• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type This Guy!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said that with the understanding that it was qualified. I could be wrong. But it would stun me.

Many types can have a natural sense of the emotionally dramatic. I couldn't point out any one as more likely, because I can imagine most types could be like this under certain circumstances.

ESTP would be near the bottom of the list for me on this, however. They get angry and emotional, sure, but not in a flowery way. They really mean it, and it comes like a storm. I suspect that it doesn't fit well with being an INTP either, no?

No, but acting dramatically I would think is more in the NF sphere of things.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, but acting dramatically I would think is more in the NF sphere of things.

Maybe, but don't you think it could be in the SF world just as easily?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe, but don't you think it could be in the SF world just as easily?

Sure. In that case I'll type him as the nature-loving ISFP.
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html

In that case, there is a great possibility of a true Fi-Ni loop, as seen in the exaggerated and ineffectual strangeness of the Fi value-judgments being leveled at the evil ones. In this I'm also considering many other observations I've made over the years. The Ni-tertiary will influence him to acquire the wild-eyed look of either a visionary or a mad-man, and will greatly influence his artistry (as an ISFP) toward the extremes. For example, his book which I am reading is from some medieval-fantasy genre, in which apes play a larger role than humans. It's not like the Kamandi comics, as there is no pseudo-rational explanation given for the speech-having abilities of the animals. It's just the way things are in that world.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This text fits him very well:
https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html
'However, the ISFP who exercises this type of self-protection regularly will become more and more unaware of other people's perspectives, and thus more and more isolated from a real understanding of the world that they live in. They will always find justification for their own inappropriate behaviors, and will always find fault with the external world for problems that they have in their lives.'

Also (from the same page): 'These individuals usually come across as selfish and unrealistic. Depending on how serious the problem is, they may appear to be anything from "a bit eccentric" to "way out there". Many times other people are unable to understand or relate to these people.'

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sure. In that case I'll type him as the nature-loving ISFP.
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html

In that case, there is a great possibility of a true Fi-Ni loop, as seen in the exaggerated and ineffectual strangeness of the Fi value-judgments being leveled at the evil ones. In this I'm also considering many other observations I've made over the years. The Ni-tertiary will influence him to acquire the wild-eyed look of either a visionary or a mad-man, and will greatly influence his artistry (as an ISFP) toward the extremes. For example, his book which I am reading is from some medieval-fantasy genre, in which apes play a larger role than humans. It's not like the Kamandi comics, as there is no pseudo-rational explanation given for the speech-having abilities of the animals. It's just the way things are in that world.

Be careful with that. The INFJ says it doesn't feel quite right.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This text fits him very well:
https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html
'However, the ISFP who exercises this type of self-protection regularly will become more and more unaware of other people's perspectives, and thus more and more isolated from a real understanding of the world that they live in. They will always find justification for their own inappropriate behaviors, and will always find fault with the external world for problems that they have in their lives.'

Also (from the same page): 'These individuals usually come across as selfish and unrealistic. Depending on how serious the problem is, they may appear to be anything from "a bit eccentric" to "way out there". Many times other people are unable to understand or relate to these people.'

I have an ISFP brother and friend. They are very hard to fathom, but because they guard their inner world. They seem deaf to other people a lot of the time, and you can almost see the 'colored energies' swirling around inside of them. My generalizations may be off, but I can't see this guy's energy as being ISFP. He doesn't take himself seriously enough in the video. And ISFPs are often ferociously hard workers, at least the two I know.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be careful with that. The INFJ says it doesn't feel quite right.

That's probably because I'm not a student of tertiary loops, therefore my explanation won't be a well-informed one. But I found confirmation in the references to "eccentric" and "way out there" at https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html. If you read the context of those descriptions, you would see that the page is showing how the Fi-dom in ISFP only looks to the external (Se-aux) for confirmation of an internal value system. The ISFP becomes more and more out of touch with reality concomitant with the intensity with which the type focuses on only very specific external evidence in support of his Fi values which are presumably under attack. The ISFP becomes, rigid, dogmatic, hard-headed, as well as an eccentric clinging to a value-system not well-supported by external evidence. Others can see that the ISFP is clearly out of his mind, but the ISFP is firmly entrenched in a value-system and will never give it up in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an ISFP brother and friend. They are very hard to fathom, but because they guard their inner world. They seem deaf to other people a lot of the time, and you can almost see the 'colored energies' swirling around inside of them. My generalizations may be off, but I can't see this guy's energy as being ISFP. He doesn't take himself seriously enough in the video. And ISFPs are often ferociously hard workers, at least the two I know.

This guy takes himself seriously. And he is a very hard worker. He hurt his back trying to do too much. I think he was working on his jeep or something. And he commonly takes long hikes in the mountains with utterly no protection on his feet.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's probably because I'm not a student of tertiary loops, therefore my explanation won't be a well-informed one. But I found confirmation in the references to "eccentric" and "way out there" at https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html. If you read the context of those descriptions, you would see that the page is showing how the Fi-dom in ISFP only looks to the external (Se-aux) for confirmation of an internal value system. The ISFP becomes more and more out of touch with reality concomitant with the intensity with which the type focuses on only very specific external evidence in support of his Fi values which are presumably under attack. The ISFP becomes, rigid, dogmatic, hard-headed, as well as an eccentric clinging to a value-system not well-supported by external evidence. Others can see that the ISFP is clearly out of his mind, but the ISFP is firmly entrenched in a value-system and will never give it up in the face of evidence to the contrary.

My critique wasn't that sophisticated. I don't argue the evidence; I think you have some good evidence. He simply doesn't 'feel' like an ISFP when I watch him on the video. But I could be wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My critique wasn't that sophisticated. I don't argue the evidence; I think you have some good evidence. He simply doesn't 'feel' like an ISFP when I watch him on the video. But I could be wrong.

I'm sure your feelings are accurate. But it's not ISFP exactly, it's the Fi-Ni loop you're seeing.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sure your feelings are accurate. But it's not ISFP exactly, it's the Fi-Ni loop you're seeing.

I just got back from an event with my ISFP friend. Thinking about this, I can just barely envision an ISFP doing what that guy does in the video. When they are excited, you can see the sort of 'naive' sharing attitude which they easily retreat from if they think they are being made fun of, etc. So I can see his behavior in the video being Fi shared because he got an insight into the mushrooms, or something, instead of Fe.

So I'm not convinced of ISFP, but I do now see that it is possible.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just got back from an event with my ISFP friend. Thinking about this, I can just barely envision an ISFP doing what that guy does in the video. When they are excited, you can see the sort of 'naive' sharing attitude which they easily retreat from if they think they are being made fun of, etc. So I can see his behavior in the video being Fi shared because he got an insight into the mushrooms, or something, instead of Fe.

So I'm not convinced of ISFP, but I do now see that it is possible.

That's kewl. My purpose for creating this thread was to sort out this puzzling character. It's not that I don't have tons of information to go on, via facebook and youtube, but his mental illness tends to get in the way. He's on disability and not for physical reasons. He may not be bipolar, but he has mood swings where he is more creative and then less creative, and right now he's kind of in a down period. He's also had periods of psychosis, but that was years ago. The main focus of his psychosis was to wander around town believing that he was living in a fantasy novel realm.

I suspect that none of your ISFP friends are on disability for mental issues, so it's not a great basis for comparison. However, this guy loves animal, loves solitude, is very artistic and actually created his own cover art for his book, he lives for various forms of art and is capable in various genres including punk rock guitar. His vignette style of writing, his focus on family and intense focus on danger, indicate Sensing and Feeling. His external focus is Sensory, not Intuitive, as he eschews any data not solidly grounded or too abstract and general.

Jaguar

Typing someone who appears to be jacked up on drugs makes no sense to me.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Typing someone who appears to be jacked up on drugs makes no sense to me.

I think the challenge is what makes it fun. Where do the drugs end and the person begin?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the challenge is what makes it fun. Where do the drugs end and the person begin?

He has no proof that anybody is on drugs. But the guy is on mental disability. The real question is, where do the mental problems end and the person begin?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He has no proof that anybody is on drugs. But the guy is on mental disability. The real question is, where do the mental problems end and the person begin?

Well, I think the mental problems are the person if there is no drug component. I thought you said that he was on drugs. For years. But I guess that was just an impression. Or maybe somebody else said it was true, so I assumed it was because it seems credible.

Also, you do agree that he writes in vignettes?

You have almost sold me on ISFP. If there was more video available where he is talking to someone else, I could be conclusively convinced.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I think the mental problems are the person if there is no drug component. I thought you said that he was on drugs. For years. But I guess that was just an impression. Or maybe somebody else said it was true, so I assumed it was because it seems credible.

Also, you do agree that he writes in vignettes?

You have almost sold me on ISFP. If there was more video available where he is talking to someone else, I could be conclusively convinced.

At the time I penned the OP, he told me he hadn't used marijuana in over two months. He doesn't use any hard street drugs, and he stopped drinking a couple years ago. But what he can and does use are some very unusual mail-order drugs that I've only learned about through him. There's no doubt he's a psychonaut. The shrooms he was talking about in the video are also mail-order, although he will go magic mushroom hunting in his "backyard."

His videos are always about himself (thus the selfishness mentioned in the ISFP personal growth page), never about him and someone else. I can only find one video where he says something to his wife.

The music in the video is his own composition. The conversation occurs toward the end.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That'll change. And everyone who makes a video about themselves is selfish. Didn't you know? It's the mushrooms. ;)

He's made 273 videos about himself posted to Youtube.