• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George W. Bush paintings

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good question. I guess it has something to do with emotional sensitivity. There must be a reason why, estimated, 90% of all artists are feelers.
There is no factual basis on these statistics. If there are estimates they would be upon a number of those who make being an artist their career and not the hobbyists which I believe George W. Bush might be. It is more likely a for both Te and Ti individuals to choose a career not based upon how they feel about it but rather out of the probable outcomes. This leaves the things that they 'enjoy' doing to hobbies and pastimes throwing the statistics off to quite a degree. It's not good to assume based on simplistic intuition without expanding the possible variables noted.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
George W. Bush is better than Picasso because I hate Picasso's stuff and I think Bush is decent. The painting of Putin was funny... I wonder why he did it? Let's not be too hard on Bush; I don't think he knew half of what went on, anyway... I think he is a genuinely nice guy... just not cut out for the presidency.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see how taking up painting as a hobby after leaving position as president behind indicates someone might be F>T. Or how being a painter in general makes you an F.

W

WALMART

art comes from the soul

introverted irrationality

bypass the feels

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
George W. Bush is better than Picasso because I hate Picasso's stuff and I think Bush is decent. The painting of Putin was funny... I wonder why he did it? Let's not be too hard on Bush; I don't think he knew half of what went on, anyway... I think he is a genuinely nice guy... just not cut out for the presidency.

Lmao that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it, Picasso included.

Though, I think some people are trying too hard to get on him about this... artistically I think they're honestly pretty good. Does it matter where the images came from? I paint and like to copy photos from Facebook because they're static and not wasting their time sitting there for me while I try over and over to get the little details right. I don't see why him copying from popular and easily-obtainable images implies the paintings are meaningless or that he is being "fake". He clearly has a thing for plain, simple, pleasant straightforward shoulder-up portraits, and if you can Google and get those, why not? I do think he has a talent for capturing nuances of expression. You can see how even though they're not technically perfectly accurate and sometimes the colors especially in the shadows are a little funny, he really does capture "that something" about the individuals' faces that I can attest is often very difficult to capture. And if he enjoys painting, why not support him in that?

It does raise some good points about funding and encouraging the arts, though. Both Hitler and Bush, wouldn't everyone have been better off if they were more encouraged to pursue their artistic talent rather than their politics? ;)