• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Malkmus

V

violaine

I love, love, love that man. Sorry, no opinion on type though. (I've decided that I tend to get it wrong in the first instance without lots of research).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely see Ne in his lyrics. He seems just a hair too withdrawn and guarded to be ENP though. So I guess that leaves INTP or INFP, and I'm leaning toward INFP. :shrug:

Something about the nature of his lyrics suggests Fi over Ti...compare to an INTP such as David Byrne...Byrne's lyrics are more impersonal, a bit more forced or awkward if he tries to sing a love song...he tends to sing about conceptual things and when he sings about people, it's not generally in a personal way...he's like the befuddled anthropologist observing from afar...Malkmus, on the other hand, is a true romantic, despite projecting a sardonic hipster persona. He sings about the connections and spaces between people, then shrouds it in haphazard Ne imagery and wordplay which is all over the place.

Plus, look how sentimental he is in the "In My Room" video above. The objects he shows off hold deep meaning and attachments to him. They might be worthless to most people, but you can tell they are priceless to him. I've noticed Fi types will attach very deep emotion to objects they love and value dearly...different than how a Ti dom might value something. I am sentimental about certain things...to an extent...but they're ultimately kept around more or less as curios which I find neat and interesting to study or look at.