• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by Face (or appearance)

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25056]Null[/MENTION] Left: INFP 9w1 > 6w7 > 2w1 so/sp.
Right: ISFP 6w7 > 4w3 > 9w8 sx/so.

EDIT: Should probably come up with some form of justification for my thoughts. You have a soft facial expression that sort of made me contemplate either ISFJ or INFP but there's something about it that seemed... Fi? Childlike and daydreamer sort of expression. As for your friend, she also had that Fi smile to her but I could also easily see her as being more adventurous/mischievous, maybe - which I saw indicating Se. Oh, and tell her - make-up work's on point. Though, it would probably be somewhat strange to add in the fact it came from a stranger... on the internet. Haha.

2015-12-22 18.10.05.jpg

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=25708]Meme Duchess[/MENTION] ISFP 6w7 9w1 2w3
[MENTION=26423]her-space-holiday[/MENTION] INFJ 4w3 1w9 6w5

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Snapchat-6603455032310216984.jpg

I wish to be typed as well. These answers are very accurate.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=26769]LavenderSoda[/MENTION] ISFP 9w1 6w5 2w1

Everyone here is so pretty.

her-space-holiday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even though I am happy to see both sides of your face, in order to properly be Vi'ed you have to do almost a mugshot photo. There's certain details that cannot be left out and the face would have to be your resting face or a very relaxed smile.

But yes, I know those pictures don't go well for many.

Oh and keep the make up minimal too. Lol
Member picture Time is the place where you can do whatever with any photo of yourself. But if you don't care about VI; there's nothing I can do anyway. :gleam:

pictures can be tricky.
always sneaking up on me mid blink and what not :mad:.

I have a pretty clear smiling picture that is right up in my business and it really captures that way that my expressions kind of look like they're trying to escape from my face. IRL/on videoI kind of like that about myself, but I'm a full on Monet painting in most photos :dry:;)

It may just be confirmation bias but I've noticed based on the few videos of infjs I've watched(and the one other I know irl), that they share some extremely similar characteristics, in terms of physical features and general mannerisms/speech patterns that I think that I share too. The shape and expression of the eyes(as well as the tendency to have a someone fleeting gaze that doesn't focus on one thing for too long) being a big one, but I also noticed a sort of..scattered way of talking where there will be a break in their monologue, and you'll see the gears kind of turning as they put together their thoughts and how to verbalize them.

mild segue into storytime...I actually remember a distinct and ridiculous moment where one day, in the middle of a long rant to a friend who was giving me a lift somewhere, I just sort of..stopped talking for a solid 45 seconds, zoned out, and then picked back up like it was nothing. She didn't say a word throughout it and let me finish my thought and then just burst out laughing and told me that I was the weirdest person she knew..kind of feels good to see these strange quirks in others.

EDIT:

all you infps share such a similar sort of expression. I really can't place it. A little whimsical, a little introspective, and kind of mysterious. do you guys think that's Fi showing through?

wish I could articulate it a bit more eloquently.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Null I find the most easy to type visually for some reason... the INFPness is so obvious relative to the others even though I don't know why. Childish and soft expression as well as a sense of genuineness?

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Null I find the most easy to type visually for some reason... the INFPness is so obvious relative to the others even though I don't know why. Childish and soft expression as well as a sense of genuineness?
I've actually been typed as ISFJ a lot based on photos, but never anything besides those two types.

her-space-holiday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
agreed. it's a little reserved, but you can tell there's a lot going on in those noggins.

View attachment 15203

I wish to be typed as well. These answers are very accurate.

Lavender soda sounds really nice..hm..

and it might be the picture, or your resemblance to a friend of mine(and I'm fairly positive she's a sensor, too, possibly esfj..you both have a very warm face and your eyes remind me so much of her's) but it's hard to say. I feel like I can tell you're a sensing type - and it may just be because I can't look at your picture without seeing that you are in fact, an ISFJ, but I feel like it's apparent in your expression and how externally focused you look. I feel like N types always look a little distracted by their own thoughts no matter what.

Someone better at this than I will do you more justice, but when I look at you I think 'warm, intelligent, probably has her shit together' and I think you fit your type well, I could see mistaking you for an extravert from that pic alone, too.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=26769]LavenderSoda[/MENTION] ISFP 9w1 6w5 2w1

Everyone here is so pretty.

I am actually a ISFJ 4w5 5w4 1w2. I do tend to wonder if I am ISFP or not. I don't like enneagram but I figured I would comment in full.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
agreed. it's a little reserved, but you can tell there's a lot going on in those noggins.

Lavender soda sounds really nice..hm..

and it might be the picture, or your resemblance to a friend of mine(and I'm fairly positive she's a sensor, too, possibly esfj..you both have a very warm face and your eyes remind me so much of her's) but it's hard to say. I feel like I can tell you're a sensing type - and it may just be because I can't look at your picture without seeing that you are in fact, an ISFJ, but I feel like it's apparent in your expression and how externally focused you look. I feel like N types always look a little distracted by their own thoughts no matter what.

Someone better at this than I will do you more justice, but when I look at you I think 'warm, intelligent, probably has her shit together' and I think you fit your type well, I could see mistaking you for an extravert from that pic alone, too.

It took me a very long time to realize I was a sensor. I mean like 3 good years! I first figured I was a sensor when I took a look at my favorite artist, Prince. He's an obvious sensor. We seem to have a similar personality to each other so I thought I was ISFP for a long time. I first typed as INFP.
I've gone through the types of INFP, ISFP, INFJ, INTJ, INTP and ISFJ. I knew it had to be one of those. INTP was very wrong but I thought I'd include that to show you where I have began at. I really appreciate your sweet comments. I'd love to see a picture of your friend. They say everyone in the world has a twin. I never notice if I am in the here and now. I probably just am. I think I notice when I am in a emotion. It consume me whole as if its the only emotion I had ever felt.

jadves

Enneagram
Lets see if you can type me: :)

Attachments

• WP_20160118_14_59_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160118_14_59_00_Pro.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 131

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type me and my best friend! I'm the one on the left.
tumblr_o11tvtaxq91rs91e7o1_400.jpg

Your friend looks like a typical ESTJ to me

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Kinda curious what my lovelies (and I) look like. I have a pretty good idea but this is cool.
13912543_1569880473314414_4864021630573543669_n.jpg

12920373_1529832253985903_4160476751824555907_n.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
This is not typing by face but typing by the image of a face, that is, typing by picture, typing by selfies.

What is striking is that the image of a face is almost perfect for hiding the psyche. In fact it is almost impossible to make an image of the psyche with a camera. If discovering our psyche were as easy as taking a picture, there would be no need for psychology, the study of the psyche.

But we take pictures of ourselves because it is cheap and easy, and hey, everyone does it, so why not us?

And we are so cheap we believe we can tell the personality type from an image.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious to find out what type I look like:
me2016.jpg

And what type my best friend/platonic soulmate looks like:
katy.jpg