• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by Face (or appearance)

Mole

Permabanned
feet.jpg

You'll have to let me know what you think. Can you tell I live in the sunshine state?

And of course your dancing feet reflect your dancing personality.

I would recognise you anywhere.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And of course your dancing feet reflect your dancing personality.

I would recognise you anywhere.

HMU the next time you see me strutting, we'll dance the macarena.

yeghor

[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION], if you would be so kind:

View attachment 12180

I don't know how much I believe in any of typology but I admit I use methods of VI when I attempt to type people I know in real life. I think you can tell a difference between Fi and Fe eyes, and an Fi and Fe smile.

ISFP?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Phrenology is a pseudo science that links the shape of the head with personality.

But still phrenology lives on this superstitious site, along with astrology and mbti.

What superstition next? Homeopathy perhaps?

I've got a crystal for that, but if the purple one is too expensive, don't worry, I've got a cheaper green one instead.

Caw the rooks

MBTI Type
ENTP
If anything, the eyes will tell. For example, you see people looking down or zoned out, it's obvious they're paying attention to the within rather than the without, i.e. introverting.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OK guys I have taken three more pictures, unaffected this time.

My apologies for the poor quality of these photos: they have been taken in the winter morning light, and the third photo was taken in a rush. However I think the expression was one of the best, so kept it.

yeghor

OK guys I have taken three more pictures, unaffected this time.

My apologies for the poor quality of these photos: they have been taken in the winter morning light, and the third photo was taken in a rush. However I think the expression was one of the best, so kept it.

I don't know about your type.

But your overall complexion particularly reminds me of a guy from high school.

This guy had a habit of talking back at teachers, boasting about his superiority. He was quite antisocial and a ruthless bully and teachers didn't know how to deal with him.

He didn't like (his superiority) being challenged. One day, I was playing soccer in the school yard and this guy was in the opposing team. I was marking him and he couldn't get past me and that made him angry. Then he threatened to "devastate" me. I kept on marking him. Then I jumped up for a high ball and he deliberately pushed me sideways from underneath and made me fall on my arm on to the concrete floor.

That guy had a compulsion to come on top no matter what. I know that he wasn't an xSTP. He was boastful and aggressive verbally rather than physically but had a strong body. That makes me think he was a Te-dominant type with a propensity for physical violance.

ExTJ and type 6 comes to mind. Yet ENTJs develop their tertiary Se around late 20s I guess so he might have been a ESTJ.

You don't seem to have Se aesthetics. Your hairstyle however makes me think that you are an INTP. It makes me curious as to whether you are deliberately trying to cover up something on your forehead.

You also remind me of Andy Warhol as I said earlier.

Some sites list him as an IxFP. Is there any way Warhol is rather an INTP?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I don't know about your type.

Win. Anyone else want to have a shot?

But your overall complexion particularly reminds me of a guy from high school.

This guy had a habit of talking back at teachers, boasting about his superiority. He was quite antisocial and a ruthless bully and teachers didn't know how to deal with him.

He didn't like (his superiority) being challenged. One day, I was playing soccer in the school yard and this guy was in the opposing team. I was marking him and he couldn't get past me and that made him angry. Then he threatened to "devastate" me. I kept on marking him. Then I jumped up for a high ball and he deliberately pushed me sideways from underneath and made me fall on my arm on to the concrete floor.

That guy had a compulsion to come on top no matter what. I know that he wasn't an xSTP. He was boastful and aggressive verbally rather than physically but had a strong body. That makes me think he was a Te-dominant type with a propensity for physical violance.

ExTJ and type 6 comes to mind. Yet ENTJs develop their tertiary Se around late 20s I guess so he might have been a ESTJ.

You don't seem to have Se aesthetics. Your hairstyle however makes me think that you are an INTP. It makes me curious as to whether you are deliberately trying to cover up something on your forehead.

You also remind me of Andy Warhol as I said earlier.

I have never been a bully, that's the most ironic joke I've ever had directed at me actually. There are no correlations between my experience in high school and that of the guy you knew, and not that much between our personalities.

Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them.

yeghor

Win. Anyone else want to have a shot?

I have never been a bully, that's the most ironic joke I've ever had directed at me actually. There are no correlations between my experience in high school and that of the guy you knew, and not that much between our personalities.

Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them.

What did you win? Why is it important to win? What does winning something signify to you?

What should I trust rather than my eyes? How much of the time?

My understanding is that you are trying to elevate yourself above people ot withdrawn from people so that they won't be able to harm\control you, and you are rationalizing this by telling yourself that you are superior to them so that your ego won't get bruised.

IxTPs do this by assuming they are superior to other people and withdraw inside and refuse to contact others cause others are feeble\stupid\weak etc. ExTJs do this by projecting their will and controlling their environment and the people in it.

If you are withdrawing inside outside home, you are an IxTP. If you are trying to control people and see them as peons\pawns, then you are an ExTJ.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
What did you win? Why is it important to win? What does winning something signify to you?

You have claimed in this thread many times that you can assign a person a type based on their appearance. Twice now you can failed to do so with me, despite numerous offerings. This is not a personal attack, simply an invalidation of the hypothesis, so it applies to others.

What should I trust rather than my eyes? How much of the time?

That was a double-entendre, I slip them into my posts occasionally. You could interpret the sentence as meaning: "don't judge me on my appearance", or recognise it as a quote from Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars ;)

My understanding is that you are trying to elevate yourself above people ot withdrawn from people so that they won't be able to harm\control you, and you are rationalizing this by telling yourself that you are superior to them so that your ego won't get bruised.

IxTPs do this by assuming they are superior to other people and withdraw inside and refuse to contact others cause others are feeble\stupid\weak etc. ExTJs do this by projecting their will and controlling their environment and the people in it.

If you are withdrawing inside outside home, you are an IxTP. If you are trying to control people and see them as peons\pawns, then you are an ExTJ.

These strategies just seem like generalised unhealthy defense mechanisms that introverts and extroverts, respectively, might adopt, rather than anything type-related. Though, as extroverts can suffer from social anxiety as well, it is possible that they might adopt the first strategy.

I don't see much of myself in either of these strategies. This isn't a general typing thread anyway. I have made my point, let's leave this here.

yeghor

You have claimed in this thread many times that you can assign a person a type based on their appearance. Twice now you can failed to do so with me, despite numerous offerings. This is not a personal attack, simply an invalidation of the hypothesis, so it applies to others.

That was a double-entendre, I slip them into my posts occasionally. You could interpret the sentence as meaning: "don't judge me on my appearance", or recognise it as a quote from Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars ;)

These strategies just seem like generalised unhealthy defense mechanisms that introverts and extroverts, respectively, might adopt, rather than anything type-related. Though, as extroverts can suffer from social anxiety as well, it is possible that they might adopt the first strategy.

I don't see much of myself in either of these strategies. This isn't a general typing thread anyway. I have made my point, let's leave this here.
I didn't claim anything. I just tried guessing peoples' types. How did you win something out of this, that's what I don't get. Why did you become invested in that in this thread?

Do you strive for win/fail scenarios? Why?

Mole

Permabanned
How can we judge a book by its cover?

Why would we take someone at face value?

Japanese has two words: tatemae and honne. Tatemae means face value, and honne means heart value.

So is it best to judge on face value or heart value?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I didn't claim anything. I just tried guessing peoples' types. How did you win something out of this, that's what I don't get. Why did you become invested in that in this thread?

Do you strive for win/fail scenarios? Why?

My objective was to show that the idea advanced by the OP and you - that a deduction of someone's full, four-letter type from their appearance is possible - is just that.

I was, however, genuinely curious to see what answer you would come up with, as I am interested in this way of approaching typing due to its practical applications. When you first meet someone you are interested in, usually you don't have a computer handy (and even if you did, it would be a weird thing to ask that someone to do...take some random test on the internet...:doh:).

yeghor

How can we judge a book by its cover?

Why would we take someone at face value?

Japanese has two words: tatemae and honne. Tatemae means face value, and honne means heart value.

So is it best to judge on face value or heart value?

Initial impressions are based on face value, which is what people project outwards to people that they are not close with. Heart value becomes evident only when they feel relaxed in your company and trust you.

yeghor

My objective was to show that the idea advanced by the OP and you - that a deduction of someone's full, four-letter type from their appearance is possible - is just that.

I was, however, genuinely curious to see what answer you would come up with, as I am interested in this way of approaching typing due to its practical applications. When you first meet someone you are interested in, usually you don't have a computer handy (and even if you did, it would be a weird thing to ask that someone to do...take some random test on the internet...:doh:).

It's a matter of pattern recognition. The more people you interact with the better you become at recognizing them. It's not accurate in 100% of the cases. It's accurate in some cases though.

Mole

Permabanned
Initial impressions are based on face value, which is what people project outwards to people that they are not close with. Heart value becomes evident only when they feel relaxed in your company and trust you.

Surely if the face can predict personality, the heart can too.

Of course it is interesting we see the face, but only feel the heart.

So the heart personality is heartfelt, honne, while the face personality is a false personality, tatemae.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
It's a matter of pattern recognition. The more people you interact with the better you become at recognizing them. It's not accurate in 100% of the cases. It's accurate in some cases though.

True. I feel confident that I can deduce I/E and T/F just from observing someone for a while.

N/S and J/P you can't really, though.

You are also not accounting for ethnic differences, which obfuscate things as they will substantially influence the way one acts and dresses.