• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by Face (or appearance)

yeghor

I'm not "convinced" of any typing by appearance, as I told [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION], it is experimentation. So all of your negativistic judgments about me are rude and incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't you add in the Enneagram traits?

I don't know, was I supposed to?

1w2 for the first one.

4w3 for the second.

6w5 for the third.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

1w2 for the first one.

4w3 for the second.

6w5 for the third.

That's actually one wing away from dead on, so bravo! I (the middle person) am 4w5. What drew your conclusions (if you don't mind me asking)?

MBTI wise, from front to back: IxTJ, INFx, and ISTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

1w2 for the first one.

4w3 for the second.

6w5 for the third.

EVERYBODY SEND YOUR PICTURES TO THIS GUY!^^^^^^^^

yeghor

That's actually one wing away from dead on, so bravo! I (the middle person) am 4w5. What drew your conclusions (if you don't mind me asking)?

Eyes and smiles mostly.

The first one has droopy (warm), tired (in pain) looking eyes that matches her smile. That's a trait I've observed in IxFJs, including myself. She doesn't have the ferocity of an extravert.

You have a strong gaze and cold eyes that conveys the message "I matter" that I associate with Fi. You are also wearing a pink watch and some redhued glasses (stylish Fi). Your overall body looks athletic or proportionate as far as I can tell from your arm mostly. I've come to associate that body type with Se. Again your tight lipped smile suggests you are an introvert.

The third one has a big smile but her eyes do not match her smile. Her eyes are looking in an emotionless manner, they do not convey emotions. Yet her big smile suggests that she might be an extravert. So an extraverted type with low F. Her accessories looks more like a traditional style so an ExxJ type with low F = ESTJ. ISTJ is also plausible. I had a coworker that looked like her but she was an ExTJ I guess.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
EVERYBODY SEND YOUR PICTURES TO THIS GUY!^^^^^^^^

I don't think so; yeghor (and a few others, I can't remember who) thought I was an INFJ based on the very "reasoning" that he is using in his post above, then more recently flipped to ENTJ due to my enneagram results. In reality, my connection to e4 and imprinted past experiences are probably responsible for sch an expression. With such flawed reasoning it seems contradictory that someone may have a soft, pained expression, yet be volatile and quick to anger.

This should, however, be a lesson that typing someone based on their appearance is very flawed as an idea, simply because of the range of expressions I (and anyone) can assume in our daily lives. You are betting on that one pic being representative of X person's personality. One may well be able to deduce the I/E and possibly T/F axes. But the S/N and J/P ones? I seriously doubt it. I am curious about whether there is some correlation between what music people listen to, and how they dress, and type, but my inner skeptic tells me that's BS as well.

(BTW unrelated but I owe you an apology for my comments on a typing thread yesterday; I didn't realise you were talking about JCF and phrased what I was saying in a shit way. Brain freeze. C'est la vie...)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I thought the front girl was ISTJ. woohoo. I guessed INFJ for the middle but ISFJ for the back.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eyes and smiles mostly.

The first one has droopy (warm), tired (in pain) looking eyes that matches her smile. That's a trait I've observed in IxFJs, including myself. She doesn't have the ferocity of an extravert.

You have a strong gaze and cold eyes that conveys the message "I matter" that I associate with Fi. You are also wearing a pink watch and some redhued glasses (stylish Fi). Your overall body looks athletic or proportionate as far as I can tell from your arm mostly. I've come to associate that body type with Se. Again your tight lipped smile suggests you are an introvert.

The third one has a big smile but her eyes do not match her smile. Her eyes are looking in an emotionless manner, they do not convey emotions. Yet her big smile suggests that she might be an extravert. So an extraverted type with low F. Her accessories looks more like a traditional style so an ExxJ type with low F = ESTJ. ISTJ is also plausible. I had a coworker that looked like her but she was an ExTJ I guess.

Interesting, thanks for sharing your observations. What made you choose the Enneagram types that you did?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the front girl was ISTJ. woohoo. I guessed INFJ for the middle but ISFJ for the back.

Nice, any particular reason those were the conclusions you reached?

yeghor

Interesting, thanks for sharing your observations. What made you choose the Enneagram types that you did?

- - - Updated - - -

About the enneagram typings, I used my theory about MBTI enneagram correlations linked in my signature.

yeghor

I don't think so; yeghor (and a few others, I can't remember who) thought I was an INFJ based on the very "reasoning" that he is using in his post above, then more recently flipped to ENTJ due to my enneagram results...

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I've never tried typing you visually. Besides:

[MENTION=21639]SilentMusings[/MENTION] there's a high chance that you are a Ti-dom... You seem to be impatient a bit as well... pointing at impulsivity... So you may be an IxTP...

Your enneagram results are not consistent with INTP type (your socionics test result)...

Your enneagram results yield; 6w5 - 4w3 - 9w8 = (according to my own interpretation) Te - Fe Fi - Si ~= ESTJ

Does this description fit ESTJ personality | 16 Personality Types ?

If not, what about this ISTP personality | 16 Personality Types ?

6w7 3w4 8w9 1w9 = Te Fe or Fi Se Ni. You are either ENFJ or ENTJ. Why your 3w4 is so high that I don't know. Do you yearn to be respected\feared or revered\loved?

Is there some post of mine that I've forgotten about?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I've never tried typing you visually.

Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else then, if so I apologise.

I have a vague recollection of comments about type cropping up in a joke thread I started about a month ago, asking people whether they'd go out with me. I will take my issues with your reasoning up where they arise, sorry for putting them out here.

Back to thread topic...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, any particular reason those were the conclusions you reached?

I don't know. Just a lucky guess.

The girl in the middle (that's you, right?) has those sort of deep NF eyes. I don't know how to describe it but INFs always look like they're not quite in the present, like their eyes are focused on some other thought or thing. I almost guessed INTP.

The girl in the back just looked like a quiet introvert but she seems grounded in the concrete, physical world, as opposed to you, who has that "constant daydreamer" NF gaze--ISFJ was just an arbitrary guess. She looked warmer than an ISTJ.

The girl in front strikes me as pretty no-nonsense but friendly enough, so again, ISTJ was an arbitrary guess.

Perhaps I am better at reading people than I'd thought.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type these people. I'm unsure of their enneagram types (I could guess though), but fairly certain of their MBTI types.

Z1YtmS9.jpg

Last edited:

yeghor

Type these people. I'm unsure of their enneagram types (I could guess though), but fairly certain of their MBTI types.

ESFP INFP ENFJ ??

The guy is taking up too much space in the photo and is overshadowing the other two.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
@yeghor, @Mal12345, and others who disagree: To prove my point, I am attaching four pictures of me taken one after the other. In the first three every variable is controlled except my facial expressions, which i've modified in each picture: a bemused expression, a sad one, and an expression I use to intimidate people. In the fourth, I've add a few accessories, and changed the background. I bet I look like a different type in each shot :D What I am trying to show you (and others) is that it is difficult to assign a type without taking one of those shots in isolation.

If you feel you can assign a type, I will be interested to read your justification.

yeghor

@yeghor, @Mal12345, and others who disagree: To prove my point, I am attaching four pictures of me taken one after the other. In the first three every variable is controlled except my facial expressions, which i've modified in each picture: a bemused expression, a sad one, and an expression I use to intimidate people. In the fourth, I've add a few accessories, and changed the background. I bet I look like a different type in each shot :D What I am trying to show you (and others) is that it is difficult to assign a type without taking one of those shots in isolation.

If you feel you can assign a type, I will be interested to read your justification.

Which one is your natural look? I need one that shows your casual nature.

Mole

Permabanned
Phrenology

Phrenology is a pseudo science that links the shape of the head with personality.

But still phrenology lives on this superstitious site, along with astrology and mbti.

What superstition next? Homeopathy perhaps?

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION], if you would be so kind:

yeghor.jpg

I don't know how much I believe in any of typology but I admit I use methods of VI when I attempt to type people I know in real life. I think you can tell a difference between Fi and Fe eyes, and an Fi and Fe smile.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION], if you would be so kind:
View attachment 12180
I don't know how much I believe in any of typology but I admit I use methods of VI when I attempt to type people I know in real life. I think you can tell a difference between Fi and Fe eyes, and an Fi and Fe smile.

The truth is our feet accurately reflect our personality.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The truth is our feet accurately reflect our personality.

feet.jpg

You'll have to let me know what you think. Can you tell I live in the sunshine state?