• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
As I am running out of profiles to do on my blog, I have had to dig deep with this one by looking to my distant Trekkie past. I have always liked Deep Space Nine more than the average viewer and I think it is the most complex Trek with the most complex characters. So I think it is worth profiling. I don't feel the need to do any of the other Trek show's.... (yet)

Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
My Spell Checking and Grammar, etc etc etc -- not quite done yet.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I disagree about Worf, I think he's a Feeler. And Dukat is ENTP, blatantly.

O

Oberon

And what is it with all those tough-as-nails Bajorans, huh?

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I disagree about Worf, I think he's a Feeler. And Dukat is ENTP, blatantly.

I can see that about Worf, but either way it's close. The guy was in charge of security. A very ISTJ thing to do. I think he just get's passionate about his SJ traditional ways.

Dukat? I can see him as an N in those later seasons when he kind of went off.... but..... he is just a used car salesmen to me and seems way too grounded to be an N (at least before we went kind of psycho). If you give me tangible evidence of his NT hood, I have no problem updating my profile.

Being an ENTP, do you think Dax and Garak are likewise ENTP? Garak may be a J, but I am not sure. Dax may be an F, but I am not sure.

O

Oberon

Being an ENTP, do you think Dax and Garak are likewise ENTP? Garak may be a J, but I am not sure. Dax may be an F, but I am not sure.

Curzon Dax was certainly an ENTP. Jadzia Dax seems to have a touch more... responsibility? ...in her makeup.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
oh yeah I always had Dax and Garak down for ENTP.

Maybe you're right about Dukat, but he does love his intrigue though, and teasing/provoking people.

and ENTP's can be responsible! ffs I've been raising two kids on my own for the last six years and haven't gambled away our money or got into debts or anything. And the place is usually clean and tidy.

edit - I think it might be an ENTP thing that we avoid responsibility if we can, but if it lands on us I reckon we do take it actually pretty damn seriously. Or is that just me?

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
oh yeah I always had Dax and Garak down for ENTP.

Maybe you're right about Dukat, but he does love his intrigue though, and teasing/provoking people.

and ENTP's can be responsible! ffs I've been raising two kids on my own for the last six years and haven't gambled away our money or got into debts or anything. And the place is usually clean and tidy.

That is true. He loves to provoke for a reaction.

Regardless, I still say he is an SP over an NT in that he has a love for Power and Action over the Sciences and Ingenuity. And ESTP's may use the "teasing" as part of their false charm (when they are in salesmen mode).

As far as Dax, to be a starfleet officer, you usually have to have responsibility. ENTP's are usually pretty smart and know how they are doing. They can choose to be responsible. There is no way Dax is an ENTJ or even an ESTJ for that matter.

O

Oberon

edit - I think it might be an ENTP thing that we avoid responsibility if we can, but if it lands on us I reckon we do take it actually pretty damn seriously. Or is that just me?

Well, I think you may be right about that.

I will duck as many daily tasks as I can, but my conscience won't allow me to actually neglect my wife and kids.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah remember the times when Worf would complain at her for being too laid back, and how she found compromising so hard with Worf's Klingon - was it parent? aunt? whatever, with those trials before the wedding? and she loves partaying and games of chance with the Ferengi. She's so ENTP there shouldn't be any debate.

O

Oberon

She's so ENTP there shouldn't be any debate.

Except I don't remember her pulling seemingly random logical associations out of the air, or being borderline ADHD, or saying edgy outrageous things to people in sensitive situations just to see what they'll do, or any of that sort of thing. I suppose one could attribute her level of control to Starfleet's discipline...?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Except I don't remember her pulling seemingly random logical associations out of the air, or being borderline ADHD, or saying edgy outrageous things to people in sensitive situations just to see what they'll do, or any of that sort of thing. I suppose one could attribute her level of control to Starfleet's discipline...?

and the long, long years and lives of experience perhaps??

I don't tend to offer advice much these days either. I've learned people never listen anyway, so it's more effective to just sit and play on the Nintendo DS and let them screw up by themselves, then when you're all in the hole and everyone's panicking, come in and save the day. Then go back to the game. :laugh:

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
yeah remember the times when Worf would complain at her for being too laid back, and how she found compromising so hard with Worf's Klingon - was it parent? aunt? whatever, with those trials before the wedding? and she loves partaying and games of chance with the Ferengi. She's so ENTP there shouldn't be any debate.

This is why I think Worf is a T. He has no empathy and does not understand fun or friendly. Klingons as a whole live on ISFJ principles however.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ

It seems I remember her being an instigator. It seems with Bashir or Quark...

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I've been watching DS9 a lot these past 6 months or so for lack of better programming. I feel confident with the following:

Captain Sisko: ESTP
Worf: ISFJ
Kira: INFJ
Jake: ENFJ
Kai Winn: ESFJ
Odo: ISTJ
Quark: ESFP
O'brien: ISTP
Garak: INTJ
Dukat: ESTJ
Zial: INFP

I have trouble weening out Dax's type - definitely see the ENTP nature there, though. Bashir I'm lost on too.

I find typing the ferengi to be difficult as well, can't get a good fix on Rom, Nog or even Zek.

oh man, how could you type Garak ENTP? Garak is like TEXTBOOK INTJ if you ask me.

Also, I think Weyouns type SHIFTS throughout the series through his various clones. He is INFX when he defects, for example. Tough to pin down.

KDude

Weyoun isn't Fi.. his entire race was genetically engineered by the Founders to keep in check. They can't think for themselves. The only time one of the clones did something seemingly independent was dying for Odo, but that's because Odo was a Founder himself (in Weyoun's eyes).

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
well, in that particular episode where he defects, he tells odo the reason is that "from the moment i was activated i felt this war was wrong". Seems Fi enough to me. In that same episode he's referred to as a "failure" BECAUSE he thought for himself, because he made the independent judgement. although you do have a point about the loyalty.... he thought odo was gonna be the new leader of the Dominion due to the founders being wiped out.

here: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GR78a2Pjx5A/ ... It's at 15:00 minutes into it.

KDude

Thanks for pointing that out.. forgot about the lines.. He's pretty hard to type then, you're right.

Speaking of Fi, one of my favorite side characters on the show was Bareil.. I read he was ISFP somewhere before. Kinda of agree with that.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
I could never read bariel...... he was like a white washboard to me.