• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your country's type

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Midwest US: ESFJ

Texas: ESTP

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
i am MORE THAN SKEPTICAL of anyone who tries to type massive social bodies..........

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
United States: ENTJ 1w2

Minnesota: ESFJ 9w1

I think the US in generally is N, not S. It tends to enthusiastically go on idealistic moral crusades without thought about the practicalities.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah lots of Se. Aesthetics everywhere, and Japanese businessmen after working like slaves all go out with their boss and coworkers and drink lots of beer and sake and sing karaoke, then fall asleep on the subway at 3am. Inf. Se indulgence.

Se is the inferior function for INxJs, so that is possibly an expression of the repressed inferior.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
United States: ENTJ 1w2

Minnesota: ESFJ 9w1

I think the US in generally is N, not S. It tends to enthusiastically go on idealistic moral crusades without thought about the practicalities.

This sounds more F>T to me than N>S, since SF types can generally be pretty idealistic too and are also less practical-minded than STs and even NTs (I think an ENTJ would give way more thought to practicalities than an ESFJ).

Generally.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not taking into consideration present day political values, I see the US as historically ENTJ (3w4).

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Northeast U.S. - ENxJ 1w2 so/sp
Southern/Midwest U.S. - xSFJ 9w8 sx/so
West Coast Best Coast - INxP 3w4 for California, 5w4 for everywhere else sp/sx

Ohio as a whole - ISFJ 6w5 sp/sx
Columbus - ENFP sx/so

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Generally.

You don't need to qualify it with the use of that word. Everything that comes under the heading of MBTI is automatically synonymous with the notion of 'generally'

Think of it as the human ego, it survives, so long as no one actually examines it with a critical eye.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You don't need to qualify it with the use of that word. Everything that comes under the heading of MBTI is automatically synonymous with the notion of 'generally'

A lot can get misconstrued with the wrong wording. Sorry for playing it safe. :shrug:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
A lot can get misconstrued with the wrong wording. Sorry for playing it safe. :shrug:

You misunderstand, my point is that your use of that word implies there is some version of MBTI that isn't general.

The thing couldn't be more general if you asked a blind butcher to spread it over toast. It's not accurate in any sense of the word.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This sounds more F>T to me than N>S, since SF types can generally be pretty idealistic too and are also less practical-minded than STs and even NTs (I think an ENTJ would give way more thought to practicalities than an ESFJ).

Generally.

I disagree. Te-Doms can be very moralistic in a dogmatic, doctrinaire way. Jung himself describes Te-Doms as such:

Psychological Types, Chapter 10, page 435:

In accordance with his definition, we must picture a, man whose constant aim -- in so far, of course, as he is a pure type -- is to bring his total life-activities into relation with intellectual conclusions, which in the last resort are always orientated by objective data, whether objective facts or generally valid ideas. This type of man gives the deciding voice-not merely for himself alone but also on behalf of his entourage-either to the actual objective reality or to its objectively orientated, intellectual formula. By this formula are good and evil measured, and beauty and ugliness determined. All is right that corresponds with this formula; all is wrong that contradicts it; and everything that is neutral to it is purely accidental. Because this formula seems to correspond with the meaning of the world, it also becomes a world-law whose realization must be achieved at all times and seasons, both individually and collectively. Just as the extraverted thinking type subordinates himself to his formula, so, for its own good, must his entourage also obey it, since the man who refuses to obey is wrong -- he is resisting the world-law, and is, therefore, unreasonable, immoral, and without a conscience. His moral code forbids him to tolerate exceptions; his ideal must, under all circumstances, be realized; for in his eyes it is the purest conceivable formulation of objective reality, and, therefore, must also be generally valid truth, quite indispensable for the salvation of man. This is not from any great love for his neighbour, but from a higher standpoint of justice and truth. Everything in his own nature that appears to invalidate this formula is mere imperfection, an accidental miss-fire, something to be eliminated on the next occasion, or, in the event of further failure, then clearly a sickness.

Mole

Permabanned
How we love the voice of authority, and we prefer even a discredited authority than no authority at all -

Psychological Types, Chapter 10, page 435:

In accordance with his definition, we must picture a, man whose constant aim -- in so far, of course, as he is a pure type -- is to bring his total life-activities into relation with intellectual conclusions, which in the last resort are always orientated by objective data, whether objective facts or generally valid ideas. This type of man gives the deciding voice-not merely for himself alone but also on behalf of his entourage-either to the actual objective reality or to its objectively orientated, intellectual formula. By this formula are good and evil measured, and beauty and ugliness determined. All is right that corresponds with this formula; all is wrong that contradicts it; and everything that is neutral to it is purely accidental. Because this formula seems to correspond with the meaning of the world, it also becomes a world-law whose realization must be achieved at all times and seasons, both individually and collectively. Just as the extraverted thinking type subordinates himself to his formula, so, for its own good, must his entourage also obey it, since the man who refuses to obey is wrong -- he is resisting the world-law, and is, therefore, unreasonable, immoral, and without a conscience. His moral code forbids him to tolerate exceptions; his ideal must, under all circumstances, be realized; for in his eyes it is the purest conceivable formulation of objective reality, and, therefore, must also be generally valid truth, quite indispensable for the salvation of man. This is not from any great love for his neighbour, but from a higher standpoint of justice and truth. Everything in his own nature that appears to invalidate this formula is mere imperfection, an accidental miss-fire, something to be eliminated on the next occasion, or, in the event of further failure, then clearly a sickness.

Nicodemus

How we love the voice of authority, and we prefer even a discredited authority than no authority at all -
Whatever their reliability and value, the man is certainly an authority on his own theories.

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought America as a kind of ESxJ. I can't really decide between Fe and Te though.