• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI for the Alice series (Phyllis Reynolds Naylor)

MBTI Type
INFP
I was very fond of this series for a while I was growing up, particularly throughout my middle school years, but have never seen any of the characters typed under the MBTI system. I'm going to attempt, however, to type the character's personalities, even if I am unsure of some of them; here are my opinions:

Alice- INFP
(She almost feels like a paragon for Fi, for as the main protagonist of the series, she seems to internalize everything as she tries to discover herself and identify what she truly desires; the fact that she constantly mentioned wanting to become a psychologist to better understand others and was curious to a fault seemed rather NF to me as well.)

Elizabeth- INFJ (despite seeming like an ISFJ at first glance, she has a hidden philosophical side and seems to perceive the world through some usage of Ni, although I may wrong about this. I am pretty certain she was a Fe user, however).

Pamela- ESFP (typical bubbly, extraverted blonde to serve as a foil to Elizabeth's shyness and self-consciousness).

Gwen- ENFJ (typical model student and academic ace with strong ideas and ambitions to fill her parents with pride).

Lester- ENTP

Aunt Sally- ISFJ (obviously)

Ben (Alice's father)- ISFJ

Sylvia (Alice's stepmom)- ESFJ

Rosalind (Alice's childhood friend in the prequels)- ENFP

Brian (a guy-friend of Alice's)- ESTP

Jill and Karen- ESFJ and ESFP (again, obviously)

Mrs. Plotkin- ISFJ

Amy Sheldon- INTP

Patrick- xxTx (I honestly have no clue as to what Patrick is, but he struck me as being an N throughout the series).

So... what do you guys think? Do you all agree with these types?

MBTI Type
INFP
I was very fond of this series for a while I was growing up, particularly throughout my middle school years, but have never seen any of the characters typed under the MBTI system. I'm going to attempt, however, to type the character's personalities, even if I am unsure of some of them; here are my opinions:

Alice- INFP
(She almost feels like a paragon for Fi, for as the main protagonist of the series, she seems to internalize everything as she tries to discover herself and identify what she truly desires; the fact that she constantly mentioned wanting to become a psychologist to better understand others and was curious to a fault seemed rather NF to me as well.)

Elizabeth- INFJ (despite seeming like an ISFJ at first glance, she has a hidden philosophical side and seems to perceive the world through some usage of Ni, although I may wrong about this. I am pretty certain she was a Fe user, however).

Pamela- ESFP (typical bubbly, extraverted blonde to serve as a foil to Elizabeth's shyness and self-consciousness).

Gwen- ENFJ (typical model student and academic ace with strong ideas and ambitions to fill her parents with pride).

Lester- ENTP

Aunt Sally- ISFJ (obviously)

Ben (Alice's father)- ISFJ

Sylvia (Alice's stepmom)- ESFJ

Rosalind (Alice's childhood friend in the prequels)- ENFP

Brian (a guy-friend of Alice's)- ESTP

Jill and Karen- ESFJ and ESFP (again, obviously)

Mrs. Plotkin- ISFJ

Amy Sheldon- INTP

Patrick- xxTx (I honestly have no clue as to what Patrick is, but he struck me as being an N throughout the series).

So... what do you guys think? Do you all agree with these types?

I can’t believe no one else tried to type the characters from this series yet. I absolutely loved the Alice series growing up. I can say that I agree with most of your typings except for a few.

Alice McKinley- ESFJ (her entire character centers around her closeness to “home” and she has a relatively close-knit family and group of friends, despite the absence of her mother. She is the mother hen and heart among her group of girlfriends and the glue that holds pretty much everyone together. She is also a very sensible, practical and down-to-earth girl, despite her high intelligence and social awareness, and although I could also argue ISFJ for her due to her bouts of nostalgia and good memory for details, I would claim her as a Fe-dom.)

Patrick Long- I’d say ExTJ ( leaning more toward ENTJ due to his straight-forward nature and tendency to only want to talk about things that matter and not being fond of small-talk according to Alice, which screams Te-dom. His idealism and single-minded focus on his goals also seem very Ni to me, and his adventurous streak, worldliness, and love of travel seem like tertiary Se for me. I also don’t find it too far-fetched to call him extroverted).

Elizabeth Price-ISFJ (leaning more toward ISFJ than INFJ due to her conservative and reserved personality and adherence to tradition for most of her life. Her philosophical streak could be more inferior Ne than dominant Ni, considering Elizabeth hates change and going out of her comfort zone).

Pamela Jones- agreed ESFP (Pretty easy to type. The typical outgoing blonde bombshell friend who is insightful when it comes to boys, lives for the thrill of the moment, and loves both theater and being the center of attention).

Gwen Wheeler- ENFJ seems like a good fit.

Lester McKinley- It’s pretty obvious to me he’s an ENTP.

Aunt Sally- ISFJ

Cousin Carol- ESFP maybe

Ben McKinley- ISxJ (maybe ISFJ)

Mrs. Plotkin- ISTJ

Sylvia-ENFJ

Rosalind - ENFP

Like I said, I pretty much agree with most of your typings, and I wish more people were aware of this wonderful series.

Some bonus ones:

Janice Sherman- INFJ

Loretta Jenkins- ENFP