• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

James Cameron

badger055

Permabanned
I was seeing that he was getting typed as ENTP so I went to watch some of videos and look at his interviews. I didn't get an ENTP vibe at all. He looks ISTP. He has legendary anger problems and he is very strong willed. Has a more serious demeanour. Is into outdoor stuff like kayaking. He was also mechanic before he was into film making. Very individualistic. He seems like the typical explorer ISTP. If anyone has any evidence of Ne I would like to see it.

I don't know what it is about people typing ISTPs as ENTPs. People did the same thing with steve jobs. I'm guessing it's intuitive bias.

Alea_iacta_est

I agree. James Cameron seems very ISTP-ish.

As for Steve Jobs, I think he was more akin to an ENTP 5 than an ISTP, vibe-wise.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'll agree to STP for james cameron. His self expression and my own have a lot in common.

badger055

Permabanned
I agree. James Cameron seems very ISTP-ish.

As for Steve Jobs, I think he was more akin to an ENTP 5 than an ISTP, vibe-wise.

James cameron and steve jobs have almost identical personality traits. Show me the Ne. Both are ISTP 7w8s from what I can tell.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not putting steve jobs under istp. I think he's entj or something.

Alea_iacta_est

James cameron and steve jobs have almost identical personality traits. Show me the Ne. Both are ISTP 7w8s from what I can tell.

I'm not disagreeing entirely that Steve Jobs isn't an ISTP, but I am saying that he just seemed ENTP 5-ish. I don't have any factual evidence, I was merely voicing my opinion on the matter.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
from an Se point of view, nothing tells me he's Se dom/aux. Apple stores look like a cult.

I'm as intuitive as STPs will ever get. And nothing about this picture tells me steve jobs would ever function as a strong willed lumberjack:

steve_jobs3.jpg

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say INTJ, 4-5-8 tritype. Basically a cinematic version of Roger Waters.

badger055

Permabanned
from an Se point of view, nothing tells me he's Se dom/aux. Apple stores look like a cult.

The cult thing is from his ENFJ shadow and wanting to bring people into his Ti world. A part of me wants to do the same thing. Like james cameron he is very strong willed and individualistic and direct. He got fired from apple for purposely fighting with all his employees and being the worlds biggest dick. When you have aggression like that it usually implies Se. He emphasizes simplicity which is an ISTP thing. I can go on if you need me to.

From what I have seen ENTJs aren't really into creating new things. They are more about playing around with existing systems and they have trouble simplifying.

edit: He looks like he could make it as an ISTP assassin to me.

BxeE3Eb.png

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
oh no I believe james cameron. He is Se all the way, most likely an E8. I wrote a sci fi fantasy book and the only author who seems to have a similar style is james cameron.

steve jobs is not an Se assassin. If he is, I will suck your balls. A lesson in Se:

badger055

Permabanned
oh no I believe james cameron. He is Se all the way, most likely an E8. I wrote a sci fi fantasy book and the only author who seems to have a similar style is james cameron.

steve jobs is not an Se assassin. If he is, I will suck your balls. A lesson in Se:

Good that we agree. I just decided that I'm dedicating the rest of my life to making it as a film maker and james cameron is a convenient person for me to look up to.

Yea I guess steve jobs is a bit nerdy for an assassin. But the guy was oozing aggression and I can see myself in him.

Psh that ain't Se. Needs more speed.

giphy.gif

snk-flying.gif

badger055

Permabanned
Anyone want to take a guess on his instinct stacking? I'm thinking sx/so/sp. He bought a farm in new zealand to prepare for the end of the world so I'm seeing some sp but his movies are about social issues.

deleted
Intuitive seems pretty obvious to me, I can really sense a deep intuition in his movies. They seem big picture oriented and especially impressionistic, rather than being about a clear and detailed presentation. I just finished watching Titanic again, the movie totally feels like "general vibe" directing, as though it's purposefully emphasizing an overall underlying theme rather than trying to come together sensorially as a complete "experience." I mean really watch his movies. He's a great director and I'm sure he has a lot of sensors working on his movies too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... well, if KEIRSEY said it....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fuck Keirsey.

I'll agree to STP for james cameron. His self expression and my own have a lot in common.

Dude, it's uncanny how similar you guys are in your mannerisms. I never made that connection before, but I knew there was someone famous your videos reminded me of.

It's also that piercing eagle eye you talk about in the ENFJ vs ESTP video

It's pretty amusing to me that whenever there is a person considered a visionary in society and popular culture, people almost always assume they must be an intuitive, as if to say that sensors are incapable of being progressive or inventive.

As for Steve Jobs...yes he looked and acted a bit ISTP-ish, but his speech style is Ne all the way. Like an enthusiastic 6 year old, almost.

Last edited:

deleted
Even Kiersey pegged him as ENTJ.

I can definitely see that. He seems very direct and ordered. He just says what he knows instead of "hmm"ing to himself like a perceiver. He thinks and acts socially and well-spoken instead of reacting privately to his own thoughts. He doesn't get mentally stalled in social situations. He's much too natural with people like there's not even a thought otherwise, like he lives and operates (especially best) relying on people. Comparatively he reminds me much more of an INTJ than an ESTP. A visionary who's all about getting things done and the various ways and possibilities of just "how?" Reminds me of a less intense Gordon Ramsay in this regard, someone I was looking at earlier.

Also, I don't pay attention to whose expressions so-and-so looks like when I'm typing MBTI. Seems kind of off-topic.

I mean if you want to look at Cameron's expressions, look at the way he always focuses on people in his workplace and continuously meets them in the eyes for fluid feedback, instead of trying to 'focus' on his own work like everyone's separately appointed.