• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Understanding the functions and what they look like in real life

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It really is frustrating how little people understand what the cog functions look like in real life.
- This bothers me because people do typings with VERY little knowledge on what a functions looks like. It makes you look ignorant and retarded.

"UHHHH i think so and so is an estj because hes bossy"
FUCK YOU! I used to be uninformed about this and still put my opinions out, but it wasn't as bad as alot of people.
I just dont understand, I'm sorry.

My point is that more people need to understand what the functions look like, meaning how ones dom and aux function manifest them selves and play the driving role in ones life.

Once you understand what each of the four functions look like in real life, meaning you have done adequate research and have a good knowledge base, you can start to make more accurate assessments. They won't always be right, but if you have the correct mind set then you will be able to correctly adapt your assessment after receiving necessary constructive criticism.

MBTI is subjective to a fairly large extent, but a lot of it is universal, and some of it is pretty objective I would say.

People who are genuinely interested in this stuff and want to build their knowldge and understanding need to work along with one another, and bounce ideas off one another to ensure that everyone is seeing the same thing.

Thank you and have a nice day. :hi:

Curtis B

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is definitely true. I'm not necessarily the most knowledgeable about the types, but I can usually recognize how they manifest themselves, in people who I am close with. I have accurately predicted a number of my friend's/family member's types, however, this does not make me any more of an expert than the next person; to accurately type someone you have to have spent a lot of time around them and REALLY consider their personality traits, their quirks, HOW they say things, HOW they react to certain questions, answers, etc.

The most evident is typically I vs E but some I's can disguise themselves as E's so even that is not 100%.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
This is definitely true. I'm not necessarily the most knowledgeable about the types, but I can usually recognize how they manifest themselves, in people who I am close with. I have accurately predicted a number of my friend's/family member's types, however, this does not make me any more of an expert than the next person; to accurately type someone you have to have spent a lot of time around them and REALLY consider their personality traits, their quirks, HOW they say things, HOW they react to certain questions, answers, etc.

The most evident is typically I vs E but some I's can disguise themselves as E's so even that is not 100%.

I could not agree more sir. There is a video that I need to find and post on here, its about understanding Se, and also talks about Te and Fe consequently.

After watching this video I was able to confirm a lot of the typings that I had made of people.

AH, here it is. This is great man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV39wObzsng

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
WOoord.

I think discussions would benefit having actual specific examples of the functions involved.