• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cowboy bebop and Lupin the third characters

R

Riva

The reason I typed these two serieses in one thread is because it is said the Bebop was inspired by Lupin the Third.

Spike - ISTP 8w9 sp/sx. Really fascinating character. One of my favorite fictional people ever.
Jet - ISTJ 6w5
Faye - ESTP

Edward - ENFP 7w6
Vicious - INTJ 3w4?
Julia - Hard to tell because she's more of a symbol than a well-developed character. IStJ or ISfP maybe

I agree with you on Faye being idealistic before the encounter with the con-artist. I discussed it in the below quoted post. I like her and feel sorry for her though I don't like the character she pretends to be. She is probably the most well written character in the series and the most complicated.

Anyway I think Spike is a classic 9w8 (which is kind of universally accepted). However I would take into account any valid arguments you have for him being 8w9 though I will probably find it easy to prove you wrong because he just isn't a core 8 and the overwhelming amount of e9 evidence is too hard to ignore.

I actually thought he was a boring character. Nothing much to him except for his moves.

Faye i believe is an estp though on her times of extreme emotions she displays enfp character traits. If i am not overanalysing she is an estp 7w8. If i am overanalysing she was an enfp who became an estp 7w8 as a coping mechanism to deal with her past trauma and the feeling of being awaken in an era where all her loved ones have passed away. If course i could be very very wrong here ;).

Regarding her enneagram type in her present estp self it is a bit confusing because she is extremely aggressive and has a counterphobic 6w7 touch to her. But she is clearly a 7w8. So maybe she is an sx/so?

Jigen is a istj it hurts. However i am unable to type his etype properly. I find it very hard to type the etype of istjs unless one is a e1.

Compare jigen with lupin. Jigen is rather pessimistic and has tert fi always influencing him (fi based value system) although he maintains a rather unemotional poker faced expressions at most times which implies itj (i believe i'd have to elaborate further).

Lupin is a istp 7w8 (especially his original character in the mangas and the series 'a woman named fujiko mine'. Comparing his personality with jigen: he is always positive, easy going, has no fi at all (no apparent value system), always have ulterior motives (tert or inferior Fe) and has animated facial expressions. Of course animated facial expressions when excited is not indicative of any type but his are extremely different from an itj.

I will most likely receive opposition regarding my istp typing for him. I see that most people type him as an entp - without backing them up -. This is probably due to his ridiculously long grand schemes which are stereotypically thought to be ntj>ntp and a few other factors such as his extroverted nature and his Pe based characteristic traits (which is also probably why people believe he is entp>entj).

However his ridiculously long grand schemes are actually quite ridiculous and unrealisitc (believe me even entps or probably entjs aren't that clever and if so al of them would be millionaires overnight) and his extroversion is due to him being a 7w8 which is known to be the most extroverted type. And yes istp 7w8s do exist.

In defense of his entp typers his character changed from season to season and i am typing him based on his original character traits and his depiction in the series 'a woman named fujiko mine' which is a much darker character who clearly uses Se based persuasive tactics than Ne based idea bouncing off the wall. In some of the seasons he is a much mellow, less manipulative/persuasive character who is a goofball which would imply that he is not entirely istp 7w8 at all times.

Spike Spiegel - ISTP 9w8
Jet Black - ISTJ 6w5
Faye Valentine - very much ESTP 7w8
Edward - ENTP 7w6
Vicious - INTJ 8w9
Julia - seems ISFP

Spike and Jet provide a good STP/STJ contrast.

Agreed.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway I think Spike is a classic 9w8 (which is kind of universally accepted). However I would take into account any valid arguments you have for him being 8w9 though I will probably find it easy to prove you wrong because he just isn't a core 8 and the overwhelming amount of e9 evidence is too hard to ignore.

Never mind; I just did some research on 8w9s and 9w8s and realized I'd formed some misconceptions about them. I think many of the e9 descriptions I've read overemphasize the w1 and Feeling traits (goody-goody, dreamy, conflict-avoidant, somewhat timid), and that I've been mistyping lots of 9w8 Thinkers as 8w9s because of that. You're probably right that Spike is a core 9. The more I look closely at his lifestyle and philosophy the more I see it.

badger055

Permabanned
I would agree that lupin guy looks istp 7w8. He sounds just like me right down to feigning incompetence and having a fun loving facade.

I think you guys are getting smarter. Just a little while ago I don't think you guys knew istp 7w8s existed.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would agree that lupin guy looks istp 7w8. He sounds just like me right down to feigning incompetence and having a fun loving facade.

I think you guys are getting smarter. Just a little while ago I don't think you guys knew istp 7w8s existed.

Oh, they exist. You just don't seem like one of them. :D