• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dark Knight

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
i don't know why you guys are calling batman a T.

i saw dozens of examples of blatant Fi, and barely any examples of Te. he totally has an INFP world view. definitely not a T world view..

he is consciously concerned with value judgments at all times. it takes other people to point out the truth to him.

Te can demonstrate a strong sense of justice- what you are talking about, I believe, is more so an iNtuitive thing.. not entirely concerned with reality and idealistic.
I agree he has Fi but it is a teritary Fi.

redacted

Te can demonstrate a strong sense of justice

Te can demonstrate Fi's justice. but Te by itself doesn't care.

- what you are talking about, I believe, is more so an iNtuitive thing.. not entirely concerned with reality and idealistic.

i disagree. NFJs are quite realistic about their morals -- they're great at explaining situations and painting a picture of the moral environment.

Fi goes a step further than Fe. it doesn't trust the external world for moral judgments -- it works them out for itself.

i know you agree that he's an Fi user. i just wanted to point out that intuition does not necessarily mean your moral judgments aren't realistic.

and it seems clear to me that Fi reigns supreme in batman's persona... he's not concerned with a clear vision like a Pi dom would be. he's concerned with what's RIGHT and what's WRONG.

extroverted perceiving makes more sense in his personality -- he doesn't filter information to further his vision -- he takes in all he can see and decides if it's right or wrong.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, people just don't want to believe that an NF can have a vigilante mode. If that's so, my actions in grade 8 would indicate that I can't be an NF.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't see it all, but I saw enough.

Joker = ENTJ.

I'm an E, and I hate society.

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
his makes me think he's a P.

"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just *do* things. I'm a wrench in the gears. I *hate* plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I am not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are." -The Joker!

redacted

"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just *do* things. I'm a wrench in the gears. I *hate* plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I am not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are." -The Joker!

"i'm a dog chasing cars. i wouldn't know what to do if i caught one." -- best line of the movie

yeah he's a very blatant ENTP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
So his plan is to avoid planning *events* only.
To not have a plan, is to not use T.

Let's broaden our scope please. Binoculars guys, not microscopes.

redacted

So his plan is to avoid planning *events* only.
To not have a plan, is to not use T.

Let's broaden our scope please. Binoculars guys, not microscopes.

well if you want to get all nitpicky...

he uses plenty of T. just not Te.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL. Nitpicky...

Well, if he uses T, then he has plans, hate them or not. So the entire monologue there doesn't apply.

I require different proof of ENTP. Perhaps seeing the movie might help, but for now, convince me.

(plus i want a preview anyway)

redacted

i disagree with your claim that using T automatically means you have plans. he ACTS with Ne -- which is environment oriented, not goal oriented. and Ne is unconscious by definition. Ti is following along trying to define things and such.

bah, any complex behavior is gonna take N, T, F, and S anyway.

i don't know how i can convince you he's ENTP without you watching.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
So because I didn't read every page, I must not know what a book is about right?

redacted

the thing is, i know you, and i know you'd see ENTP in one second if you saw the movie.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe I would.

Dana, I recommend you remove the N and P digits from your type tag.

redacted

[youtube=MLL0W-5cA5c]pencil trick[/youtube]
[youtube=xOEvVY67Dmg]party scene[/youtube]

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, we have to take into account, are we considering Bale's take on batman or are we still with clooney, or Val Kilmer, or Keaton, or are we looking at the comics.

I will discuss it from the aspect of the Dark Night and Batman Begins, because it is the same actor with the same take on the character, and that is what just came out.

Everyone would aree that Batman, and Bruce are both definitely Introverts.

His Intuition is clearly there, yet he is pretty damn observent of what is going on around him, so S and N in I am not sure on, but they would have to be secondary and tertiary well developed functions, because of how equal they are and how he uses both. Think of how he is always observing the enviornment for danger, yet is always scheming how to get advantage of the situation.

I don't know how to explain this in any way whatsoever, but Bale had Batman ride the F train the whole way through both movies. He seems so irrational in his choices, like deciding to kill his parents murderer at the beginning of the movie, and then just deciding to leave after he can't kill falcony. I personally would say Fi, more than anything on this guy, because he doesn't seem to get his moral compass from anyone, he just has it, and yet he really does really on it for his whims, a T doesn't just decide to hop on a ship and stowaway and other irrational actions on the feelings of a moment.

The P and J delimma, hmm... I am not sure, but does seem very organized, and does not like leaving things to chance and does get frustrated when his shit doesn't work to plan, like hmmm beating the shit out of joker in that one scene (I am not going to ruin the movie so I will shut up). J wins here.

He just doesn't seem like an IxFJ to me. I don't know...

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh, yeah, Joker is a drama queen, I love how he changes the story of his scars every time, to emote something in people.