• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dark Knight

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Even though I havn't seen the movie I agree with the joker being an ENTP or ENTJ. He sees the world as his personal playground to wreak havoc in. Thats how a good friend ENTX I know sees things as well -he lives to play. The Joker takes this to psychotic extremes.

But I havn't seen the movie so skip this post...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
he wouldn't kill batman because he's " too much fun "
as a child, his father said he needs a smile on his face " why so serious ? "
he did tell how he got his scars two different ways

i see that as inferior Si
and Ne is playful, and he is very playful/detached
ENTP can work
its the same paradox as INFJ's being extroverted

hates plans, but is good a managing variables-a genius in this regard
i was considering Te because of this-but it could be the NeTi tandem
hmm

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Over ruled
You're an ENFP : the poster child for picket-pirates everywhere
Lol!!!

strike_nov_13_019.jpg

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Introverts are usually the ones with the hatred for society because they don't fit in as well.

If anything, I would say that fits intuitives more than introverts- more ISXX types fit in well with society than ENXX types.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't imagine an INTP walking into a mob meetup with the brass balls to fuck with them all just to make a sort of "business relationship" with them. Total ENTP IMO.

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
He just seems too theatrical and attention seeking to be an I. Also he seemed to deject rules and order too much for a J, I honestly see no Te in him, plus I've noticed J's like to set up rules and control people where the Joker just enjoys upsetting the established order and playing games. And I think his intricate and meticulous planning is more of his N than J. I've got a pretty high P score and I can be pretty pretty meticulous at times.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
he wouldn't kill batman because he's " too much fun "
as a child, his father said he needs a smile on his face " why so serious ? "
he did tell how he got his scars two different ways

i see that as inferior Si
and Ne is playful, and he is very playful/detached
ENTP can work
its the same paradox as INFJ's being extroverted

hates plans, but is good a managing variables-a genius in this regard
i was considering Te because of this-but it could be the NeTi tandem
hmm
AvereX you put thought into typing people similar to heart and Toonia. What type do you imagine I am?

It's not possible to accurately type Joker because he's psychotic. Definitely N, likely T but the other two are not easy to determine. Loved the nurse uniform though. Made the theater lol. ;)

Didums

He just seems too theatrical and attention seeking to be an I. Also he seemed to deject rules and order too much for a J, I honestly see no Te in him, plus I've noticed J's like to set up rules and control people where the Joker just enjoys upsetting the established order and playing games. And I think his intricate and meticulous planning is more of his N than J. I've got a pretty high P score and I can be pretty pretty meticulous at times.

Yea, what was confusing me was the order of the cognitive processes in ENTP. The Joker breaks the rule, Si comes 3rd and Fe comes 4th I think, instead of the other way around. That would explain why he is void of the feelings of others and why he can manage to organize such amazing plans.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Haha yes!!
I'm seeing "The Dark Night" tomorrow!!!
I'll see if the Joker makes it on my list of awesome ENTP's- from watching the trailers, I don't think any other type is possible for the Joker- unlike Nicholson's ESTP joker.

redacted

batman's character is INFP. Fi dom for sure.

the movies are all about what's "right", etc.

and joker is definitely ENTP.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
batman's character is INFP. Fi dom for sure.

the movies are all about what's "right", etc.

Well, supposing Batman is an F(which I won't outright deny) I still think he seems more like an INFJ than an INFP. Also, don't make the mistake of assuming that the protagonist's personality is a reflection of what the movie is about.

redacted

Well, supposing Batman is an F(which I won't outright deny) I still think he seems more like an INFJ than an INFP. Also, don't make the mistake of assuming that the protagonist's personality is a reflection of what the movie is about.

i guess i'm more talking about how he always seems to be focused on the morality of his actions, etc...

his feeling seems quite introverted to me, as he has an idealized value set that he applies in non-obvious ways to the actual environment. definitely not focused on the feeling sentiments around him.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Batman's an IxxJ with matched T-F and N-S.

I think it's obvious that Batman's a natural Introvert.

The reason I say he's J is because he's very committed to closure and he's unbelievably disciplined... if he sees loose ends, he'll analyze the shit out of them and then tighten and knot 'em up.

I can't see him as straight S or straight N, because while he's a detective (that's his primary description... crime-fighting detective... not quite the typical 'superhero') and must pay exceedingly close attention to details and sensory input, he also relies heavily on his intuition and ability to think out of the box, to track down criminals and get himself out of tight fixes. If Batman weren't completely in control of his N, he would never have been able to defeat Superman.

T-F follows from the fact that he's a detective and he's often joked about as the brains of the Justice League, one of the smartest superheroes around, logically breaking down the world, people, and situations that need to be dealt with methodically. But he's also extremely passionate and driven by his emotion, his sense that the world is cruelly unjust. But it's not the abstracted NT sympathy... I believe Batman truly empathizes with other people. And no, I'm not saying Feelers can't be very smart people, but I think he's particularly T in his way of approaching the problems he regularly deals with in his work. Not to mention his ridiculous ability to utilize technology, which requires very strong T.

Batman's no-kill policy (which has rarely, if ever, been broken, and usually because it was absolutely unavoidable) provides a very interesting point of departure for MBTI and other personality classification attempts.

If I had to choose a single type, though, I'd go for INTJ.

N.B. I'm obviously referring to Batman across his comic-book history with only secondary reliance on the films, though I think the Burton and Nolan flicks do a good job of capturing the darkness of his character.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
We go back to my point about how crazy he is. He's so far removed from normal behavior that it makes him very hard to type.

When watching the Dark Knight, I quickly typed the Joker as an (NTP.) Whether he is extroverted or introverted, in my opinion, doesn't relate his to sanity. One has difficulty typing that dominate preference the same way one would with any stranger. His (NTP) behavior, however, is quite apparent in his colorful guile. Anyway, to me, the Joker seemed very cognitively stable and astute; he just had a very antisocial philosophy. He seems very conscious of what is considered "right" and "wrong," but chooses to disregard those values out of a self-righteous desire to "teach others a lesson" by means of extreme manipulation and violence. Perhaps this behavior comes from a severely underdeveloped (Fe.)

Of course, all this is based on very limited understanding of psychosis and absolutely no background info on the Joker prior to watching this film. It's all just hunches and perceptions.
On top of that, I probably just have a really poor understanding of cognitive function.

Quick question: Do feelers ever become so unhealthy that they are willing to hurt people in pursuit of an ideal. Do we ever adopt a violent "it's for your own good" mentality?

:violin:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I finally saw the movie yesterday!
Here's what I think.

Bruce Wayne/Batman - INTJ
Harvey Dent - ENFJ
The Joker - ENTP
James Gordon - INFJ
Rachel Dawes - ESFJ
Alfred Pennyworth - ISFJ
Lucious Fox - INTJ

As for the actors and actresses I know well..
Heath Ledger: INFP
Morgan Freeman: ENFJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally saw the movie yesterday!
Here's what I think.

Bruce Wayne/Batman - INTJ
Harvey Dent - ENFJ
The Joker - ENTP
James Gordon - INFJ
Rachel Dawes - ESFJ
Alfred Pennyworth - ISFJ
Lucious Fox - INTJ

As for the actors and actresses I know well..
Heath Ledger: INFP
Morgan Freeman: ENFJ

Score

redacted

i don't know why you guys are calling batman a T.

i saw dozens of examples of blatant Fi, and barely any examples of Te. he totally has an INFP world view. definitely not a T world view..

he is consciously concerned with value judgments at all times. it takes other people to point out the truth to him.