• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Columbo and Magnum, P.I. types

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just something I've been pondering today. what do you feel the types of these two tv detectives are?

I'd say Magnum is probably STP and Lt. Columbo is definitely an NT

Feel free to type any other fictional detectives you may want to throw in the mix.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think (book) Nero Wolfe is an INTJ.

I love Columbo, but I don't know his type. Though I have kind of a thing for the squishier INTPs so he could be that.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Magnum is ESTP and Colombo may be ISFP (1000% IP)

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Other detective :
Hercule Poirot : ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp
Hasting : ESTP 6w7 Sp/So
Miss Marple : ISFJ
Murdoc : ENTP
Castle : ENTP 3w2 So/Sx
MacGyver : ISTP
Jessica Fletcher : ESTJ
Inspector Gadget : ENTP

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, I'd definitely say Magnum is an INFP 2w3 and Colombo an ESTJ 4w5

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and Inspector Clouseau most definitely ESTP

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Other detective :
Hercule Poirot : ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp
Hasting : ESTP 6w7 Sp/So
Miss Marple : ISFJ
Murdoc : ENTP
Castle : ENTP 3w2 So/Sx
MacGyver : ISTP
Jessica Fletcher : ESTJ
Inspector Gadget : ENTP

Hercule Poirot is an INFJ.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inspector Gadget is an ENTP. 7w6. And insane.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree with ENTP for Colombo.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see lol - Was that iPhone always there?

latest

scorpiomover

I know, this thread is three years old, but I don't care. I thought this was interesting. According to Funky MBTI in Fiction, Columbo is an ENTP, but I thought he was an INTP.
If anybody else happens upon this thread and sees my post here - What do you think?

Funky MBTI in Fiction * Columbo [ENTP]

Ne: Columbo can visit a crime...
Columbo looks like he slept in his clothes. He never seems to go out for a few beers with the guys after work. But you can bet that if he hasn't solved a murder, it will keep him up at night, even to the wee hours of the morning. He's more interested in solving his puzzles, than spending time with most people and what people in general think of him.

Clearly an introvert.

Carlyman

Columbo. ESTP.
Is easy going. Friendly he can make conversation with everyone making them feel comfortable and setting them at ease. He is instantly a likeable character. He prefers to be comfortable in his clothes and has his own style not caring much about what other's think. He trusts his gut but his instincts which are based on experience and a fantastic ability to notice details in the real world. He sees quickly what is out of place. He can read body language and other nuances in character. He is a straight shooter but super clever. Foxy at times. He is super absorbed in the challenge. His memory is fantastic despite the ploy of asking questions as if he forgot something. He is extremely logical. He is not often judgmental of the criminals. He rarely has any feelings towards the people he is interogating. He does find them interesting. Organization is not typical. He is organized in a less structured way and is very flexible. He uses a lot of tactics and less strategy. So he adapts and improvises along the way.
He does a lot of thinking out loud and relies on interaction a lot to test his ideas. If he ends up going away and thinking something is not making sense he does not solve it in his head, he comes back and probes. Plus he is a doer.
He is definitely a ESTP

- - - Updated - - -

Columbo. ESTP.
Is easy going. Friendly he can make conversation with everyone making them feel comfortable and setting them at ease. He is instantly a likeable character. He prefers to be comfortable in his clothes and has his own style not caring much about what other's think. He trusts his gut but his instincts which are based on experience and a fantastic ability to notice details in the real world. He sees quickly what is out of place. He can read body language and other nuances in character. He is a straight shooter but super clever. Foxy at times. He is super absorbed in the challenge. His memory is fantastic despite the ploy of asking questions as if he forgot something. He is extremely logical. He is not often judgmental of the criminals. He rarely has any feelings towards the people he is interogating. He does find them interesting. Organization is not typical. He is organized in a less structured way and is very flexible. He uses a lot of tactics and less strategy. So he adapts and improvises along the way.
He does a lot of thinking out loud and relies on interaction a lot to test his ideas. If he ends up going away and thinking something is not making sense he does not solve it in his head, he comes back and probes. Plus he is a doer.
He is definitely a ESTP