• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
That sounds right. The backup personality is stereotypical ESFJ.

INTP, perhaps? It's awfully nonchalant about 7.5 million years.

Maybe INTJ, he seems too sure of himself.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm not sure Arthur is ISTJ. There are elements of this.. but he has this playfulness about him, at times, and this obsession with the big picture. Like he might just be a very unhealthy different type. Not sure which one though.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not sure Arthur is ISTJ. There are elements of this.. but he has this playfulness about him, at times, and this obsession with the big picture. Like he might just be a very unhealthy different type. Not sure which one though.

Are thinking more Ti Ne Si, than Si Te Fi?

I think sometimes Tertiary Si stands out in some INTP characters and gives the impression of ISTJ. I've seen the same typing duality with George Costanza.

But saying that, Arthur is possibly INTJ, especially as portrayed in the TV Show.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Maybe INTJ, he seems too sure of himself.
True, though Deep Thought did double-check the Answer. Of course, the movie's cartoon-watching throws a giant monkey wrench into all this.

Obsession? My memory is of an oft-muted intuition, complete with the superstitions (Thursdays) that some SJs establish in the place of worldviews. Interesting, though. I'll review.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
True, though Deep Thought did double-check the Answer. Of course, the movie's cartoon-watching throws a giant monkey wrench into all this.

Obsession? My memory is of an oft-muted intuition, complete with the superstitions (Thursdays) that some SJs establish in the place of worldviews. Interesting, though. I'll review.

In the later books.. when he wants to know "what's really going on" very often, and keeps trying to solve "everything". So long and thanks for all the fish...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In the later books.. when he wants to know "what's really going on" very often, and keeps trying to solve "everything". So long and thanks for all the fish...
Oh, okay. I bowed out right after Arthur was called a kneebiter unduly twice. I read what I believe was Neil Gaiman's critique of Adams' latter books (unless I've confused it with Amazon reviews) and get the sense that Arthur's character changed significantly beyond the trilogy.

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
On a whim (based on the first novel/radio series, less so the movie):

Arthur Dent: ISTJ
Ford Prefect: ESFP
Tricia McMillan/Trillian: INTP
Zaphod Beeblebrox: ESTP
Slartibartfast: ISFP

(Unfortunate) Whale: INFJ
Frankie, Benjy Mouse: INTJ

Yup yup!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Arthur Dent: ISTJ
Ford Prefect: ENTP
Trillian: INTJ
Marvin: INFP :D
Zaphod Beeblebrox: ESTP
Questular Rontok: ESTJ xD
Humma Kavula: ISTJ / ENTP (never can decide on who is the better cult leader :D)
Slartibartfast: ENTP
Deep Thought: INFJ
The Whale: ENFP
Petunia: INTP
Eddie the Computer: ENFP

+ much more from the books. Dont spoil please, I have only read book 1 + 2 so far :D

The Zectorian

MBTI Type
INTP
Giving an ESTP genius level IQ is akin to arming a nuclear warhead and playing hot potato with it, in that both are a lot of fun.

Oh yes, and I am fairly certain Marvin is an INTP, if I was chronically clinically depressed and a genius I would be him.