• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Gotapoint

MBTI Type
infp
Really liked this film. Recommend it to everyone.

Walter's type? Feels like a cross between an INFP and INTJ if that makes sense...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking INFJ, because there was a definite Ni (perhaps an Ni/Ti loop) struggling against Se in that he vividly fantasizes about going on wild adventures until inferior Se breaks him. Ben Stiller might be an INFJ himself, too.

Of course, I didn't really care much for the movie, I posted some thoughts in the "movies I saw" thread.

Nerev

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I am an INFP with some INFJ tendencies.
And when I saw this movie I could relate pretty much to the main character personality.
When talking to someone I like (or I do not like) I often imagine myself telling or doing something considered by "weird" by most of people because it can really be out of the current context. As a result, I often keep it for my inner world, often continuing to imagine things about it. I also have a certain taste for adventure and risky sports (even if it frightens me), for discovering new places and really meet authentic people.
However, I am not sure to be as patient as Walter Mitty to examine photos, particularly those details.
So, all in all, I also think INFJ can be correct.