• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Conan O'Brien

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the thing that takes most people off guard about ENTPs is how simple they are.
Sure, they are zany and in your face, but if we can allude the thread entitled " Same Ice Cream, " most of them like simple flavors like vanilla.

They blow through things with a lighter air than say an Ni dominant.
They are not only led by a perceiving function, but their perceiving function is extroverted.

With aux Ti, alot of leverage is accounted for to solve a problem easily and with less effort.
See Bones from the series ' Bones ' and the Ti description.

ygolo

My termites win
I was looking to see if I could find clips of Conan that we more candid, but he really seems the same everywhere. I think he is naturally funny and charismatic, typical of extroverts.

This is about as "serious" as I saw so far.
[YOUTUBE="Wi4-1d9DB9Q"]Part 1:Stuyvesant high school commencement speech[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="0bLeVKGSJWE"]Part 2:Stuyvesant high school commencement speech[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to 2 minutes into the second video to get to the "serious" part. The life story seems like an NTP arc. The young NT obsession about what "smart people were supposed to do" and the P finding that he "loved the process" of something. It's not an awful lot to go on, however.

Ooh, I just found this, watching it now:
[YOUTUBE="Voq3ngTfWAw"]Charlie Rose Interview[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT after watching:
His lack of separation between his work personality and himself, the constant concern for competence, the happy-go-lucky but hardworking style to his career, the way he works with his writing staff, and the fact that he is unabashed willingness to just try stuff all seems to point to ENTP.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, this source has him as EN*P (which was what my first impression was--ENTP in particular). It would be interesting to compare the real-life Conan with how he is on the show.

I'm not sure I buy that guy's typing of the types of comedy. But it did bring up an interesting point. How come I love the Simpsons, but I cannot, cannot stand Family Guy? :smile:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure I buy that guy's typing of the types of comedy. But it did bring up an interesting point. How come I love the Simpsons, but I cannot, cannot stand Family Guy? :smile:

Because The Simpsons is much more consistently funny.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It be would interesting, because there does seem to be quite a difference...

sade

I always thought he was an ENTP.
It's just a hunch, that something about him.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP

E: Absolutely loves being on stage and performing, his own words

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
ENFP? ENTP? ESFP?

You have the power to decide!

If you guys want to see him in his element (although, I do think he's being himself in his remote sketches), here you go.

Additionally, what do you think Letterman's personality type is?

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I really like Conan. I also like Steve Carell. Johnny Depp... Paul Walker :'(...

I like Shia LaBeouf more so because he reminds me of my ex... and I've run into him twice (once in person and once on the freeway when I was driving the crappiest car possible, lol).

I'm relatively convinced Conan is SCOAI... so it's possible he's an ENFJ in MBTI. He's very sociable, warm and idealistic... as well as strong and disciplined. Tuned into others... he reminds me a bit of my ISFJ friend who uses a lot of Fe... so I could also go with ExFJ for Conan... even though I'm rather leaning toward ENFJ. Likeable, sweet guy, nonetheless.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP. Watch him talk to ISTP Jack White in this extended interview:

[video]http://teamcoco.com/video/serious-jibber-jabber-04-jack-white[/video]

I suppose a Fe dom is a possibility.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
ENTP
It's my favorite Talkshow at the moment, though the Christmas Special was awful.

PrimrosePopinjay

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I originally thought ENTP, but now I'm thinking possibly XNFP. More than likely ENXP, but I get a strange INFP vibe from him sometimes...ONE OF US....ONE OF US....:)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Changed my mind to ENFP. No way he's a T. Andy seems like an ESFP, probably 6w7.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He seems pretty Ne to me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP. He's very romantic & sensitive. Seems very NF & I easily see his as a Fi-er. I've heard arguments for INFP even, but likely an extrovert.