• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there's at least 1 staunch defender of the ESTP theory who's posted in this thread, so ENTP may still be more of a convincing alternative to ENFP.

Why have I not said ENFP? I guess it's because if he was an unhealthy ENFP to the point of displaying his more callous characteristics, I don't think he would be functional enough to accomplish his goals. :shrug:

Honestly, if you look deep enough he could be whatever you want him to be haha. He's not a balanced character, so he's got a little bit of everything. That's why I chose to type based on what he displayed the most. He came up ENTP for me. Am I biased? Honestly, who could say ;)

But seriously, if you're going to go as far as to type him an ExTP, how does it make sense to go with S? I don't see the logic. Like I said earlier, just look at the history. He's a character founded on abstract, chaotic, unpredictable principles. It's a mainstay of almost every version every written/portrayed. But yeah, he's a sensor ;)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

a88.jpg

G

Ginkgo

Honestly, if you look deep enough he could be whatever you want him to be haha. He's not a balanced character, so he's got a little bit of everything. That's why I chose to type based on what he displayed the most. He came up ENTP for me. Am I biased? Honestly, who could say ;)

But seriously, if you're going to go as far as to type him an ExTP, how does it make sense to go with S? I don't see the logic. Like I said earlier, just look at the history. He's a character founded on abstract, chaotic, unpredictable principles. It's a mainstay of almost every version every written/portrayed. But yeah, he's a sensor ;)

Sure. I think SHADOW actually suites him quite nicely for the bolded reason. He is the villain, after all.

/still reading into it

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think the joker somehow resonates with E6's in some way.

Possibly because the character, in the Nolan films, is almost the actualisation of the secret, ( or not so secret), intense insecurity of 6's. That everything is just smoke and mirrors, that it can all just be blown down with one push.

In a way it lets the world see what might be going on in a 6's head, albeit this is physically represented by the destruction The Joker wreaks in the film, internally it is the constant questioning and deconstruction of all that we see. A system is only as strong as people's belief in reinforcing it, they don't really exist, much like moral codes.

But for people who consider this, that's not a problem, it allows one, when healthy at least, to understand where a system ends and humanity begins. The frightening thought is what happens to those who do not normally consider such angles, who are suddenly pushed to do so...for them everything unravels and the world becomes an immaterial realm of madness and uncertainty. For a 6 I find that is a normal state to skate over.

However I am not saying ONLY or even ALL 6's might be this way, just perhaps my projection of myself maybe. Although poor old Harvey Dent didn't do so well once he was ...'pushed'. Then again that kind of push might affect anyone badly.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Possibly because the character, in the Nolan films, is almost the actualisation of the secret, ( or not so secret), intense insecurity of 6's. That everything is just smoke and mirrors, that it can all just be blown down with one push.

In a way it lets the world see what might be going on in a 6's head, albeit this is physically represented by the destruction The Joker wreaks in the film, internally it is the constant questioning and deconstruction of all that we see. A system is only as strong as people's belief in reinforcing it, they don't really exist, much like moral codes.

But for people who consider this, that's not a problem, it allows one, when healthy at least, to understand where a system ends and humanity begins. The frightening thought is what happens to those who do not normally consider such angles, who are suddenly pushed to do so...for them everything unravels and the world becomes an immaterial realm of madness and uncertainty. For a 6 I find that is a normal state to skate over.

However I am not saying ONLY or even ALL 6's might be this way, just perhaps my projection of myself maybe. Although poor old Harvey Dent didn't do so well once he was ...'pushed'. Then again that kind of push might affect anyone badly.

hmm... cool. I'll have to think about the metaphor.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In Socionics, The Joker would be ENTp but Bane would be ESTp....

At least if we're looking at the Christopher Nolan series.

R

Riva

My answer is yes. But I'd probably pull off something more closely related to the movie "saw" or the "Hunger Games."

I haven't watched the sequel of the hunger games if that't what you are referring to, because i didn't notice anything elaborate by anyone in the first.

The plots by the villain in saw (the terminally ill cancer patient) however are elaborate as i recall. Tbh i can't imagine you pulling something like that off because he is definitely not a type who'd say fuck you to your face. P

Shit the rest of the post didn't get saved.

Edti - intuitive doms are the best planners with intjs being in the front. The reason for this is being N doms they have better grasp of their secondary functions. This is becuase they can have a grasp of their secondary functions without any tangible realizations or proofs (which is basically S). Their plans and plots to accomplish these plans need only to be in their heads and they could go without any realizations/proof of accomplishments. They would be a torment for S types and for types with strong feeling functions.

Intjs vs entps the entps have a comparative disadvantage because they are extroverted their tert is fe and they wouldn't be able to go song long without extrverted-feedback and their fe would kick and scream in pain when their extroverted feedback realize that people's opinions aren't positive towards their actions and themselves. The plans of intjs could suffer if their plans or the actions needed to accomplish their plans breach their personal ethics/fi. However since their main extroversion is Te they would way the pros and cons/Te when their extroversion supplies them with feedback. So even if their wife threatens to divorce them regarding a certain action they are about to take they would consider the pros and cons of the repercussions of the actions and the wife divorcing them before deciding to back off ;).

The plots of intjs (not so sure about infjs though theoretically it should be) are sequential with each and every step revealing itself after the realization of the one before. (Yes of ourse they would forgo and cut corners on certain instances in a te manner when needed to.) Entps however ALTHOUGH WOULD HAVE A CLEAR END GOAL would plan and change plans as the situation arises. This method is consistent in all TPs. However they do (as did the joker) have a clear goal and them being N doms doesn't need short term realizations (S based) to stay on track/staying true to the final goal.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I haven't watched the sequel of the hunger games if that't what you are referring to, because i didn't notice anything elaborate by anyone in the first.

The plots by the villain in saw (the terminally ill cancer patient) however are elaborate as i recall. Tbh i can't imagine you pulling something like that off because he is definitely not a type who'd say fuck you to your face. P

Shit the rest of the post didn't get saved.

Edti - intuitive doms are the best planners with intjs being in the front. The reason for this is being N doms they have better grasp of their secondary functions. This is becuase they can have a grasp of their secondary functions without any tangible realizations or proofs (which is basically S). Their plans and plots to accomplish these plans need only to be in their heads and they could go without any realizations/proof of accomplishments. They would be a torment for S types and for types with strong feeling functions.

Intjs vs entps the entps have a comparative disadvantage because they are extroverted their tert is fe and they wouldn't be able to go song long without extrverted-feedback and their fe would kick and scream in pain when their extroverted feedback realize that people's opinions aren't positive towards their actions and themselves. The plans of intjs could suffer if their plans or the actions needed to accomplish their plans breach their personal ethics/fi. However since their main extroversion is Te they would way the pros and cons/Te when their extroversion supplies them with feedback. So even if their wife threatens to divorce them regarding a certain action they are about to take they would consider the pros and cons of the repercussions of the actions and the wife divorcing them before deciding to back off ;).

The plots of intjs (not so sure about infjs though theoretically it should be) are sequential with each and every step revealing itself after the realization of the one before. (Yes of ourse they would forgo and cut corners on certain instances in a te manner when needed to.) Entps however ALTHOUGH WOULD HAVE A CLEAR END GOAL would plan and change plans as the situation arises. This method is consistent in all TPs. However they do (as did the joker) have a clear goal and them being N doms doesn't need short term realizations (S based) to stay on track/staying true to the final goal.

Hmm, you true. perhaps the jiggsaw is entj or istj or something.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are people saying he's Se because of the "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one" speech?

Plenty of Ne doms seem that way too. I would say it's common to being dominant extraverted perceiving. My guess is that he's a 7 (not saying 7s are evil, just that he seems like one), given his motivations. He doesn't want to control or be in charge of anything. He just likes the sport.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Are people saying he's Se because of the "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one" speech?

Plenty of Ne doms seem that way too. I would say it's common to being dominant extraverted perceiving. My guess is that he's a 7 (not saying 7s are evil, just that he seems like one), given his motivations. He doesn't want to control or be in charge of anything. He just likes the sport.

I'm pretty sure that's one of my perennial maxims.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
The Joker in The Dark Knight is the most ENTP ENTP who ever ENTPd. The Joker is an example of someone who took the MBTI test and scored 100% E, 100% N, 100% T and 100% P. So he basically is the most extreme an ENTP can be. Some of the other versions of The Joker may be an S, but this one is N to the Nth. (Consider the scene where he burns the pile of money - he does not care about material things at all. Not to mention all those ranty, idea-filled, Ne-ish speeches he gave.)

But F??? Seriously????? SERIOUSLY???? "Their morals, their code... It's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble." The ENTIRE POINT OF THE MOVIE was that The Joker has no feelings or morals or values at all, and he wanted to prove that everyone else was the same way. He is a psychopath you see. Did you guys even watch the movie? And if you did, what were you smoking when you did? If The Joker is an F, the MBTI is useless because it doesn't work.

I think some of you guys just take the cognitive functions and this "shadow" nonsense way, way, way too literally and seriously, to the point where you end up with types that don't describe the person at all, hence defeating the entire purpose of typing in the first place. The number one question to ask is: What would the person score if he took the test? The Joker would not score as an FJ for Christ's sake. That is absurd and goes against every single thing he said and did.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=20541]Debaser[/MENTION] Hitler was F and MBTI still works.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
[MENTION=20541]Debaser[/MENTION] Hitler was F and MBTI still works.

Sure he was. The difference is that Hitler did have feelings, morals, values, passions, causes, ideals and people he cared about and he made decisions based on them. The fact that they differed from (most of) ours is irrelevant. If Hitler was a T, there would be more cause for concern. This has absolutely nothing to do with The Joker, who is unequivocally a T and is extremely different from Hitler. He just wanted to watch the world burn, whereas Hitler wanted to make the world better in his own twisted way. It makes a lot of sense that they are different types. The point is that there is absolutely no logical reason for The Joker to be an F and plenty of crystal clear logical reasons that he is not, not that you have to be a "good" person to be an F. That's not true and it's not what I said.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
And for what it's worth, The Joker really hates Nazis:

Joker+is+no+Nazi_48740b_4471175.jpg

Attachments

• Joker+is+no+Nazi_48740b_4471175.jpg
    Joker+is+no+Nazi_48740b_4471175.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 108

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Sure he was. The difference is that Hitler did have feelings, morals, values, passions, causes, ideals and people he cared about and he made decisions based on them. The fact that they differed from (most of) ours is irrelevant. If Hitler was a T, there would be more cause for concern. This has absolutely nothing to do with The Joker, who is unequivocally a T and is extremely different from Hitler. It makes a lot of sense that they are different types. The point is that there is absolutely no logical reason for The Joker to be an F and plenty of crystal clear logical reasons that he is not, not that you have to be a "good" person to be an F. That's not true and it's not what I said.

I wouldn't say there are no arguments for the Joker being a F. The Joker's goal is to show people's immorality. That's how I interpret the movie and I think this is based more on internal values than logical reasoning.