• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I also have a tendency to ask girls who like me fucked up questions like, "If I were to pray and ask god if you were the one for me, what would his answer be?" and also ask them blatantly judgemental questions to see if they shrivel up and die. Those who complain are dumped. Those who evade are dumped. And those who tell me to stop asking fucking stupid questions are adored.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey... guys..

I think I saw the Joker in my shadow, too.

That means he must be an ISFJ. I think I'm really getting the hang of this.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
The Joker has one big goal. All he wants to show is "Gotham's true face", that people's morals are "a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble."
"When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other."
It's like a variation of Dürrenmatt's play "The Visit" with the difference that the good in people wins at the end.
Doesn't that sound more like Fi than Ti? I know it says "ENFP" under my avatar, but to me he sounds more like a NF psycho (like Hitler btw).

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Joker has one big goal. All he wants to show is "Gotham's true face", that people's morals are "a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble."
"When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other."
It's like a variation of Dürrenmatt's play "The Visit" with the difference that the good in people wins at the end.
Doesn't that sound more like Fi than Ti? I know it says "ENFP" under my avatar, but to me he sounds more like a NF psycho (like Hitler btw).

I'll take that. He definitely has a twisted idealist view.

All I know is a sensor he is not.

G

Ginkgo

no. I'm talking about the unconscious functions. my understanding of the shadow is a bit off.

As characterized by Lenore Thomson -

Type-Table-650x.jpg

As for my own POV - I think there are too many similarities between -- for instance -- Te and Fe -- for them to be opposite counterparts. Even if -- for instance -- Fi doms hold the greatest distaste for Ti doms -- Ti and Fi are both introverted judging functions. It makes more sense, to me, that a couple of functions like Se and Ti or Ne and Ti would be shadow counterparts since they hold barely any semblance to each other while at the same time both being cognitive functions. But then the line begins to blur because there's no good reason Se would be more of a counterweight to Ti than Ne would be.

Which leads me to believe that a lot of commonly accepted theories about "shadow" pairings regarding typology are more or less hogwash. Or, at least, not as accurate as much as they are convenient for those who are trying to uncover their blindspots.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
He says a lot of "moral" things, but its all a game to him, and he could very well be using morality as just a cheesy reason to play sick games because he's bored.

the joker seems really passive aggressive...

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He says a lot of "moral" things, but its all a game to him, and he could very well be using morality as just a cheesy reason to play sick games because he's bored.

....None of which gives any real reason why he's a sensor. ;)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I can see enfp for the joker specifically. But I think I also see E6 infj as well.

G

Ginkgo

It seems like a lot of the ENTPs I've met make a concerted effort to omit the fact that they probably subscribe to some sort of moral schema. They'd rather defer to what actions are logical, consistent, or even tasteful vs. distasteful.

Maybe morality holds connotations too binding to openly accept.

And if one does feel that way, then it stands to reason that they would turn morality into a personal horror for others.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like a lot of the ENTPs I've met make a concerted effort to omit the fact that they probably subscribe to some sort of moral schema. They'd rather defer to what actions are logical, consistent, or even tasteful vs. distasteful.

Maybe morality holds connotations too binding to openly accept.

And if one does feel that way, then it stands to reason that they would turn morality into a personal horror for others.

The whole "The Joker could be an ENTP" isn't working for this crowd. Just take the first intuitive type they'll concede to and be thankful ;)

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be an INFJ gone horribly wrong. That's my point. ;)

I can definitely see him as an unhealthy INFJ, but it seems more likely he's an ENxP.

Like I said though, as long as he's intuitive, I can dig it.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You caught me ;)

Attachments

• YOUC.jpg
    YOUC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 99
G

Ginkgo

The whole "The Joker could be an ENTP" isn't working for this crowd. Just take the first intuitive type they'll concede to and be thankful ;)

I think there's at least 1 staunch defender of the ESTP theory who's posted in this thread, so ENTP may still be more of a convincing alternative to ENFP.

Why have I not said ENFP? I guess it's because if he was an unhealthy ENFP to the point of displaying his more callous characteristics, I don't think he would be functional enough to accomplish his goals. :shrug: