• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mark Twain

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's news to me that ENFPs are weak in these areas. How did you decide that? You'll find both of them on the suggested jobs list for ENFP.

Most ENFPs on here have writing in their first few interests. Most ENFPs are also very adept at science. And from memory, I saw somewhere that ENFPs were most common in the top intelligence bracket (being one of the more common N types). So why would creative abstract systems thinkers who are interested in writing and science, and in the top intelligence bracket, not be on the lists? I always figured it was the list makers not knowing their types, and thinking writing = 'I', science = 'NT'.

Lots of people still confuse us with ESFPs and think we are primarily performers.

nice post...i'm starting to think people don't have a very clear picture of the type.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I didn't know ENFPs would stuff a load af bees in a friends bed for a joke...seems more an ENTP thing...

You're one of those people that confuse Feeling with having a kind heart. Fi can be full of bad emotions. Evil ones too.

I'm not saying it's the case with Twain, or that this particular prank is reflective of that but I'm just saying.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've been known to pull a prank or two. :D

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
nice post...i'm starting to think people don't have a very clear picture of the type.

It is because Fi shows through way more online. So the association with what ENFPs are like in the real world isn't really made.

I love pranks too. I think ENFPs are probably as unserious as ENTPs. I'm not sure about ENTPs, but I'm into creative stupidity, normally more left field. Andy Kaufman might be the best public example of an ENFP prankster. If people think Kaufman couldn't do the pranks Twain did, then they can use it to claim ENTP.

I think the Fi argument for Twain is probably right. There is that Fi rebel element. Dissecting the social norms, and all that. Also the interest in honesty about self.