• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kennedy Brothers

Gotapoint

MBTI Type
infp
JFK and RFK. What type do you see them as?

JFK: ENFJ?

RFK: INFJ? INTJ?

Recently re-watched Oliver Stone's JFK. What a film.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Not sure about JFK but RFK seems like an INFJ to me. :)

Gotapoint

MBTI Type
infp
I thought JFK was ESFP.

Both brothers certainly seem like NF's to me me but I thought maybe NT would fit for RFK. Jack doesn't give me an SF vibe at all although I must admit I am not a typing genius by any means.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both brothers certainly seem like NF's to me me but I thought maybe NT would fit for RFK. Jack doesn't give me an SF vibe at all although I must admit I am not a typing genius by any means.

neither am I :)

Lightyear

John F Kennedy was a total ESTP (I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on him)

Don't believe the Camelot myth, he was utterly pragmatic, bad in seeing the consequences of his actions (the whole Cuban Missile Crisis standoff might not have happened if he hadn't consistently tried to kill Fidel Castro...) but he was great in a crisis. He was also a Se-whore, he basically slept with everything that couldn't escape in time and a lot of his health issues had to do with him contracting loads of STDs. He was also a morally shady wheeler-dealer, one of his mistresses was at the same time the mistress of a mafia boss and Kennedy used her as a courier, she would fly across the country and exchange envelopes with the mafia. Basically he was not a very nice human being and if he hadn't been killed there would have been no Kennedy myth but just the legacy of a very mediocre presidency. His successor Lyndon B Johnson was just as much of a philanderer but a far better president, pushing through Civil Rights legislation and huge welfare reforms.

Not sure about Robert Kennedy, I think he was a S (both him and JFK would get really annoyed with people who spent loads of time talking instead of actually doing things) but he seemed more quiet and also more idealistic. Maybe an IxFJ?

Gotapoint

MBTI Type
infp
John F Kennedy was a total ESTP (I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on him)

Don't believe the Camelot myth, he was utterly pragmatic, bad in seeing the consequences of his actions (the whole Cuban Missile Crisis standoff might not have happened if he hadn't consistently tried to kill Fidel Castro...) but he was great in a crisis. He was also a Se-whore, he basically slept with everything that couldn't escape in time and a lot of his health issues had to do with him contracting loads of STDs. He was also a morally shady wheeler-dealer, one of his mistresses was at the same time the mistress of a mafia boss and Kennedy used her as a courier, she would fly across the country and exchange envelopes with the mafia. Basically he was not a very nice human being and if he hadn't been killed there would have been no Kennedy myth but just the legacy of a very mediocre presidency. His successor Lyndon B Johnson was just as much of a philanderer but a far better president, pushing through Civil Rights legislation and huge welfare reforms.

Not sure about Robert Kennedy, I think he was a S (both him and JFK would get really annoyed with people who spent loads of time talking instead of actually doing things) but he seemed more quiet and also more idealistic. Maybe an IxFJ?

Interesting. All conspiracy theories aside, I do find it strange that you consider Johnson to be a better president when his preference was obviously to continue a war in Vietnam, that America had no business being involved in, and JFK supposedly was trying to get out of. But you're obviously more educated in the matter than I am. RFK seems to me like he was probably a much better candidate for the presidency than Jack but thats just from the bits that I have read.

There is so much disinformation floating around on this subject it must of been very difficult (and probably very interesting), to write about. Thanks for your input. :)

Lightyear

Interesting. All conspiracy theories aside, I do find it strange that you consider Johnson to be a better president when his preference was obviously to continue a war in Vietnam, that America had no business being involved in, and JFK supposedly was trying to get out of.

Vietnam was LBJ's achilles' heel, he did some amazing things on the domestic front but that will unfortunately always be overshadowed by his foreign policy. And just to compare him and JFK; Johnson was a real visionary who pushed through the "Great Society" legislation to fight poverty (I believe he was an ENTJ and very likely an 8w7) while Kennedy spend a lot of his time as a senator not really doing anything and once he became president (thanks to the help of his very rich and highly ambitious father) he outwardly cultivated the myth of himself as some sort of romantic prince but JFK was actually incredibly pragmatic, he went with the flow while lacking any big vision or real moral convictions.