• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is... gasp... GOD?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Well, in the old testament he (yes he, lots of testosteron) is ESTJ and in the new testament he is suddenly xNFJ. So in fact god's personality depends on the writer(s).

The christian God would, without a doubt, be ENFP. A young 15 year old pubescent ENFP.

He who loves all but meanwhile doesnt mind striking down whole groups of people either and seems to have no reservations about making generalisations

You are the one who is making generalizations.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI isn't a term that applies to God. It is a limitation on finite beings with limited understanding and knowledge.

G

garbage

Well, in the old testament he (yes he, lots of testosteron) is ESTJ and in the new testament he is suddenly xNFJ. So in fact god's personality depends on the writer(s).
I agree.

For Old Testament God, I can't see anything other than ESTJ. When Super-boy punched reality in the New Testament and retconned that version of God, writers started depicting him as ENFJ.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP 4w5 sx/sp

rav3n

So not a thinker. All that guilt, shame and reactionary anger. ESFJ.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good answer but kind of avoiding the question. Let's say it this way - imagine you were to write something and you had to portray God as a person, what person would he most likely be like?
This is equivalent to asking: what type is my personal view of God? My view is highly unlikely to coincide with the complete reality of God (assuming God even exists), any more than the blind man who grabbed the elephant's trunk has the complete idea of the elephant.

If you wish instead to view God as a fictional character, the situation is only slightly different. Take the same well-known character - Robin Hood, for instance - and different writers will portray him in very different ways.

For Old Testament God, I can't see anything other than ESTJ. When Super-boy punched reality in the New Testament and retconned that version of God, writers started depicting him as ENFJ.
OT God is, if anything, ESFJ. There is no logic to his pronouncements, just following arbitrary social standards "because he said so".

G

garbage

(Whether he's T or F has nothing to do with how neurotic the guy is, though. C'mon, people.)
OT God is, if anything, ESFJ. There is no logic to his pronouncements, just following arbitrary social standards "because he said so".
Okay, now I can see him as something other than ESTJ. While he did create the universe as a system that itself follows sets of rules, I could see him as a big ol' F. Most of his concerns are about people rather than the systematic universe; and Fe because many of those concerns involve imparting many rules that are intended to control his clan--and to separate his clan from others.

Lenore argues that "because he said so," though, can also be a Te-dom trait ("King of the Mountain"-style argument). I'll dig up the link and post it here when I find it, because it's an interesting read anyway.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I agree.

God turned from a guy who almost killed the whole life on planet earth just because he didn't like it (Arche Noah) to a guy who loves people so much that he even died for them... through them... and got tortured by them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Old Testament: E?TJ 8w7>2w3>7w8 Sx/So
Jesus: INFJ 1w9>2w1>7w8 So/Sx