• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dita von Teese

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

In watching her videos and listening to her ideas, I think she could be an ISFJ, possibly ESFJ. She has very strong sense of Si, of an internal, timeless, nostalgic, classic, idealized world of sensation and beauty. It has the same quality applied to the concrete world that I feel my Ni has to the abstract. It feels like she has really deep Si that has a large, coherent concept that draws in every detail, but organizes it around a central point. I watched some interviews about her breakup with Marilyn Manson, and she expected him to change and become more responsible which felt like one expression of Fe. She was also asked in another interview what she would do if she wasn't performing Burlesque. She said that she would like to create shows and control every detail. She talks with her hands which also seems Fe-like. She has a lot of softness in her communication, but every aspect of her demeanor is so externally put together, that I think she is a really interesting example of Si-Fe, and one that could expand the assumptions about that type. I do not think she is an iNtuitive, but clearly a Sensor, and she seems strongly Judging in her external world.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone know about her or think she has a different type? She is an interesting person, and I am always curious to hear other viewpoints. :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd never heard of her before, but she was delightful in her interview. ISFJ would be my guess. The way she looks down, being really selective about friends, and her soft demeanor make me think introvert. Sometimes I'm off on E/I though because I'm such a strong extrovert that less strong extroverts can seem introverted to me.

Is there something typology-related that might explain her desire to be someone she's not, dress up, play parts on stage, etc.?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there something typology-related that might explain her desire to be someone she's not, dress up, play parts on stage, etc.?

I don't know if it's typology related but it seems like a lot of ISFJs have a remarkable ability to put a new spin on old things...I guess that's Si-Ne at work? They seem particularly gifted at repurposing objects or crafts.

Then again, I may not know what the hell I'm talking about. :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Old BF pics. :)

Marilyn+Manson+marilynmansonyditavonteese.jpg

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG...look at his hand! Is she just that little or are his hands just that big?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone know about her or think she has a different type? She is an interesting person, and I am always curious to hear other viewpoints. :)
Have you considered INFJ? She is a very imaginative and creative individual. She is not always in touch with the reality, but is all about creating images that don't exist. That speaks of intuition.

I saw her being typed as 4w3 in enneagram which I think is a reasonable typing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you considered INFJ? She is a very imaginative and creative individual. She is not always in touch with the reality, but is all about creating images that don't exist. That speaks of intuition.

I saw her being typed as 4w3 in enneagram which I think is a reasonable typing.
I have considered that and I think a number of people would argue for that. I do think her Si is incredibly strong, and that she has a deep, cohesive, strong inner idea about sensory ideals and experience. There is even that connection to tradition with her recreation of classic sex symbols. I think she is more externally and classically sensual than an INFJ. Consider the contrast between her and Marilyn Manson who is pretty unanimously considered an INFJ, and after studying his work and interviews, I have to agree.

If Dita is an ISFJ she would definitely be a 3w4 or 4w3. Part of the reason I started this thread is because I think the sense of SJs and Si is too limited online. It can be deeply creative and imaginative, I think. She is quite grounded in the things she talks about, and INFJs are way more abstract. If you compare her interviews with MM's you will see a striking difference. She talks about appearance, beauty, and concrete ideas while MM describes having two personalities, some level of philosophy, and questioning assumptions. She doesn't question assumption, but solidifies the traditions, the classic, the ideals that are in place. While her personae is different from most strip-tease artists, it is still based on the concrete. She isn't doing anything radically different, but just more classic than the norm. She solidifies assumptions that are in place rather than questioning these.