• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kung Fu Panda character Types?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
So I saw this movie yesterday, and many of the personalities intrigued me but I could only be sure of one beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Po, the panda is an ENFP.

1. Can't shut the bleep up, ever and invades personal space (E)

2. Totally all up in his head, dreaming about being a kung fu master and saying everything on his mind (N)

3. Very freaking sensitive and works on complimenting others and praising them (F).

4. Hates routine things like working in his dads shop and being bound by something (P).

Now we can debate these, and I don't mind, but I would like to get insight into the other personalities.

Thanks

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Po was obviously the most well-explored character in the movie, but I can take a crack at a few others.

Oogway (sp?): INFP - The Idealist "There are no accidents."
Shifu: INTJ - The Mastermind "I can turn you into the Dragon Warrior! And I will!"
Po's dad: ESFJ ?

That's all I got for now. Good movie. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, 'tis a sad sad day when discussion of MBTI is diminished to an analysis of the personalities of martial-art furries.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, 'tis a sad sad day when discussion of MBTI is diminished to an analysis of the personalities of martial-art furries.

:laugh: No, no, tis a happy day! :)

Ayrab, I think you made a pretty good case for Po, I could see him possibly being an ESFP also, I only saw the movie once and wasn't really looking for this kinda stuff in the characters, so I might have to see it again to get a better idea. But I think he probably is N because he seems to want to train in kung fu for a goal and not just for the joy of the experience.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda- but Po's probably an ENFP or ESFP like all lovable protagonists of children CGI-ish movies, with the exception of ISTP Shrek- bloody yea!

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
@Jenny:
True, and Ian McShane is there too!

back to the topic. Po is no way a S. He's N, which makes him ENFP. The stereotypical hero.

By the way, out of topic, I think the only antagonist is ISTP. What do you think?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
@Jenny:
True, and Ian McShane is there too!

back to the topic. Po is no way a S. He's N, which makes him ENFP. The stereotypical hero.

By the way, out of topic, I think the only antagonist is ISTP. What do you think?

Go on, I would love to hear your reasoning. Personally, I have no clue where to start analyzing on him...

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
In which movie does Jack Black not play an ENFP? That's right I couldn't think of one either. He's one of those actors that basically plays himself in every movie, but it's funny so we go see it anyway.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In which movie does Jack Black not play an ENFP? That's right I couldn't think of one either. He's one of those actors that basically plays himself in every movie, but it's funny so we go see it anyway.

Kung Fu Panda is the first movie I've "seen" him in. Nothing else I've ever seen trailers for with him looked at all worth watching.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Go on, I would love to hear your reasoning. Personally, I have no clue where to start analyzing on him...

About Tai Lung's MBTI?

Okay, here's my analysis about him -- And why I type him as ISTP

He's definitely an introvert -- I don't see him surrounded by many, though. (I)

He never uses analogies, and yet he almost always take the same route. Evidence: Po vs Tai Lung scene. (S)

He would be more sensitive and aware to other's feelings, if he's F (T)

He is nothing but flexible. He never plans (P)

rank

okay, the animals is better than names, imo

panda - ENFP

panda's father - SJ

turtle - INFP

small red panda master - INTJ

big bad snow leopard - ISTJ (ENFP as kid); check star wars..

young tigress - INTP (quite annoyed with panda; unrecognised for her talent)

other animal fighters - ISTP

the movie didn't have too many characters, hm..

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
@rank:
I disagree with your opinion about Tai Lung's MBTI. He's no way a J, he never plans his action. He's just, IMO, ISTP who's about under the great stress and then the shadow persona, ENFJ is began to appear

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Kung Fu Panda is the first movie I've "seen" him in. Nothing else I've ever seen trailers for with him looked at all worth watching.
Orange County is by far his best performance. Written by Mike White iirc.

CurlyRedhead

MBTI Type
INTJ
So I saw this movie yesterday, and many of the personalities intrigued me but I could only be sure of one beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Now we can debate these, and I don't mind, but I would like to get insight into the other personalities.

Thanks
Angry Ayrab :)
So glad you post this!
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't know about Po, but Master Shifu is so an INTJ and that's why he's my favourite character! Maybe Master Tigress is a little bit of INTJ too, but she has a deeper emotional attachement trying to be perfect for his "father".

Po seems to me to be Idealistic, though I have not much knowledge of Non NT types, so I may be wrong.

Anyway, I loved the movie, it made me laugh and made me think about courage to pursuit your life goals. good movie!

P.S.: Oh, and don't care about those bittered people that don't know how to have fun! So glad you started this post!

Last edited:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Oh, I have an answer to this question now, because I saw him in "Tropic Thunder" and his character in that was ESFP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oogway - infj
sifu - intj
po - esfp
dad - esfj
tai lan - istp
shen - entj

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
― Bruce Lee

idk randomly added that quote due to the movie being about kung fu lol

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Po is an obvious ENFP 7w6 or 9w8, possibly his second fix.

Viper- ISFJ

Tigres- ISTJ

Shifu-ISTJ

Krane- INFP

Mantis- ESxP

Tai Lung- Unhealthy IxFP who feels cheated out of his destiny

Monkey- ENFP

Lord Shen- ESTJ

Wolf Boss- ENFP

Soothsayer- INFJ

Mr. Ping- ESFJ