• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad Characters

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Walter - ISTJ
Jesse - ESTP
Skylar - ISFJ
Hank - ESTP
Marie - ESFJ
Walter Jr. - ISFP
Saul - ESTP
Mike - ISTP
Gus - INTJ
Ted - ESTJ
Gale - INTP
Jane - INTP

Which ones do you disagree with and why?

Anyone other characters you've typed?

Last edited:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Walter - INTJ, he is Ni dominant, look at the way he threatened Hank covertly using ambiguous meaning
Jesse - ISTP, He is the most Ji person on the show, he struggles more because of Ji than Walter who can bend things more with Ni, people think he is ESP because of his impulsiveness but IPs can be quite implusive too, this is where I think IPs might differ from the typical introvert descriptions.
Skylar - ENFJ, she's a NJ just like Walter and can smell all his schemes, he can't hide anything from her

Hank - ESTP, agreed but some people type him as a J which is baffling considering he has a easygoing and cavalier attitude most of the time which is typical of ESTPs
Marie - ESFP, she is a unhealthy SeTe ESFP
Walter Jr. - INTP, I'm not really sure but I think this fits
Saul - ENTP, he's the classic ENTP bullshit lawyer type, more Ne than Se
Mike - ESTJ, no way is he any kind of P, he is extremely methodical and organized in his approach
Gus - INTJ, agree
Ted - ESFJ, seems more interpersonally oriented than most ESTJs would be
Gale - INTP, the contrast between him and Walter is interesting even though they only differ on P/J, they are so different, Gale is goofy, quirky, and open while Walter is dry, serious, and expedient, reminds me for the difference between Einstein and Newton.
Andrea - INTP, don't know enough about her

Additional characters.......
Badger - ESFP
Skinny Pete - ISFP
Todd - ISTP
Jane - INTP
Lydia - ISTJ
Tuco - ESTP

Gomez - ISFP
Krazy 8 - ENTJ
Combo - ISTP

Which ones do you disagree with and why?

Anyone other characters you've typed?

I bolded the ones I disagreed with.

S

Stansmith

Anyone else noticed how Walt seems like an ISxJ when he's healthier or with his family? He even talks about boring old people stuff at all those family get-togethers.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone else noticed how Walt seems like an ISxJ when he's healthier or with his family? He even talks about boring old people stuff at all those family get-togethers.

Yeah he's a classic ISTJ family man/provider who's gone off the rails in a desperate attempt to take care of his family. His high IQ makes him more interesting than the average ISTJ. Reminds me of Bill Belichick in that way.

Under stress his Ne inferior comes out, and combined with his Te, drives him to ruthless extremes. The writers and actors do a great job of portraying complex characters who's behavior changes in interesting ways according to the extreme circumstances.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have time right now to go into depth about an explanation of each character I typed, but I'll start on it one at a time.

Mike - ISTP

"Mike - ESTJ, no way is he any kind of P, he is extremely methodical and organized in his approach" - Robopop

Organized in approach doesn't mean J, the same way disorganized doesn't mean P (ex. INFJ, INTJ can be quite disorganized). Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant are all ISTP, but they seem quite organized in their approach to me.

They lead with a judging process - and a very precise one at that (Ti)

Mike is a classic ISTP loner badass type, along the lines of most of Clint Eastwood's characters, 007 and Ryan Gosling's character in Drive.

They're calculating, precise and have a high degree of accuracy in the physical world.

If you've ever seen the documentary 'Buck', he's a great example of an ISTP.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Jesse - ISTP, He is the most Ji person on the show, he struggles more because of Ji than Walter who can bend things more with Ni, people think he is ESP because of his impulsiveness but IPs can be quite implusive too, this is where I think IPs might differ from the typical introvert descriptions." - Robopop

I'm not sure what you mean by Ji, but I'm assuming it's introverted thinking. I disagree that he's the most Ti character on the show. I would put Gale, Jane, Mike, Hank and Saul ahead of him in that department. He gets into trouble because of a lack of thinking - especially earlier in the show. One of the more interesting character developments is Jesse's evolving Ti.

Hank is a good example of an ESTP with a very strong Ti. Healthier, more secure people will generally have better developed auxiliary functions, whereas less mature and secure people will tend to lean more into their tertiary. Jesse, especially in the beginning of the show, tends to stay in his preferred realm (extraversion) and shows more of his dramatic Fe side without much internal reflection. Circumstances, such as having to learn to be a legit meth cook and having to get out of difficult situations, force him to develop his Ti.