• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

US Presidents - A comprehesive collection?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Jung is an INxJ if I ever saw one. I've been studying him for my thesis and it's Ni all the way. In his life, in his theories...the man did his PhD. dissertation on the supernatural, on how his niece functioned as a medium...he was convinced there was meaning in the dreams he had as a toddler. He's constantly torn between his desire to be scientific and the realisation that what he does is in essence not. He is not a logical being to the core the way INTPs are at all. His disregard for scientific logic has got him relegated to the furthest reaches of credibility these days. He's branded a mystic rather than a scientist.

I recognise a lot of my own thought processes in his and I cannot see a "normal" INFJ in him for the life of me...he's too overtly selfish for it, too self-absorbed, so my guess would be INTJ.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
One ex-president that is often mistyped as an Idealist is Bill Clinton- he is NOT an ENFP!! ESFP fits him perfectly- ENTP fits him better than ENFP, haha.

Totally.

I think people forget that Keirsey's theory is different from MBTI, since he throws out all the cognitive functions and introduces a kind of "personality archetype" for each of the types. People who try to pin Clinton as an ENFP are making some argument based on dominant Ne, but really, he doesn't fit Keirsey's "ENFP Champion" role-variant at all. We was much more of a stereotypical performer (ESFP).

Oh -- and I agree that Lincoln was an INTP. IMO, NT is pretty clear from reading a biography on him.

Jung I agree was some kind of INJ. I've heard he self-typed as an Introverted Thinker, but I don't know how accurate that claim is. His theories are Ni all over the place.

I'm often initially skeptical of some of Keirsey's typings of famous people, like, for instance, Jean-Jacques Rousseau as an ISFP and Thomas Hobbes as an SJ. But after doing research on my own and keeping in mind that Keirsey's theory is different from the Myers-Briggs typology, I usually come to agree with him.

heart

heart on fire
I recognise a lot of my own thought processes in his and I cannot see a "normal" INFJ in him for the life of me...he's too overtly selfish for it, too self-absorbed, so my guess would be INTJ.

If you think Jung is selfish, then you don't understand him. He is not selfish, he is an internal judger. The Undiscovered Self clearly marks Jung as being P and not J.