• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bill O'Reilly

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd say ENTJ.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
While I don't agree with his rationale most of the time, he does seem to project a progressive mentality that labors to extrapolate beyond the limitations of baseline Republican philosophy.
That is to say, he isn't a traditionalist simply for traditionalist sake...

See his notions on nationalized health care (flagrant attack on an already-strapped hospital system); civil unions; abortion...etc.

He adapts from an existing ideology to arrive at a hybrid, intimately-defended concept.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think there are many successful pundits that are sensors. He's probably an ENTJ.

heart

heart on fire
I say he is S, but whichever one he is, likely John Adams was too, I am thinking.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say he is S, but whichever one he is, likely John Adams was too, I am thinking.

ESTJ is the closest I'd come without reading bios of him.

Not an N, tho.
(Jon Stewart's an N, as counterpoint.)
Reilly would see "N stuff" as complete fluff, "head in the clouds," etc., and otherwise mock it. No kidding.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say his type is IDIOT. :D

Nah, definitely not an idiot. Quite a smart guy, and obviously quite effective at finding his niche.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
How about Mike Hannity? Not to derail, but I think it would be interesting to type all the republican TV guys. I've only seen that guys show like once (the video where he "debates" with KRS-One), so maybe I'm wrong in calling him a republican.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Mike? I only know a Sean. What's his schtick?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because most of the people here are Ns and hate him, thus, he's an S.

That's such an illogical thing to say.
Maybe he's an S because he actually acts like one?

(And maybe there's nothing wrong with being S? Maybe it's not an insult? So people don't have to keep insinuating people only S/N others out of inherent bias? Because no insults are being levied?)

Frankly, he comes across as a hardcore realist and not prone to flights of fancy. And that Ne tertiary? He shows some of that too, in how he approaches other people's motivations or his interpretation of a particular scenario -- unfairly suspicious, often reading in the worst motivations if they're doing/approaching things not in the way he would, and coming up with just really odd projections.

Honestly, I'd dislike the man whether he was N or S.
He treats people in ways I personally find offensive, and on more than one level.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
That's such an illogical thing to say.

Yeah, that was the point...

Maybe he's an S because he actually acts like one?
(And maybe there's nothing wrong with being S? Maybe it's not an insult? So people don't have to keep insinuating people only S/N others out of inherent bias? Because no insults are being levied?)

I sensed the emotional tones of S/N bias. My Fi out-ranks your Ti :alttongue:

btw, people do s/n others out of inherent bias [I suspect Ns more than Ss as they're a minority (exacerbated tribal instinct?) and of course, it's easy to scorn a threatening inferior (as in underdeveloped) function]. Once thought kicks in, people usually snap out of it, but the residue is still there. IOW, don't deny it just because you're annoyed by its over-use.

Bill O'Reilly is a hard dude to judge, as he doesn't seem... healthy (I'm not sure what word to use here). He's described feeling burdened at having to come to his program with a sense of outrage every night, and in general his tone in personal interviews is bitter with a dash of paranoia. The Bill O'Reilly you see may just be a persona, and not representative of who he really is. Who knows? He may be a mild-mannered INFP gone shadow crazy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sensed the emotional tones of S/N bias. My Fi out-ranks your Ti :alttongue:

Yeah, it's kind of hard to beat a function that determines its own rules. :rofl1:

btw, people do s/n others out of inherent bias [I suspect Ns more than Ss as they're a minority (exacerbated tribal instinct?) and of course, it's easy to scorn a threatening inferior (as in underdeveloped) function]. Once thought kicks in, people usually snap out of it, but the residue is still there. IOW, don't deny it just because you're annoyed by its over-use.

That wasn't actually my point.

If you're going to go there, we're ALL biased.

The question here is, is the bias a major player in the evaluation? And are we aware of the bias? I don't think it was the major player in people's comments (well, at least not MINE), so your undermining of a particular opinion just because a bias exists seems a bit slippery to me.

Bill O'Reilly is a hard dude to judge, as he doesn't seem... healthy (I'm not sure what word to use here). He's described feeling burdened at having to come to his program with a sense of outrage every night, and in general his tone in personal interviews is bitter with a dash of paranoia. The Bill O'Reilly you see may just be a persona, and not representative of who he really is. Who knows? He may be a mild-mannered INFP gone shadow crazy.

Again, you're arguing Ne possibilities.
I'm arguing probabilities.
I think it's always possible for Bill to be an INFP with a shadow-side... but I think it highly highly improbable.

However, I do really agree about the "unhealthy" bit on some level. In some ways, being unhealthy can really skew the reading. He also has hidden agendas tied into his behavior.

(Then again, people tend to be unhealthy in ways that are appropriate for their type, and sometimes it can make a read EASIER... and healthy people who are more well-rounded and integrated are harder to tease out predominate function use.)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't watch his show, but based on the clips I've seen I'd say O'Reilly is ENTJ. I don't think the partisan hack type pundits believe half of the things they say. That N is there to come up with new arguments to manipulate the masses. Plus he does angry so well that I think he's ENTJ rather than ESTJ.