• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bill O'Reilly

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I'd say his type is IDIOT. :D
That sounds about right. I am surprised that no one has thrown EFJ into the mix. He sees quite forceful and opinionated in value based discussions. I can stomach him for oh.... 10 minutes, then I have to change channels. Kind of like Sean Hannity.

BTW, I find it interesting that regardless of preference no one wants to be MBTI associated with him.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
BTW, I find it interesting that regardless of preference no one wants to be MBTI associated with him.

I would have no problem with it if I were, I just don't think I am. :)

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I don't watch his show, but based on the clips I've seen I'd say O'Reilly is ENTJ. I don't think the partisan hack type pundits believe half of the things they say. That N is there to come up with new arguments to manipulate the masses. Plus he does angry so well that I think he's ENTJ rather than ESTJ.

I think this is the best reasoning on this thread. I think he is an ENTJ that acts as an ESTJ Ultra Right Wing Republican to stir up the masses and get ratings. Remember, his 60 minute show is merely his public persona. I believe in this private persona he is equally TJ, but he could be an N. No question.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
That sounds about right. I am surprised that no one has thrown EFJ into the mix. He sees quite forceful and opinionated in value based discussions. I can stomach him for oh.... 10 minutes, then I have to change channels. Kind of like Sean Hannity.

He's too arrogant and argumentative to be an EFJ.
Most Fe-types I know hate arguing with others- up to the point- that they are more annoying than ETJ's, in my opinion.
Thankfully, I don't think he's an INTP.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Bill O' Reilly rhymes with cocksucker. See?

Oh, and my vote is ESTJ with massively underdeveloped feeling. By underdeveloped feeling I mean he's completely oblivious to the feelings and needs of others... all he cares about is his vision of the world and how he can impose belief in it on others.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nice.

Not only synonyms in Phonetic logic either...

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think this is the best reasoning on this thread. I think he is an ENTJ that acts as an ESTJ Ultra Right Wing Republican to stir up the masses and get ratings. Remember, his 60 minute show is merely his public persona. I believe in this private persona he is equally TJ, but he could be an N. No question.

I don't think this has any basis in fact (please don't take that personally)... his private persona has been seen in candid shots of him flipping out at FOX News crew members for little things... just flipping out...

Also, I think that because he has a massive superiority complex and feels embattled by people who don't accept his way of looking at things, he reacts very badly and exhibits all the signs of an ESTJ struggling to communicate... it comes out as anger... because he's a professional (dick), he's able to channel that rage into various well-honed rants... he strikes me as the worst kind of S (there are obviously many good kinds), which is ultra-literal and myopic.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I don't think this has any basis in fact (please don't take that personally)... his private persona has been seen in candid shots of him flipping out at FOX News crew members for little things... just flipping out...

Also, I think that because he has a massive superiority complex and feels embattled by people who don't accept his way of looking at things, he reacts very badly and exhibits all the signs of an ESTJ struggling to communicate... it comes out as anger... because he's a professional (dick), he's able to channel that rage into various well-honed rants... he strikes me as the worst kind of S (there are obviously many good kinds), which is ultra-literal and myopic.

That's why I said he is a TJ in private. I was thinking about him flipping out behind the scenes. An unhealthy TJ can be difficult to work with. Very demanding. I am sure NTJ's are capable of this too. But either way, whether N or S, he is balanced in this. I can argue each side. He does have some short sided SJ type behavior.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This makes me think ESTJ. As other people have mentioned, though, this could just be his "public face".

heart

heart on fire

If you can provide compelling proof that he is INFP, I will accept him as one, lol.

Isn't INFP having John Gray bad enough?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Bill O'Reilly...

Oh...

:sad:

What sadness, I thought this was going to be a Bill O'Reilly has just passed away thread.

Oh well, he still sucks, I guess.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
If you can provide compelling proof that he is INFP, I will accept him as one, lol.

Isn't INFP having John Gray bad enough?

Yea, it is.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Originally Posted by heart

I can't provide compelling proof of what he is since as stated on this thread and as it should be people cannot be typed based on their personnas.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I will give O'Reilly points for not being a complete toe-the-line Bush propagandist (like, say, Hannity). He has taken Catholic politicians who are pro-death penalty to task, for instance. Still, a gigantic douchebag, and not (just) because of his politics. Definitely an EJ. I'd lean ENTJ, but I am not certain.

MBTI Type
ENTP
The flip side of that is "he is successful and famous, must be N!" ;)
I don't think that the difference between conservative views and liberal views is the difference between sensing and intuiting.
But I think you can argue that preferring to spend your entire day discussing and pushing those views over a normal job where you accomplish tangible tasks could be.

To everyone who seems to be equating his arguing style with sensing, that's totally inaccurate and probably resulting from bias against SJs. You're talking about Te. All of the TJs prefer it, and it's dominant in both ENTJs and ESTJs.
Simplistic illustration: ISFP= hippie, Bill O'Reilly=polar opposite of a hippie

heart

heart on fire
No, I based my judgement of S on the fact that he seems more of a good, loyal foot solider in his cause than anything else, that is why I say SJ. He seems more Hank Hill than Maverick or HTB.

On a related topic, my ISFP friend is a total republican (totally into organized religion as well) and our Jeffster here claims to voter Neo-Con, so I am not so sure about ISFP being too hippie, lol.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
...our Jeffster here claims to voter Neo-Con, so I am not so sure about ISFP being too hippie, lol.

I did what now? :huh:

I'm definitely not a hippie. I got nothin against the "do my own thing" hermit-type hippies, but those guilt-trip "you shouldnt buy an SUV or shop at wal-mart waaaaah" type of hippies can suck it.