• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rappers and Hip Hop artists

S

Stansmith

These are the ones I know more or less

Kanye West - ENFP 6w7 - 3w4 - 1w? (I feel like me and him are freakishly similar at our core)

Kid Cudi - INFP 6w7 - 4w5 - 9w1

Snoop - xSTP 9w8 - 7w8 -?w? ???

Tyler the Creator - ENFP 7w8 - 8w7 - 4w?, I could also see him being a 7w6 with a strong influence from his 8-fix giving him that idgaf vibe. He actually seems to have alot of that 6-wing angst/anxiety based on his more personal songs. I think he's alot like Elfboy in that sense

Earl Sweatshirt - xNTP 6w5

Andre 3000 - INFJ 4w5 - 5w? - 9w8

Jay-Z - ENTJ 8w9 - 3w2 - ?w?

Eminem - ISFP cp6w5

Asap Rocky - ESTP 7w8 - 3w4 - 9w1

Lil Wayne - ESTP 8w7

Pharrell - INFJ 9w? - 3w2 - 7w6; very healthy, positive integration to 3

Nas - INFP 6w5?

Kendrick Lamar - INFJ or ENFP 9w1?

Frank Ocean - ISFP 4w5 - 7w6 - 9w8

Drake - ENFJ 3w2 - 6w? - ?w?

Tupac - ENFJ cp6w7 - 8w7 - 2w3

Last edited:
S

Stansmith

The Weeknd - ISFP 4w5 - 9w8 - 6w7

the-weeknd-4ee6928ad3a11.jpg

baccheion

I agree that Kanye West uses a lot of Ne, or cares a lot about it. Probably an idealist. Jay-Z seems like an ISTJ. Snoop Dogg seems like an INFP. I could see Nas being an INFP or an INTP. Lil Wayne seems like an introvert.

S

Stansmith

Is it possible for an ENTP being as wreckless an angry looking as Wayne is? His lyrics are Ne but his demeanor and actions seem very ESTP 8w7.

S

Stansmith

ESTP 3w4 - 7w8 - 9w?

I'm having a hard time telling if he's 7w8 or 3w4 core. On one side he's clearly trying to impress and seem "refined"/cultured, but he can also seem hedonistic and brash. Maybe the hedonism and vulgarness is him emulating the image of a rapper.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good collection and typings, as far as I can see at least.

Any thoughts on Ludacris though? You can't have a hip hop/rap list without him. My best guess so far is ESTP.

Is it possible for an ENTP being as wreckless an angry looking as Wayne is? His lyrics are Ne but his demeanor and actions seem very ESTP 8w7.

I've actually thought the opposite..... that his lyrics and style tend to read Se but his demeanor is Ne'ish at times.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are the ones I know more or less

Kanye West - ENFP - agree

Kid Cudi - don't know

Snoop - definitely ISTP

Tyler the Creator - seems ETP to me

Earl Sweatshirt - don't know

Andre 3000 - ISFP

Jay-Z - ENTJ - agree with that

Eminem - he is about as ISTP as they come

Asap Rocky - don't know

Lil Wayne - ESTP - agree

Pharrell - he seems rather ISFP or INFP to me

Nas - INFP - probably so

Kendrick Lamar - don't know

Frank Ocean - ISFP - probably

Drake - don't know

Tupac - definitely ENFP, no other type even makes sense

Starry

Over here now talking about counterphobia... And I couldn't figure out how to quote this thing...dude.

Eminem - ISFP cp6w5

I have seen so many powerful and persuasive type-related arguments in my time...but some of the strongest/best ever were for Eminem as ISFP. Still, I cannot be convinced he's anything other than INTJ 6w5cp.

Here's the thing about counterphobia...and this ties into Robopop's typing of Tupac as ENFP... Counterphobics possess so many of the characteristics we associate with Pe & Fi. So they are often cheerful and animated...they're incredibly bright and quick-minded... But the characteristics they usually end-up being defined by...they are spontaneous, impulsive, forceful, volatile, relentless, tenacious...

Over and over and over again I see... counterphobic Js mistyping as Ps...or being told they are Ps when in fact they are not. Likewise, counterphobic Fe is often believed to be Fi. Basically, there are a lot of ISFPs and ENFPs out there that are actually eNTJ & eNFJ 6w5cps.

Tupac - definitely ENFP, no other type even makes sense

No.

Tupac - ENFJ cp6w7 - 8w7 - 2w3

I agree with you that Tupac is ENFJ...but I believe he is 6w5cp. I think the desire to type him with a 7-wing is due to that awesomeness of charm and personality he had...it's difficult to imagine him having anything to do with e5 (whoops...sorry to e5s ? there are a lot of cheerful and animated e5s which is my point.) But he was 6w5cp as well.

About a minute and a half in you can see him switch into...'letting his counterphobic flag fly'...and it's so interesting because he's actually discussing the 'stuff' of counterphobia... honor of...and in action... loyalties... so awesome.

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I always thought Eminem was too good with Te as well as Ni sardonic humor to be a Fi-dom. But his overall demeanor and image seems more SP than NT.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with most of these, but I think Andre 3000's ISFP, Eminem ISTP, and Weezys ENTP.

S

Stansmith

I'd hate to delve into socionics, but Andre's smile and image is so Fe lol

20121114-andre-3000-picture-02-x306-1352921191.jpg

ISFP 4w3 is more like:

princevancouver.jpg

Fi-doms are probably the type least likely to smile with the whole face like that.

S

Stansmith

Lupe Fiasco - ENFP 6w?

Birdman - ESxP 8w9

Chief Keef - ISTP 6w?

Big Sean - xSFP 9w8

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't feel confident at all typing famous people (I'm just practicing on people I know currently), but I'd love to know what you all think Danny Brown is.

I get on kicks where I just watch his interviews back to back. I just love his personality! He cracks me up, and I could watch him all day. Any guesses?

I had a hard time picking a video for this too, so if anyone has seen any or wants to look at some suggestions that youtube gives when this one comes up, that might work :)

S

Stansmith

^^^^Its hard to accurate type the dude since his brain is fried from all that ecstacy he takes. All I can tell is that he's a 9w8 and probably a Se-user

Maybe ISFP

S

Stansmith

I'm starting to see Kendrick Lamar as an xNFP 9-5-2; probably 9w1-2w?-5w6. Start at 0:50

He's certainly a Ne and Fi user, but he's very mellow. I can't tell if that's the 9, or tertiary Si. On the other hand, he talks alot about getting mixed up with gangbangers and giving in to peer-pressure easily when he was young and being ambivalent towards it, which sounds like an ENFP who isn't using his judging function. I'd imagine an INFP would have a very solid idea of whether or not he approved of it from the get-go.

What do you guys think? [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]
oddly enough, I see INTJ 9w1>3w2>5w6 Sp/Sx

Starry

I'm starting to see Kendrick Lamar as an xNFP 9-5-2; probably 9w1-2w?-5w6. Start at 0:50

He's certainly a Ne and Fi user, but he's very mellow. I can't tell if that's the 9, or tertiary Si.

I wonder if Lamar would hate it terribly if I held his face between both hands and sorta made baby sounds at him *who's soooo cute? oooh you're soooo cute!* <--for some reason I get the sense this affectionate gesture would not be as appreciated by him as I would have intended. Still, I could watch footage of his facial expressions all day long I believe. His smiles and the twinkle in his eyes... his face is like sunshine.

And I actually think you're on the right track here... I definitely saw Fi. But I didn't see this in-your-face Ne that you mention when you say 'He's certainly a Ne user.' I'm not saying it isn't there...but without having seen it I can't rule out ISFP. In other words, I think he is an Fi dom and an e9 as well...although I would probably put him at 9w8...

On the other hand, he talks alot about getting mixed up with gangbangers and giving in to peer-pressure easily when he was young and being ambivalent towards it, which sounds like an ENFP who isn't using his judging function. I'd imagine an INFP would have a very solid idea of whether or not he approved of it from the get-go.

The bolded doesn't strike me as a case for ENFP. I mean, I'm still trying to understand your internal experience... but based on everything I know about the ENFP type...if an ENFP is participating in something that might be considered 'questionable'... while they may wish to blame that on another person or peer pressure...No. An ENFP that isn't using their judging function...is most likely moving towards the 'questionable' willingly out of curiosity/interest. The bolded describes a young e9 to a tee though.

I don't know any INFP e9s irl... but I have definitely seen a few ISFP e9s in my time become absorbed by (merge with) whatever is going on around them and just end-up 'going along with it.' <--I've also seen these same ISFPs attribute their past behavior to 'peer pressure.' I'm thinking to say 'peer pressure'...it's probably an easier way to describe this e9 merging experience...in a way that comes 'close enough' while insuring others have a rough understanding of what occurred. I've also noticed a major *social activist* streak in the e9s that I know. And sometimes get the sense that the use of the word 'peer pressure'...is a way to get the message across to young people to... always remain mindful of what you want and feel is right (mindfulness or you run the risk of allowing others to direct your path, etc.)

So anyway, IxFP e9.

S

Stansmith

Gucci Mane: ESFP 9w8 - 7w6 - 3w4 Sx/Sp

Soulja Boy: ESFP 7w8 - 3w4 - 9w8 Sx/So

Asap Ferg: ESTP 8w7 - 7w6 - 4w3