• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Young actors and actresses

MetalMoon

I'm not entirely sure how accurate MBTI typing is for teens/young adults (or, how accurate it is at all, especially with a celebrity)

Any idea on the following? I'll put some estimations in brackets

Jennifer Lawrence (xSFP)
Emma Stone (ENFJ)
Ellen Page (ISTP)
Chloe Moretz (ESTP)
Hailee Steinfield (Ixxx)
Abigail Breslin (ESTP)
Josh Hutcherson (ENFP)
Asa Butterfield (?)

Not young adults, but:
Chris Hemsworth (ISFP)
Jensen Ackles (ISFP)
Jared Padalecki (ESFP)
Jake Gyllenhaal (ESFP)

yeghor

Its funny because I'm also kind of partial to this myself.

05_page_lgl.jpg

Ellen Page used to look and dress like a boy as a kid and now she has gone thru a gender transformation surgery. He now has better abs, body fat percentage and shoulder to waist ratio than I do.

I usually find ST women attractive in particular yet I am not attracted to her. He seems to be going for the converse guy+rapper/gangsta look (chains and stuff). She also looks a bit like Meghan Markle in the 2nd photo from last maybe because of the makeup.

What type might she be?

20210525-elliot-page-insta.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ellen Page used to look and dress like a boy as a kid and now she has gone thru a gender transformation surgery. He now has better abs, body fat percentage and shoulder to waist ratio than I do.

I usually find ST women attractive in particular yet I am not attracted to her. He seems to be going for the converse guy+rapper/gangsta look (chains and stuff). She also looks a bit like Meghan Markle in the 2nd photo from last maybe because of the makeup.

What type might she be?

20210525-elliot-page-insta.jpg

Type doesn't change, just because they changed their physical apperance. Fashion style also doesn't denote type either.

yeghor

Type doesn't change, just because they changed their physical apperance. Fashion style also doesn't denote type either.

I beg to differ. The functions can be correlated to certain tastes and styles, which are expressed in lifestyles and fashion styles among other things.

I am curious about her type. Some earlier threads seem to have typed her as ISTP.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I beg to differ. The functions can be correlated to certain tastes and styles, which are expressed in lifestyles and fashion styles among other things.

I am curious about her type. Some earlier threads seem to have typed her as ISTP.

Correlation =/= causation. Besides, you cannot type by behavior alone. Vibe typing is highly inaccurate. You have to actually meet the person and understand how they think, to type them appropriately. I know many people who dress a specific way, who are no where near the type you assume they are. I myself am an INTP who dresses like an ISTP. It doesn't make me an ISTP.

yeghor

Correlation =/= causation. Besides, you cannot type by behavior alone. Vibe typing is highly inaccurate. You have to actually meet the person and understand how they think, to type them appropriately. I know many people who dress a specific way, who are no where near the type you assume they are. I myself am an INTP who dresses like an ISTP. It doesn't make me an ISTP.

You're typing according to your own physical attraction. You seem to do that on other threads as well. This is enormously biased.
There may be a correlation, but it's not as strict as you're making it to be. What's important is the reason behind their choices, not the outcome per se.

All typings are subjective, biased and inaccurate.

I would appreciate any opinion on his type.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All typings are subjective, biased and inaccurate.

I would appreciate any opinion on his type.

Yes, all types are subjective and biased. But this site is dedicated to understanding the theory and applying it to its fullest possible potential. Not so much for being as incorrect as possible because its fun. New people will get confused by it, unless you adhere to the theories. Consistency is important. So some people feel the need to correct you.

yeghor

Yes, all types are subjective and biased. But this site is dedicated to understanding the theory and applying it to its fullest possible potential. Not so much for being as incorrect as possible because its fun. New people will get confused by it, unless you adhere to the theories. Consistency is important. So some people feel the need to correct you.

Yes. But some methods are just worse. Typing according to what makes blood flow to your pants is the same as using a random number generator.
No, you won't inherit type, if you thought of answering this way. You inherit predispositions to certain traits. Coming out a certain personality (not type) is a combo of genes+environment. Being attractive to you doesn't mean anything. Not to mention in a place where being attracting is important such as acting. But if a person obsessed over their appearance for X, Y, Z reasons, those reasons would be a good way to type.

I haven't typed him yet actually so I do not understand what you are getting worked up about.

I am asking opinion as to what his type might be. If you want to show the correct way of typing him, please be my guest, that what this thread is for.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What type might she be?
First, I am getting confused by the pronouns here. Whom are you trying to type: Ellen Page before transition? Elliot Page after? Meghan Markle? Gender transitioning should not fundamentally alter someone's personality, though it might remove some constraints pushing the person into less preferred functions.

Second, your statement about finding ST women attractive but not being attracted to her (who is her?) suggests you are using your personal measure of attraction in typing someone.

yeghor

First, I am getting confused by the pronouns here. Whom are you trying to type: Ellen Page before transition? Elliot Page after? Meghan Markle? Gender transitioning should not fundamentally alter someone's personality, though it might remove some constraints pushing the person into less preferred functions.

Second, your statement about finding ST women attractive but not being attracted to her (who is her?) suggests you are using your personal measure of attraction in typing someone.

What is your opinion about Ellen/Elliot Page's type?

That's what I am asking. I haven't typed her myself yet.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your opinion about Ellen/Elliot Page's type?

That's what I am asking. I haven't typed her myself yet.
I know very little about this actor so won't venture any type assessment, but I will object to your misgendering someone like this. Unless you are trying to make a distinction between "Ellen"/before, and Elliot today he is just "he".

yeghor

I know very little about this actor so won't venture any type assessment, but I will object to your misgendering someone like this. Unless you are trying to make a distinction between "Ellen"/before, and Elliot today he is just "he".

I don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is anyone interested for constructive debate, please contribute, anyone else please fuck off.

yeghor

This lady also transformed into a guy, yet she/he does not come across as particularly masculine to me, which makes me wonder what biological/psychic drive prompted them to change their sex.

He actually became quite a handsome guy and his style looks like an ISFP to me. His female photos look like ISFP as well.

I was under the impression that T-dom women and F-dom men might be more inclined to sex change operations, but all these mean there must be other factors in play effecting such a decision.

yeghor

I am still having a hard time typing Elliot Page. He seems to have transformed himself into a thug, knuckles, chains, wife-beater tank-top etc. His new style reminds me of Justin Bieber, who is usually typed as ESFP.

Elliot comes across like an Se-dom to me, he doesn't look like an introvert, he keeps his gaze on you. Some people type him as ISTP or INTP, but this style is more Se than Ti, focused more on looking tough than intelligent.

So I would go with ESTP for Elliot. That explains why he felt the need for a sex change operation, as he was feeling hypermasculine on the inside. I think if he were a Ti-dom he would pursue some academic career but he instead pursued an acting career, which is more Se oriented.

Interesting thing is he didn't come across as an ESTP before the operation so I am wondering on whether he could be an ENTP, his earlier style is very Ne-dom-ish, colorful and loose fitting clothes, converses etc.

The thing is it doesn't make sense to me how he didn't run into any antisocial or risk-taking problems if he is indeed an ESTP. His ex-wife Emma Portner looks like an INFP (looks quite like Sansa Stark and Dakota Fanning). So maybe he had a personality shift because of the transition hormones and the relationship failed.

His co-star Michael Cera is typed as an INFP but he's not overtly feminine. He's an NF that's for sure and an introvert, so I am wondering if he could instead be an INFJ, his body looks weird enough to warrant an INFJ typing.

Anyway, my best guess for Elliot is ExTP for the time being.

1661968230283.png
1661968355215.png
1661968372674.png

1661970109596.png
1661970157185.png
1661970180848.png
1661970226394.png
1661970256572.png
1661970267068.png
1661970794041.png

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, so here's the thing: People of all different MBTI types will transition genders, and it's fairly obvious if you look at all the people who transition and see that they will still have a function focus that is stereotypically of the gender they left behind physically.

tl;dr It's not a function type decision, it's separate. Page just happened to be one of those with a stereotypically masculine approach before transition and now aligns even further socially.

I would agree Page is probably an xSTP type.

Keeping a relationship together across a gender transition is difficult. One reason is because as you note, the transitioner's personality is no longer being cloaked and in fact might be appearing to change for a variety of reasons from feeling more comfortable in their skin and no longer feeling a need to smother their natural inclinations up to behavioral changes related to the hormonal and physical shift. Another reason could simply be due to differences in sexual and emotional attraction; I didn't really read much about Emma Porter, but it's possible she wasn't attracted to Page as a guy if she's got stronger lesbian inclinations or that the dynamics of their relationship changed enough that she was no longer happy, even if they were on good terms with each other. People change enough over the course of a long relationship, let alone without a gender transition. It's fairly common for relationships to break up in these circumstances, and even if people stay together it's not uncommon for it to become more platonic and lose a lot of the sexual component.

Not sure about Cera, but I agree with the NF read on him. He's a really interesting blend in how he presents.

Last edited:

yeghor

His co-star Michael Cera is typed as an INFP but he's not overtly feminine. He's an NF that's for sure and an introvert, so I am wondering if he could instead be an INFJ, his body looks weird enough to warrant an INFJ typing.

Would you elect someone who looked like Michael Cera or Vitalik Buterin as President or a leader if they were running as a candidate? What if it turned out they are among the most competent for the job?

1662006680855.png
1662006736971.png

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on how they actually came across when explaining their approach on issues.

Also, physical attraction is not really what is being observed here -- it's more physical presence, how someone carries themselves, and whether they have the means at their disposal to inspire action, loyalty, and dedication to implementing their ideals. Are people motivated to respond to their ideas and/or support the implementation of those ideas?

So maybe the examples provided are lacking physical largeness / presence, but there are other means that can motivate people so they would just need to ensure they have SOMETHING that inspires action and support in their favor -- or at least have the support of SOMEONE who can stand in for them in that regard, even if they are just the "ideas" guys.

There's a reason for the trope that sometimes you get a leader figurehead people rally behind, while meanwhile there's a person "behind the throne/office" with many of the ideas that the leader then uses their charisma and presence to further.

yeghor

Would you elect someone who looked like Michael Cera or Vitalik Buterin as President or a leader if they were running as a candidate? What if it turned out they are among the most competent for the job?

View attachment 27048View attachment 27049

1662057701531.png
1662057752580.png

If I told you that the guy on the left is an INTJ and the one on the right an INFJ:

1) How well (lets say over 10) would they match with the impression of INTJ/INFJ formed in your mind based on type descriptions?

2) What are the first 5 words that come to your mind when you take a second look at these photos?

3) If you are interested in men, how would you rate them over 10 as boyfriend/dating material?

yeghor

View attachment 27066View attachment 27067

If I told you that the guy on the left is an INTJ and the one on the right an INFJ:

1) How well (lets say over 10) would they match with the impression of INTJ/INFJ formed in your mind based on type descriptions?

2) What are the first 5 words that come to your mind when you take a second look at these photos?

3) If you are interested in men, how would you rate them over 10 as boyfriend/dating material?

I'll just leave this here then.

Michael Cera's demise - This is the end