• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name the MBTI Type of The Author Who Wrote This Passage

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The Dead came back from Jerusalem, where they found not what they sought. They prayed me let them in and besought my word, and thus I began my teaching. Harken: I begin with nothingness. Nothingness is the same as fullness. In infinity full is no better than empty. Nothingness is both empty and full. As well might ye say anything else of nothingness, as for instance, white is it, or black, or again, it is not, or it is. A thing that is infinite and eternal hath no qualities, since it hath all qualities. This nothingness or fullness we name the Pleroma. Therein both thinking and being cease, since the eternal and infinite possess no qualities. In it no being is, for he then would be distinct from the pleroma, and would possess qualities which would distinguish him as something distinct from the pleroma. In the pleroma there is nothing and everything. It is quite fruitless to think about the pleroma, for this would mean self-dissolution."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok then, name just the dominant function.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still too hard? Ok, just give me one letter.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INXP

All those philosophical contradictions (eg. "Nothingness is both empty and full") and describing something so complex and elusive, it's so JiNe.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INXP

All those philosophical contradictions (eg. "Nothingness is both empty and full") and describing something so complex and elusive, it's so JiNe.

I agree that its philosophically abstract, which implies Intuition. But Jung has stated that Intuition can be confused with Thinking, Feeling, and Sensing. The author is making distinctions based not on values but on concepts.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree that its philosophically abstract, which implies Intuition. But Jung has stated that Intuition can be confused with Thinking, Feeling, and Sensing. The author is making distinctions based not on values but on concepts.
I don't disagree. I was not as concerned about the abstract nature of it, but the use of contradictions - it's similar to the way INXPs speak/write to describe enigmatic impressions. Yes, the author is speaking of concepts but how he/she writes about them is of more interest.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't disagree. I was not as concerned about the abstract nature of it, but the use of contradictions - it's similar to the way INXPs speak/write to describe enigmatic impressions. Yes, the author is speaking of concepts but how he/she writes about them is of more interest.

But in order to talk about the "how" you first have to talk about the "what," the contradictions, and then how they are used in the paragraph.