• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Channing Tatum

Lightyear

Anyone?

Let's start off with this piece from www.laineygossip.com:

It started last year, my appreciation for Channing Tatum’s ability not only to give a good interview but the way he’s managed to navigate his ascent, winning over those who weren’t all that impressed with his shirtlessness by sounding relatively humble, not overreaching, and maintaining a good sense of humour. And also just being kind. He is very kind on junkets, he is appreciative of the interest, and no one ever has any sh-t to talk at him or about him.

Tatum covers the new issue of Vanity Fair and, once again, delivers offering candid details about his upbringing. He talks about how his father pressured him academically and how he struggled with this studies. How conventional education methods did not work on him. He also describes himself as a “slow” reader:

“I read so slow. If I have a script I’m going to read it five times slower than any other actor, but I’ll be able to tell you everything in it. It kills me that there are standardized tests geared towards just one kind of child.”

You know what I love about this? I love that Tatum confronts and acknowledges his image that he’s a pretty beefy dumbass. How many of her peers would do the same? And in a way that isn’t defensive or a denial but instead, surprisingly informed, with strong ownership of his opinion. God but he is endearing, isn’t he?

He’s also refreshingly honest about fame and how it can change you. Most of the time, these assholes refuse to admit that their lives are privileged, that they are accustomed to entitlements that are almost offensive to civilians. That they literally could have someone wipe their sh-t if they wanted to:

“I worry about Bieber, man. That kid’s wildly talented. I hope he doesn’t fall down into the usual ways of young kids because it’s so hard for someone to be responsible when they’re not asked to be. We’re not asked to do things ourselves. You have someone there with a coffee. ‘You want food? I’ll get you food.’ I put my bag in the trunk yesterday—I can’t drive here—so my driver, great guy, Terry, amazing, I call him T-Bone, I drop my bag in and left the trunk open. And I get around to my door, and I’m like, ‘What the f-ck am I doing? That’s not my behavior.’ ”

Here’s Channing Tatum admitting that at some point, he got used to it. He got used to having someone clean up for him. “We’re not asked to do things for ourselves.” Exactly. And the consequence to that, as he candidly reveals, is that you start not doing things for yourself.

If you have some life experience, some maturity, you might catch yourself, like he did, and self-correct. But, as you’ve read here too many times, so many of them are unformed when they make it, and that awareness never develops. Tatum addresses that part of it too:

“I don’t remember who said it, but I do believe that whatever age you become famous, you end up staying that age. Because from that point you’re not asked to be a normal citizen. I broke through at 24 or 25. I had lived a pretty diverse life. When I was finally making money, I knew exactly what I needed ... $5.67. I’d have one meal a day. I would go to Checkers and get the No. 1 with everything.”

It was George Clooney, which would make sense because they hang out. George Clooney said that fame stunts your growth. So Britney will always be 16. Bieber will always be 14 or 15. Lindsay Lohan the same.

He sounds to me like well-developed F (Fe?) mixed with Se. ESFP? ESFJ?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he's actually extremely likeable. i didn't expect to like him...haha

no idea what his type is. maybe esfj?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've always viewed him as ENFP. I just think its surprising and unusual to meet one that isn't aggressively destroying their own body.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm on bored with his type being HAWT

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always viewed him as ENFP. I just think its surprising and unusual to meet one that isn't aggressively destroying their own body.

are you serious?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always viewed him as ENFP.

Anything is possible...

I just think its surprising and unusual to meet one that isn't aggressively destroying their own body.

Wait a minute.

By the above, do you mean that you - "think its surprising and unusual to meet one (an ENFP) that isn't aggressively destroying their own body." ???
If so, that's silly.

How many times have ESTPs been cast as reckless party animals?
Does that claim pertain to the majority of ESTPs?
I doubt it.

Does that claims pertain to the majority of ENFPs?
I doubt it again.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Meh, say what you guys want. Most of the ENFP's in my life take horrible care of their bodies. One in particular is a vegetarian and all that other stuff, but at the same time is an alcoholic, her teeth were recently removed because they were rotting, and she smokes a pack a day. The other one I dated was a vegetarian, smoked a pack a day and never worked out (but somehow still was attractive). The third one I knew managed to get every STD known to mankind.

Maybe I have bad luck when it comes to meeting ENFP's.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well im not always super health conscious or anything tho i can be and have been but i also don't think i'm any more reckless about it than other types...

i think we all have our different ways to have good/bad habits.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
he must only know Sx/So ENFPs :tongue:

picgifs-mean-girls-819513.gif

I also agree with 9w8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems too Ne-slow to be ENFP, and he uses Fe.

I think he's ESTP now that I think about it more (never saw him as iNtuitive personally)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really? he seems so f to me. i just see exfx but i'm thinking esfj