• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Spock - INTP, ISTJ, INTJ, ISTP?

What type is Spock - INTP, ISTJ, INTJ, ISTP?

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spock cares too much about facts of the external world and being practical to be a Ti user.

Good point. I may want to change my vote to ISTJ, if it were possible. INTJ does not seem likely.

I look at INTJs as being more like Sherlock Holmes (Cumberbatch version, anyway). At first I thought Holmes was an ISTP, because of how good he is at noticing sensory details (certainly not an INTP, as we tend not to notice if we have shampoo in our ears), but I finally got a handle on Ni as being a function of "hunches" and INTJ made more sense. The Te "fact oriented" practicality can look a little Se, I suppose.

Plus, not to stereotype here, but a lot of people think of ISTJs as being a little robotic. My father is an ISTJ, and I see that a little. Apologize if I offended any ISTJs!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
^ Disagree. If we can type Jar-Jar Binks and Yoda (whatever the hell his species is), we can type Vulcans.

He really doesn't seem like a Ni dom to me at all. I suppose his tendencies to be more "by the book", at least in the newer movies, have some people place him as an INTJ, but I assure you, INTPs also have this tendency. 5w6s do, at the least.

I'd buy ISTJ before I'd buy INTJ. He doesn't seem to get those Ni hunches (which seems to be a good way of desribing Ni).

I always thought that he was an INTJ, but I could buy ISTJ and I can't buy INTP. Ti users tend to have their own personal brand of logic. By contrast, the logic that Spock tends to go with seems to be more of a universal logical system which is more congruent with Te.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spock cares too much about facts of the external world and being practical to be a Ti user.

this. I think ISTJ

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You people are all wrong. Certainly he's an ENFP 7w6 sx/so :smile:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok I just saw the new Star Trek movie and I now have no doubt that Spock is an ISTJ. The man has to do everything by the book, and according to protocol. He also gets Kirk in trouble in the beginning because he refuses to not follow protocol, and to not report Kirk's wrongdoings. This man is too ISTJ to function.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok I just saw the new Star Trek movie and I now have no doubt that Spock is an ISTJ. The man has to do everything by the book, and according to protocol. He also gets Kirk in trouble in the beginning because he refuses to not follow protocol, and to not report Kirk's wrongdoings. This man is too ISTJ to function.
That was what I got from the movie, too. However, I have never seen a full episode of the show (nor a full movie with the Star Trek TOS cast), so I can only presume from what [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] has said that Nimoy Spock is more Ni than Si.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That was what I got from the movie, too. However, I have never seen a full episode of the show (nor a full movie with the Star Trek TOS cast), so I can only presume from what [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] has said that Nimoy Spock is more Ni than Si.

Maybe he is. To tell the truth, I'm not really sure about that Spock. I never really paid attention to that show enough for me to really type him. However, when I saw this new Star Trek Movie, I was pretty much 100% sure that this one was an ISTJ.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Disagree. If we can type Jar-Jar Binks and Yoda (whatever the hell his species is), we can type Vulcans.

He really doesn't seem like a Ni dom to me at all. I suppose his tendencies to be more "by the book", at least in the newer movies, have some people place him as an INTJ, but I assure you, INTPs also have this tendency. 5w6s do, at the least.

I'd buy ISTJ before I'd buy INTJ. He doesn't seem to get those Ni hunches (which seems to be a good way of desribing Ni).

Hm really:shock:, INTPs are probably one of the types most likely to challenge and stray away from externally imposed procedure(along with ENTPs and the other NPs too).

Spock is almost without a doubt a ITJ type at least, I peg him as ISTJ.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w4s maybe.

5w6s, though...

A 5w4 on INTPc called 5w6s "SJ-lite", which I think was supposed to be an insult.

I think 5w6s can sometimes be very by the book, especially when we're young.

I'm more inclined to agree with the ISTJ now, but the idea of that being a difference between INTP 5w4s and INTP 5w6s is intriguing.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w4s maybe.

5w6s, though...

A 5w4 on INTPc called 5w6s "SJ-lite", which I think was supposed to be an insult.

I'm more inclined to agree with the ISTJ now, but the idea of that being a difference between INTP 5w4s and INTP 5w6s is intriguing.

Is that because of the e6 influence on 5w6?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w4s maybe.

5w6s, though...

EDIT: this is a double post.

Julia_Anne

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd type him as an INTx 5w6. I think the J or the P comes from how he wants others to view him, and you could argue in circles about why he is one or the other. We'd have to see some more characterization coming straight from Spock before I'd be able to decide. But I do feel that he is an NT, and of course an introvert.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Going with ISTJ 5w6 sp/so.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going with ISTJ 5w6 sp/so.

I would agree with this for the new JJ Abrams flicks. TOS Spock was INTJ 1w9 sp/sx.

Just like Chris Pine's Kirk is ESTP 8w7 sx/so whereas Shatner's was ENFJ 3w2 sx/sp.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would agree with this for the new JJ Abrams flicks. TOS Spock was INTJ 1w9 sp/sx.

Just like Chris Pine's Kirk is ESTP 8w7 sx/so whereas Shatner's was ENFJ 3w2 sx/sp.

I was just following JJ Abrams since the OP had the video from his film. :D I agree with the Chris Pine version of Kirk as well (is it just me or is he perfect for the role of ESTP id types?) but I haven't seen enough of original Star Trek to get to know the characters well enough otherwise.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just following JJ Abrams since the OP had the video from his film. :D I agree with the Chris Pine version of Kirk as well (is it just me or is he perfect for the role of ESTP id types?) but I haven't seen enough of original Star Trek to get to know the characters well enough otherwise.

I got minorly obsessed after watching the movies. Ended up buying the whole of TOS. Sooo goodddddd.....

#nerdyandproud

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Whoops meant Spock was INTP in TOS not INTJ. My b.