• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI in graphic novel / comic book characters

edwartica

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been kind of thinking about this on and off for the last year or so. Here's what I have thus far....

in the sandman....
Dream: INFJ
Death: ENFP
Delirium: ENFP
Desire: ENTP
Destiny: ISTP
Despair: ISFP (?)
Destruction: ENTP

I won't go into sub-charachters yet, considering I am currently re-reading the series

Fables:
Snow White: ENTJ
Boy Blue: ENFJ
Rose Red: ENFP
Jack: ENTP
Bigby Wolf: ISFP/J
Flycatcher INFP Pre frog prince arc, INFJ post frog prince arc
Gepetto: INTP
Prince Charming: ENTP
Pinocchio: ESFP?
Goldilocks: ENTJ
Snow Queen: INTJ
Frau Totenkinder: INTJ
Rodney and June: INFP?
King Cole: ENTP

That's all I got for now. I gotta get offline. :) But what does everyone familiar with these characters think?

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Very cool! :D I've been looking for a thread like this but I didn't find it. I read the first series of "Fables" but I haven't read it enough to really get the characters. I think your depiction of Sandman characters is pretty accurate, but I admit I haven't read enough of Gaiman's graphic novel series to say for sure.

But I like it! I like that someone started one. I was thinking of typing the X-Men.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wolverine : xSTP ?

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My hand at the X-Men, although it's totally up for debate:

Wolverine - definitely xSTP. Maybe ISTP.
Cyclops - I want to say ISTJ or INTJ depending on who writes him.
Storm - INFJ (up for debate, sure. But she's very N when she gets folks one on one).
Phoenix - ENFJ, I think.
Professor X - INTP
Beast - ENTP
Rogue - ESTP
Iceman - ENFP
Gambit - ISFP
White Queen - INTJ
Angel (Warren Worthington) - xxTJ
Shadowcat - INFP
Magneto - ENTJ
Sabretooth - ESTP?
Mystique - xNTJ

Aaand, that's all I have so far.

edwartica

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, Wolverine is an ISTP - no doubt about it.
I think Cyclops is an ESTJ though. Maybe an ENTJ - I guess it depends on what franchise of the X- men one is paying attention to, and time of the series.And rogue is an F at heart, though I think she has a T mask. I always picture her as an ISFP. But again, it depends on the time and franchise.

Ok, birds of Prey:
Barbara Gordon / Oracle: INXJ. (as Batgirl though, I think she was an ENFJ).
Misfit: ENFP
Black Canary: ESFJ?
Lady Blackhawk: ESFJ
Huntress: INFJ?

Ex Machina:
The Great Machine / Mayor hundred: ENTP

Y: The last man:
Yorick: INFP
Agent 355: ENTJ
DR. Mann: ISTJ
Hero: ENTP?
Beth: ENFJ?

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ooh, Y the Last Man...I'm waiting for the last GN to get on the market. I don't want to read the last comic until then. I love BKV.

You could be right about Cyclops - I've always figured him to be an introvert, but he could very well be extroverted in the right circumstances. Rogue as an F? Mm, well, now she is. But in the beginning I think she was more T and I prefer her as a scrappy "T". The whole, "Ah cain't touch nobody!" thing got old reeeally quickly. I don't see her as ISFP, though. She's too extroverted IMO.

Yes! Mayor Hundred - definitely ENTP, but maybe more due to that ET machine in his head.

I agree with your assessment of Y, except Dr. Mann might be more N than S. I don't know - I'm going to have to really look at that. Beth, yes - ENFJ. Hero...huh. Tough one. She might be more J than P.

PS - this thread might get moved to the typing thread area. It's more typing than arts & entertainment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very cool! :D I've been looking for a thread like this but I didn't find it. ...

Search around. we already did this a few times in 2008, but I don't have the thread URLs handy right now.

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I did some searching, but I didn't find a specific X-Men thread. But then, it could've been farther down the list or later in the year as well. Ah, well.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
I've been kind of thinking about this on and off for the last year or so. Here's what I have thus far....

Fables:
Snow White: ENTJ
Boy Blue: ENFJ
Rose Red: ENFP
Jack: ENTP
Bigby Wolf: ISFP/J
Flycatcher INFP Pre frog prince arc, INFJ post frog prince arc
Gepetto: INTP
Prince Charming: ENTP
Pinocchio: ESFP?
Goldilocks: ENTJ
Snow Queen: INTJ
Frau Totenkinder: INTJ
Rodney and June: INFP?
King Cole: ENTP

That's all I got for now. I gotta get offline. :) But what does everyone familiar with these characters think?

Your "Fables" list should've had its own thread, edwartica. If you have a good list, folks, start a separate thread with it. Don’t bury it in these omnibus threads. Here's mine:

Snow White ENTJ
Bigby Wolf ISTJ
Jack ENTP
Prince Charming ENTP
King Cole INTP
Rose Red INFP
Bluebeard INTJ
Boy Blue ENTJ
Goldielocks ENTJ
Frau Totenkinder (the witch) INTJ
Pinocchio ESTJ
Flycatcher (the Frog Prince) INFP
Beauty INFP
Beast ISFP
Kay INFJ
Geppetto (The Adversary) INTP
Lumi (The Snow Queen) ENTJ

X-Men

Cyclops ENTJ
Wolverine ISTP
Nightcrawler INFP
Jean Gray INFJ
Prof X INFJ
Kitty Pride ENFJ
Beast INTP
Magneto INTJ

FF

Johnny Storm ESTP
Ben Grimm/The Thing ISFJ
Reed INTP
Susan Storm INFJ

Batman INTJ
Joker ENTP
Riddler ENTP
Penguin ENTJ
Catwoman ENFJ (I saw her typing on another list here; don't know if I agree with it, but somehow it's intriguing)

Spider-Man INFP (again, from someone else here; when I saw it it was like an epiphany. I've been trying to get a fix on his type for years)

titanguy

MBTI Type
Enfp
Wolverine an ISTP i think you guys are crazy. Im seeing INFJ. Burst of anger. loner. Feeling the need to protect the group. Sacrificing himself. Always asking why, and questioning is past. Trying to find his true self. This is all based of the movies.

katerp

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The movies aren't the same as the comics though. Some of Wolverine's most defining qualities (outbursts of anger, being a loner, not following rules, strong belief in equality, need for action, loyalty to personal values, etc.) are qualities of typical ISTPs. He's a loner who's very hands-on (and depends a lot on his senses) and he's very unstructured. I could see an argument between T and F because of his anger and his strong moral code, but both of those qualities apply to ISTPs as well. I would say ISTP fits him perfectly. I think his questioning of his past doesn't really have much to do with his type. Wouldn't anybody who couldn't remember most of their life want to find out about their past, regardless of type?