• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing the New Battlestar Galactica

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I am wanting to add this show to my TV profiling site, Kicking Lettuce Personality Profiling

The charecters I will do wil be father and son Adama, Colonel Tai, Starbuck, Chief Tyrall, Athena, the President, the Dr Baltar, Helo... just to stat. maybe a couple others. Any ideas?

The COlonel is an ISTJ, no doubt. I am thinking Adm Adama is too? The Dr seems NT.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, I'd believe ISTJ for Adm. Adama and Colonel Tai.

Starbuck ESTP?
President maybe INFP?
Helo... thinking either INFJ or ISFJ? leaning more towards ISFJ

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(I've seen through Season 2, and some episodes of seasons 3/4)

I think Laura Roslin is ENFJ. Awesomely kickass. She's always aware of the implications. She's not really that concillatory because she's got her eye on the bigger picture and the larger goal of the survival of the race. Willing to fudge the "rules" this bigger goal. (Not very Fi.) :heart:

Doctor Gaius Baltar: Does any type want to claim him? Seriously though, I think he's an ENTP. Sure he follows the crazy, well, because the crazy works (he's survived this long hasn't he?). He goes with the flow as it benefits him, all in the name of self-preservation (while seriously lacking insight into the moral implications).

Galen Tyrol (the Chief): ISFJ- He tries to take care of those under his command in a sort of family way. He tries to do the "right" thing. (Why did they make him a Cylon again?)

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
(I've seen through Season 2, and some episodes of seasons 3/4)

I think Laura Roslin is ENFJ. Awesomely kickass. She's always aware of the implications. She's not really that concillatory because she's got her eye on the bigger picture and the larger goal of the survival of the race. Willing to fudge the "rules" this bigger goal. (Not very Fi.) :heart:

Doctor Gaius Baltar: Does any type want to claim him? Seriously though, I think he's an ENTP. Sure he follows the crazy, well, because the crazy works (he's survived this long hasn't he?). He goes with the flow as it benefits him, all in the name of self-preservation (while seriously lacking insight into the moral implications).

Galen Tyrol (the Chief): ISFJ- He tries to take care of those under his command in a sort of family way. He tries to do the "right" thing. (Why did they make him a Cylon again?)

Oooh. Excellent. This will help me. I still haven't wrote my profiles yet on this.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Adama ISTJ. I think the version played by Lorne Greene in the original series was an ENTJ. Actually, he seemed an awful lot like Ben Cartwright, the “Bonanza” patriarch who is probably Greene’s best known character.

President Roslin INFP. Though I wouldn’t rule out ENFJ or INFJ.

Starbuck ESTP. The Dirk Benedict version in the original series might have been an ENTP.

Apollo INFJ

Baltar ENTP. If there’s any doubt about this one, there's none about the original; he was totally ENTP.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's a big spaceship. Always difficult to type a big spaceship.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I would have said INFJ for Laura. I think she's forced to be more extroverted because of her position, which she didn't actively seek.

I say ISFJ for Adama. He's often torn between duty and those he loves, and he's loyal to a fault.

Definitely ENTP for Baltar.

I agree with ESTP for Starbuck. Lee is probably INFP.

I think ISTP is accurate for Tigh.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Can anyone help out this Dr Cottle, Athena and Chief Teral? I am havng a problem with these 3....

Also, Lee Adema, INFX? I am having difficulty seeing this too? care to explain your thoughts here?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Lee is extremely idealistic, and his first inclination is to advocate for others, to right every wrong. He wants to give voice to those who don't have one, and he ultimately seeks peace above all. I would definitely say INFx, though I could probably be persuaded either way on the P/J divide.

I'd say Cottle is possibly ENTJ. Tyrol, maybe ISTP? Athena, ISFJ, though it's probably harder to type a Cylon.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Athena's totally a T. I'm thinking ESTJ, or INTJ. She does what's needs to be done.

Lee kind of follows his "role" in the fleet which makes it harder to type him, I think. ISFP? Sort of naive. (And one of my least favorite characters.)

Adama I think is IXTJ. He cares... after you've taken your commands.

Tyrol I still think is ISFJ. He feels DUTY (didn't he cite it when he broke up with Boomer?). And he's pretty emphathetic (calling a strike).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm up to season 3.

Admiral Adama: ISFJ
Lee Adama: ISTJ
Starbuck: ESTP [does anyone hate her as much as I do?]
Dr. Baltar: ENTP
Laura Roslin: ENFJ
Athena: ISFJ
Helo: ISFP
Chief Tyrol: ISFJ
Colonel Tigh: ISTP
Sam T. Anders: ESFP

Starbuck has to be one of the most infuriating characters I've ever seen. Every episode I want to choke the life out of her for being completely non self-aware, but it seems to be the writers' fault more than anything for making her so cliche and basic.

I used to not like Baltar very much, but at least he's entertaining and his storyline is far more complex/interesting as he gets more Cylon time, which for me is the best aspect of the series. Number 1 is probably my favorite.

Another minor complaint is the retardation of Cylons during the occupation. I'm supposed to believe the machines are this inept in their analysis of how to control a human population? You want the humans to like you? Build them some houses. Not rocket surgery.

Regardless, the whole series is fascinating to me despite there being an absence of enjoyable characters. I'm hoping the explanation for the Cylons' religious thoughts and culture is revealed because that's been a curiosity of mine since the beginning. As always, I'm far more interested in the motivations and existence of the antagonists than I am concerned with the humans.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm up to season 3.

Starbuck has to be one of the most infuriating characters I've ever seen. Every episode I want to choke the life out of her for being completely non self-aware, but it seems to be the writers' fault more than anything for making her so cliche and basic.

She was my favourite character!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
No lie, I remembered you liked her and was thinking of that while I watched. I found her completely incomprehensible and the ways they tried to make her look "tough" and no-nonsense sort of backfired and seemed incredibly cliche and compensating. "imma do pushups when I'm in the brigg because I'm so tough GRRRRRR. Oh Sam, you big blockheaded pyramid ball player, I'm going to fall for you in all of 2 days while traipsing the wilderness with your hot studliness, marry you after a drunken night with Lee, just shut you out when I get bored of your plank of wood jock personality, but when I get a chance for something meaningful with Lee I must protect this precious marriage I have with Sam out of reverence for some religious rule, you know rules, the things I BREAK EVERY FRAKKING SECOND OF MY LIFE BUT NOT THIS TIME JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO GIVE JOCK A FRAKKING ANEURYSM OVER MY INCONSISTENCIES. Oh by the way, HOW DARE YOU ADAMA, NOT TRUSTING ME WHEN I SHOW UP IN THIS BRAND NEW SHIP AFTER 2 MONTHS AND CLAIMING TO SEE EARTH. I've been nothing but a paragon of inconsistency and untrustworthiness and substance abuse and mental instability my entire life and since you don't trust me on my whims I'm totes cutting you off!"

Bit too much coffee this morning.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Weeeeelllll, when you put it like that :biggrin:

Personally I found Lee to be a bit of a tosspot character.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, never been a fan of Golden Boys. Although I loved it when he got fat. Chubby Lee is my favorite Lee.

If I have a favorite character, it's probably Dr. Cottle. What a wonderful crotchety old man.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm up to season 3.

Admiral Adama: ISFJ
Lee Adama: ISTJ
Dr. Baltar: ENTP
Laura Roslin: ENFJ
Athena: ISFJ
Helo: ISFP
Chief Tyrol: ISFJ
Colonel Tigh: ISTP
Sam T. Anders: ESFP

I used to not like Baltar very much, but at least he's entertaining and his storyline is far more complex/interesting as he gets more Cylon time, which for me is the best aspect of the series. Number 1 is probably my favorite.

Another minor complaint is the retardation of Cylons during the occupation. I'm supposed to believe the machines are this inept in their analysis of how to control a human population? You want the humans to like you? Build them some houses. Not rocket surgery.

Regardless, the whole series is fascinating to me despite there being an absence of enjoyable characters. I'm hoping the explanation for the Cylons' religious thoughts and culture is revealed because that's been a curiosity of mine since the beginning. As always, I'm far more interested in the motivations and existence of the antagonists than I am concerned with the humans.

Those all sound pretty accurate. Though I might switch Adama and Lee.

I didn't hate Starbuck, but I didn't care that much for her. There are better kickass female characters out there that aren't so grating.

As for the Cylons:

Number Six: INTJ
Number Eight: INFP
Number One: ISTJ
Number Two: ENFP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The Cylon typings are interesting. I don't really know how to go with some of them, simply because Six and Eight especially seem to be split. Are Athena/Boomer same type? Those two completely diverged. Same with "real" Six vs Baltar's "imaginary" [still not sure what's up with that, but hope to find out] Six. Baltar's Six does seem INTJ, while real world Six seems like a head over heels NFP. Very bizarre.