• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen King

• Thread starter Infinite Bubble
  • Start date

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INJ 5w4 is my best guess.

INJ for sure I would think since his Ni conceptualizes some of the craziest creations you will ever see within the literary world as well as his intensive introspective powers.

5w4 also seems fairly obvious since he is a good mix of a rational thinker and a passionate dreamer.

Jaguar

It's your option to delete a post, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's your option to delete a post, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.

:holy: I have that book, as well. And I agree, even if interpretations might still lead to differing conclusions about his type. Regardless of type, to really familiarize yourself with his processing, that book is a fantastic resource.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's your option to delete a post, but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.

Great book.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read the Shining. And Pet Sematary (not sure if i finished this one).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks guys. I second-guessed myself and really didn't think anyone had seen the post, so deleted it. On Writing is an awesome book in which King reveals a lot about himself, his motivations, his methods and his cognitive processes. The part I second-guessed was my own conclusion. I first thought INTJ but after reading someone else's post talking about his style being P, I wavered. I don't really think he is an extrovert, as someone suggested, not because extroverts don't write. That's ridiculous. One of my dear friends is an ENFP who makes about a 100,000 a year writing. She just has to have an active social life when she's not at the keyboard. Extroverts can certainly write. However, there were many hints in On Writing that indicate King has an introverted nature. He also talks about how he would have given up long ago if not for his wife, Tabitha, who consistently kicks his metaphorical butt, calls him on the carpet when he writes crap and makes him stick with a project until its finished. He also talks about how Tabitha was the one who pulled him back for the brink of drugs and alcohol. So, I began to think that maybe it is Tabitha who is the strong "fixed" type and that she has kept him grounded and functioning.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks guys. I second-guessed myself and really didn't think anyone had seen the post, so deleted it. On Writing is an awesome book in which King reveals a lot about himself, his motivations, his methods and his cognitive processes. The part I second-guessed was my own conclusion. I first thought INTJ but after reading someone else's post talking about his style being P, I wavered. I don't really think he is an extrovert, as someone suggested, not because extroverts don't write.

The extrovert thing was said more to instigate conversation past the "Oh yeah, he's an ISTP 2s1 blah blah blah!!!" level, honestly. At least it got people to think a little.

He also talks about how Tabitha was the one who pulled him back for the brink of drugs and alcohol. So, I began to think that maybe it is Tabitha who is the strong "fixed" type and that she has kept him grounded and functioning.

She's a writer too, but at a far far slower and precise pace than him. I would definitely say she is the grounded, stable one. He was really messed up on drugs and booze for awhile and from what I understood did some of his writing while flying pretty high, buzzing along at an impossible clip... I mean, jeez... for awhile he was pumping out books like an entire nation of Asian sweatshops. I wondered how he could keep that pace going.

It would be interesting to compare Je vs Pe styles of writing, regardless of someone's MBTI type.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
The extrovert thing was said more to instigate conversation past the "Oh yeah, he's an ISTP 2s1 blah blah blah!!!" level, honestly. At least it got people to think a little.

She's a writer too, but at a far far slower and precise pace than him. I would definitely say she is the grounded, stable one. He was really messed up on drugs and booze for awhile and from what I understood did some of his writing while flying pretty high, buzzing along at an impossible clip... I mean, jeez... for awhile he was pumping out books like an entire nation of Asian sweatshops. I wondered how he could keep that pace going.

It would be interesting to compare Je vs Pe styles of writing, regardless of someone's MBTI type.

Jennifer, I too would be interested in comparing J vs. P styles of writing. That would be a very interesting study. So, where do we begin?