• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Kobe Bryant?

What type is Kobe Bryant?

• INTJ

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• ISTP

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • INFJ

• ISFJ

• INFP

• ISFP

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ENTJ

• ESTJ

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ENTP

• ESTP

• ENFJ

• ESFJ

• ENFP

• ESFP

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never seen a basketball player with a better belief that anything we dream can be achieved than Kobe Bryant who throughout his career has grown to greatness beyond measure.
I think the most interesting case of all though to analyze would be Kobe Bryant.

A lot of people seem to think Kobe is some type of ISTx, but I'm not so sure.

I just recently read a book titled, "The Kobe Code", and within it, I discovered that he's the most misunderstood superstar in the history of basketball.

He has this incredible vision of what it is he wishes to accomplish, this tenacious drive towards complete self-mastery, and an unprecedentedly powerful strength of will.

So what type do I think Kobe Bryant is?

Of course, I'm sure most of you folks probably disagree, and that's okay, just say why you think Kobe is something different.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe Bryant is historically the bestest basketball player in the world.

It's a wonder then that nobody has posted here yet.

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to post a big long 4 video list of random Kobe videos below:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
kobe_bryant_wallpaper_by_angelmaker666-d485ql3.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe Bryant
Kobe said:
Kobe Bean Bryant (born August 23, 1978) is an American professional basketball player who plays shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Bryant enjoyed a successful high school basketball career at Lower Merion High School, where he was recognized as the top high school basketball player in the country. He declared his eligibility for the NBA Draft upon graduation, and was selected with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets, then traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. As a rookie, Bryant earned himself a reputation as a high-flyer and a fan favorite by winning the 1997 Slam Dunk Contest.

Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal led the Lakers to three consecutive NBA championships from 2000 to 2002. A heated feud between the duo and a loss in the 2004 NBA Finals was followed by O'Neal's trade from the Lakers after the 2003–04 season. Following O'Neal's departure Bryant became the cornerstone of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise. He led the NBA in scoring during the 2005–06 and 2006–07 seasons, setting numerous scoring records in the process. In 2006, Bryant scored a career-high 81 points against the Toronto Raptors, the second most points scored in a single game in NBA history, second only to Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game in 1962. He was awarded the regular season's Most Valuable Player Award (MVP) in 2008. After losing in the 2008 NBA Finals, Bryant led the Lakers to two consecutive championships in 2009 and 2010, earning the NBA Finals MVP Award on both occasions.

As of June 2012[update], Bryant ranks third and fifth on the league's all-time post-season scoring and all-time regular season scoring lists, respectively. At 34 years and 104 days of age, he became the youngest player in league history to reach 30,000 career points. He is also the all-time leading scorer in Lakers franchise history. Since his second year in the league, Bryant has been selected to start every NBA All-Star Game that has been held in the last fourteen years. He has won the All-Star MVP Award four times (2002, 2007, 2009, and 2011), tying him for the most All Star MVP Awards in NBA history. He is a 14-time member of the All-NBA team and an 12-time member of the All-Defensive team; he is also the youngest player ever to receive defensive honors. At the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, he won gold medals as a member of the USA national team. In 2009, Sporting News and TNT named Bryant the top NBA player of the 2000s (decade).
source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe Bryant Quotes

Kobe Bryant Quotes said:
I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
Kobe Bryant

Win, Whatever, Whether Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
Kobe Bryant

Negative, Rise, Pressure I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.
Kobe Bryant

Next, Jordan, Bryant These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.
Kobe Bryant

Young, Playing, Guys My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
Kobe Bryant

Parents, Still, Group There's been a lot of talk of me being a one-man show but that's simply not the case. We win games when I score 40 points and we've won when I score 10.
Kobe Bryant

Win, Talk, Show I'm chasing perfection.
Kobe Bryant

Perfection, Chasing Everyone looks at your watch and it represents who you are, your values and your personal style.
Kobe Bryant

Everyone, Personal, Values I've played with IVs before, during and after games. I've played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball. I don't miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn't that serious in the first place.
Kobe Bryant

Before, After, Place I'm not the most patient of people.
Kobe Bryant

Patient I draw from the crowd a lot.
Kobe Bryant

Draw, Crowd If I panic, everyone else panics.
Kobe Bryant

Else, Everyone, Panic It's different from being 21 and you think there's endless amount of opportunities. At 33, the ending is much, much closer.
Kobe Bryant

Different, Ending, Endless The Black Mamba collection of watches is me: It is my alter ego, so to speak. As I mentioned before, it is sharp, cutting edge and sleek which are characteristics I try to apply when I'm out there on the basketball court.
Kobe Bryant

Ego, Black, Basketball We all know what flopping is when we see it. The stuff that you see is where guys aren't really getting hit at all and are just flailing around like a fish out of water.
Kobe Bryant
source - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/k/kobe_bryant.html

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've gone and done some of my own research on him just now. I can't say I'll be able to type him properly, but I'm thinking IxTJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've gone and done some of my own research on him just now. I can't say I'll be able to type him properly, but I'm thinking IxTJ.

That is actually a very reasonable hypothesis. Personally though, I would say INTJ, since he for one is rather radical and tenacious, intensely visualizes everything in his mind before executing it, always views challenges as an opportunity to rise to a higher level, and seeks to fulfill his full potential, without dwelling on past mistakes, but rather moving forward and maximizing achievement.

And more than anything, Kobe has an incredible strength of will, and is the one player for who the impossible is nothing. Kobe isn't scared of climbing mountains. He's scared of a lack of mountains. Such things only further fuel the competitive fire of Kobe, which has never dimmed or waned in intensity over all his 17 years of playing basketball.

The above description I just made for Kobe seems like it could probably fit either ITJ type, though I think it correlates overall at least a little bit better with INTJ, though if you wish, you can develop counter-arguments for ISTJ (or any other type if you changed your mind).

There's also an interesting book I read recently called "The Kobe Code", discussing Kobe's philosophies, with a description I'm posting below (you don't need to read the book, but at least take a look at the description), and then maybe you could decide which ITJ:
Strength & Honor. Not just words from the movie Gladiator but a code that NBA player and Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant seems to live by. He even signs fan letters with this mantra. That's because Kobe embodies everything that makes a real warrior.

“Veni. Vedi. Vici.” That phrase is Latin for “I came, I saw, I conquered.” More words the warrior Kobe follows. These phrases are glimpses into Kobe’s true nature, the philosophy that guides him, and the gladiator's path he walks each day of his life. There is a reason why excellence is a way of being for this superstar. This is the real essence of the Kobe Bryant.

In this spirit, sportswriter and author Pat Mixon has written an unauthorized look at Kobe Bryant. But THE KOBE CODE takes a unique spin on the traditional biography. Rather than simply recap the history of Kobe, this intriguing & fascinating book provides insight and perspective into how Kobe approaches his life, both on and off the court, and what makes him really tick. And, you’ll learn what really separates Kobe from other NBA players and where his inner drive is derived.

This book came about because Pat found Kobe to be one of the most intriguing and fascinating athletes of any time. He kept asking the question: what is Kobe doing that is separating him from the rest of the pack? What is going on both physically and mentally with this superstar that creates such excellence?

And, Pat wanted to know what really drives Kobe, where that hunger and intensity was derived. Lastly, Pat wanted to know if Kobe's perception by the media was right or wrong. Pat's discovery will surprise you.

Additionally, by highlighting Eight Principles For Success pulled from various stages or situations in Kobe’s life, this exciting new book allows the reader to apply some of these practices to their own life.

You’ll also discover why Kobe considers himself a “talented overachiever” as well as feeling like “an outcast” all his life. And, once and for all, you'll understand why Kobe has been so incredibly misunderstood. THE KOBE CODE will change your perception of this NBA superstar.

Using life lessons from Kobe’s example, THE KOBE CODE will teach you how to increase your confidence, overcome your daily challenges, live with passion and purpose, and realize your goals.

In this inspiring and practical guide, you'll learn the Eight Principles For Success that highlight Kobe’s life. The number eight is significant in this superstar’s life. It was his jersey number when he entered the NBA. Also, in Eastern philosophies, the number eight represents infinity. The Eight Principles are:

1. Have a Gladiator Mentality & Welcome All Challenges.
2. Know What Fuels You, What Drives You.
3. Fear is a Great Motivator.
4. Be A Talented Overachiever.
5. Accept Your Nature.
6. Honor the Game.
7. Master Your Craft.
8. Live With Passion.

To add more depth to learning about Kobe’s life, you will also discover things that the general public doesn’t necessarily know or isn’t common knowledge, such as:

-What is Kobe's Workout Schedule? What is his diet?
-How does Kobe spend a Game Day? You'll learn how he spends all the hours leading up to a Home Game.
-Kobe’s mental approach. Learn what truly sets Kobe apart. You’ll discover what Kobe does to prepare his mind and focus related to the mental aspect of basketball.
-Find out why Kobe believes in making shots, not taking shots.
-How Kobe prepares. You'll watch his Film Study and you'll see his practice sessions.
-What Kobe does off the court- where and how he spends his time & what things besides basketball interest him.
-Lastly, you’ll discover Kobe’s thoughts on retiring.

THE KOBE CODE can teach you how to walk the walk of the warrior life. It’s a proven road map that you can use to achieve any goal you desire. This book is almost a spiritual guidebook, a warrior's manual, or possibly even a modern day "The Art of War" handbook.

And, like Kobe, this book is on the leading edge and Interactive.
source - http://www.amazon.com/The-Kobe-Code-Principles-ebook/dp/B004A155XC

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is actually a very reasonable hypothesis. Personally though, I would say INTJ, since he for one is rather radical and tenacious, intensely visualizes everything in his mind before executing it, always views challenges as an opportunity to rise to a higher level, and seeks to fulfill his full potential, without dwelling on past mistakes, but rather moving forward and maximizing achievement.

Yes, INTJ is more likely. There was one quote in the second video that made me think he might be ISTJ: 'Basketball is my sanctuary, my refuge. I go back to being a kid on the playground. When I get here, it's all good.' That's pretty much the only thing which points to ISTJ.

surfing_usa_timez

MBTI Type
EwwP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Total competitive ISFP. ESFJ and ESFP in a close second. He seems super SFP to me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Kobe Code: Eight Principles For Success