• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edgar Cayce - INFJ?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm surprised no one mentions Edgar Cayce as a textbook example of INFJ. The similarities are pretty astonishing, really.
Edgar Cayce - The Sleeping Prophet

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Absolutely. You are right. Now, I'm wondering the same thing. He does seem to be a textbook example and maybe Nostradomus, too.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely. You are right. Now, I'm wondering the same thing. He does seem to be a textbook example and maybe Nostradomus, too.

Do you believe all of the predictions made by folks like Cayce and Nostradamus are valid, or would you consider some of their visions false prophecies? If there really is truth to their claims, it seems in the future we could be in for some serious trouble, but then again, there could also be an awakening of sorts.

Anyway, concerning the future, this is a quote made by another prophet of sorts I enjoy:
Tesla said:
What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?

Whatever the future may hold in store, one thing is for sure, and that is the great importance of connecting with the divine source, whatever that may be, as we reach its level of power, and as it reveals the secrets of creation to us, as well as all who seek it and strive to live righteously.

Personally, I have a preference for possibility over destiny, a spectrum or a horizon of sorts, rather than a rabbit hole or a tunnel with a light at the end.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Do you believe all of the predictions made by folks like Cayce and Nostradamus are valid, or would you consider some of their visions false prophecies?

I do not believe that all of them were valid. For sure, some of their predictions were accurate, but I think seeing glimpses of a possible future is like seeing glimpses of a movie trailer. You never get the whole picture and sometimes the movie is better or worse than you thought it was going to be. So, it's not so much that they were false prophets, only that they didn't see the whole picture. However, there are LOTS of so-called psychics out there who are as flaky as a box of cereal. I do believe it is possible to see glimpses of the future, or at least "a future" but the way the future plays out is always shifting until it becomes the past and even then it shifts, depending on who's reporting on what has actually transpired.

I like the Tesla quote and I agree with you on this, "Personally, I have a preference for possibility over destiny, a spectrum or a horizon of sorts, rather than a rabbit hole or a tunnel with a light at the end." Beautifully said.

I believe we are more than body and brain, flesh and blood and intellect. There is an intangible part of us that is pure energy, essence(chi)...spirit...divine...and that part of us is not bound by time/space or the laws of the physical universe [laws of the spiritual universe, now that's a whole other story]. That is the part of us that knows where a course of action will ultimately lead, where a decision will take us. However, it is sometimes HARD to be tuned in to that part of ourselves when we are housed in a physical body in a physical world, therefore we can only understand in glimpses and try to sort them out using our physical minds.

I think if we do what you said and connect with the Divine Source, then the future is nothing to fear. Time becomes for us like the spoon in the Matrix.

KDude

'I thought he might be INTJ. From what I know, he wasn't all that involved with people, except indirectly. He usually ended his "prophecies" with a prescription or recipe of sorts too. He focused on problem solving with his strange insights, not directing the social space.