• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Full Metal Jacket

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I was watching full metal jacket and reading Eric B's stuff about temperament and I think I have a theory that supports the relationship between Pvt.Pile and Sgt.Hartman in the movie.

Pvt.Pile = MelancholySupine = INFJ = NiFeTiSe = Conceptual patterns that are hospitable
Sgt.Hartman = PureCholeric = ENTJ = TeNiSeFi = Conceptual patterns that are efficient

They're basically the exact opposite of eachother, Pile wants safety but he's thrust into the marine corps where he is forced into a system of efficiency. This most likely explains their relationship and why Hartman singles him out; because he is the exact opposite of the ideal marine or how he would view an ideal marine.

1f6mN

In before I'm completely wrong.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sgt. Heartman was an ESTJ 8w7 SO/SP, and I have no idea what private pile was. He seemed like a core 6w7 though.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see INFJ for Private Pyle. EII-Ne as for his socionics, his inferior se making it difficult for him to pull through in a tough, militaristic environment. 9w1-2w1-6w5 sp/so.

Hartman- ESTJ 8w9-3w4-7w8 SLE-Se so/sx

Joker- xNTP 7w8-4w5-9w8 sx/sp

Animal Mother ESTP 8w9-2w1-1w2 so/sp