• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bachelorette Deanna Pappas - INFJ?

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Since I've been reading this forum, I think I have gotten much better at spotting my own type, and I've spotted one - The Bachelorette, Deanna Pappas.

Here are the reasons I suspect her type is INFJ:

On the first episode, one of the guys admitted to her during their first conversation that he had been divorced. Her reaction was to admire him for his honesty rather than take his divorce as a negative.

Deanna is very strong, independent and opinionated, although careful of what she says.

She has responded well when guys have opened up to her, i.e. one of her suitors made the difficult admission that his mother (whom he was very close to) had passed away, and his father had passed away as well. Deanna was nearly moved to tears and awarded him a rose for his candor. Later when she found out some of the guys were giving him a hard time, she came to his defense and explained that he had admitted something very difficult and private to her and she appreciated it.

On last night's show one of the guys admitted he had a 3-year old son, something he had been holding back until he felt it was the right time to tell her. During the same conversation he asked her about her mother's death, and she opened up emotionally and gave him a detailed account of the circumstances and her feelings during the ordeal. She mentioned to him that he was the only guy she had ever dated that had asked her about her mother. She said privately to the camera later that his opening up about his son gave her the comfort level she needed to share her feelings about her mother's death. Later on she presented him with a star named in his child's honor, explaining that she wanted him to know she was allright with it.

She took the guys on the Ellen show, and Ellen expressed concern about one of the guys who seems to have a great deal of trouble expressing himself emotionally. Ellen stated that she was concerned he might not be able to give Deanna what she needs.

One of her suitors mentioned to her that he was not a wealthy man, but was very happy being a schoolteacher. She told him his happiness was much more important to her than his income.

Lastly, one of the guys told her last night, "I know you think you're always right," and her reply was, "I am always right," said with a smile, of course.

I know there have been other things, these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. For anyone who is interested, the Bachelorette is on Monday nights.

awy

MBTI Type
INFJ
She's definitely sensory. There's nothing dreamy/intuitive about her. ISFJ maybe.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would go for ISFJ too.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hhhmmm... I suppose I never considered the possibility that Deanna is an S since so much of what she says resonates with me. In contrast, Trista never said anything that resonated with me.

May I ask, what is it about her that seems more SJ to you rather than NF?

My mother in law is an ISFJ and I would say that she is generally submissive and sweet and rarely expresses a strong, controversial opinion. I have tried(really tried) to share in-depth conversations with her and it just doesn't happen. For example, when my grandmother died, I broached the very painful subject with my MIL, and she changed the subject pretty quickly. The type of probing questions that Deanna poses just don't seem typical of an SJ. :thinking: