• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Joffrey Tyrant/Psychopath

I hate this guy so much, just want to slap him.
He seems ENFJ to me

King Robert is ESFP. He doesn't like disputes. When his wife ordered to kill the shadow wolves, he agreed with her just to keep harmony.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm with the camp that believes Jon Snow to be an ENTJ. My reasoning based on this are found here.

I sense that most of the people describing him as an INFJ are basing this on the series. As the story goes on, (I've read all five books), however, he does things that seem like something someone more comfortable with logic than ethics would do. Some of that, I think, will start to show this this season on the show.

I think people just take his strong sense of fairness, and then assume "Oh, he must be an NF." However, NT morality can actually place a strong emphasis on fairness. Fairness is actually a very systematic system of morality. Not all NT's are intent on becoming Randian superman, you know.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
yup

Jon Snow ENTJ
noooo! I?FJ

Arya Stark ISTP
ISFP she's extremely Fi. she looks ISTP because she's a 7w8 tomboy, but I see no Ti in her

Ned Stark ISTJ
without a doubt

Bran Stark INFP
I thought ISFP. INFP could work

Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
I think she's I?FP. she doesn't display her feelings like an FJ

Samwell Tarly INFJ
ENFP

Jaime Lannister ESTP
yes, possibly ESFP

Cersei Lannister ENTJ
I think INTJ, but ENTJ works

Tywin Lannister INTJ
definitely a xxTJ, I think ESTJ personally

Sansa Stark ENFJ
some sort of IxFx

Catelyn Stark ESFJ
IS?J

Robert Baratheon ESTP
ESFP

Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
noo, an ES?P who is an ENTJ wannabe

Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
yes, and a more realistic portrayal of INTJ at that. (most of the the examples people think are INTJ are actually ENTJ, usually an ENTJ bent on world domination). he captures the more sensitive, sentimental side of INTJ left out of most of the descriptions which make them all sound 8w7 Sp/Sx with a 3w4 fix

Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
really? I saw him an ENTJ

The Red Priestess INFJ
probably

Theon Greyjoy ESTP
I have trouble seeing him as a T. if he's ESTP, he's in a SEVERE Se/Fe loop

Brienne ISFJ
ISTJ

Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP
nooo, he's too FP to function (plus he's gay, and all cute gay guys are FPs :newwink: )

Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP
who was this again?

R

Riva

I absolutely love the show. Haven't read the books though.

Some disagreements I had but others seem to agree on are (i'm typing from the show and not the books) -

Littlefinger typed as intj do to his planning skills (the man with the plan he is called). But he seems more like a moment grabber who waits for the tides to turn, collects information and makes friends just in case (for future 'possibilities') than to serve a definite plan. His methods of manipulation have an extreme salesman pitch which is not commonly seen in intjs. The best example to my 1st point was his attempt to get rid of jeoffry which was more opportunistic than carefully planned. He is extremely different to benjamin linus who has been compared to him in this thread. Benjamin linus did a lot of things which appeared completely unrelated but apparently wasn't so in the end. It is possible that the actor's acting is confusing me. Also I though eddard stark was an isfj and not istj.

Nicodemus

Some disagreements I had but others seem to agree on are (i'm typing from the show and not the books) -

Littlefinger typed as intj do to his planning skills (the man with the plan he is called). But he seems more like a moment grabber who waits for the tides to turn, collects information and makes friends just in case (for future 'possibilities') than to serve a definite plan. His methods of manipulation have an extreme salesman pitch which is not commonly seen in intjs. The best example to my 1st point was his attempt to get rid of jeoffry which was more opportunistic than carefully planned. He is extremely different to benjamin linus who has been compared to him in this thread. Benjamin linus did a lot of things which appeared completely unrelated but apparently wasn't so in the end. It is possible that the actor's acting is confusing me. Also I though eddard stark was an isfj and not istj.
You have not seen the whole Littlefinger yet. Heed Varys' words from the most recent episode.

R

Riva

You have not seen the whole Littlefinger yet. Heed Varys' words from the most recent episode.
Well I haven't completed the 3rd season yet. Assuming he is an intj is it safe to assume he is so/sx and i'm interested to know his etype too. He has an extroverted vibe which really genuinely seem extroverted. Of course this could the actor. Maybe entj?

Nicodemus

In the books, Littlefinger has style; in the TV show, he merely has manners. He is also a lot more secretive - read: circumspect - in the books.

titanguy

MBTI Type
Enfp
Jon Snow...is an IxFP.

I can't believe I saw him getting pegged as an ENTJ, Lol.

Sunny Ghost

Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
Jon Snow ISFP
Arya Stark ISTP Though in the beginning of the books, she seems more Fi. She becomes more Ti with age, it seems. Either is possible, and perhaps children are too young to type, even when they are fictional characters.
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister InTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ISFJ or... INFP. Definitely a feeler and Si/Ne in some combination.
Catelyn Stark ENFJ
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ Someone dumb. Not sure which type.
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
The Mountain ISTJ Don't know enough about this character to decide a type. Only up to book 2.
The Hound ISTJ Really? ISTJ? He's a soldier and listens to his orders. But he questions it quite a bit too. And he seems to despise authority.
The Red Viper ENTP Not sure who this character is yet. :x
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP I've considered ESFP, too.
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTP
Brienne ISFP
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” xSFP
Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP

Also:
Renly Baratheon xxFP
Varys ENFJ. Or INFJ
Lord Frey... maybe INTJ
Bronn ISTP
Shae maybe an ESFP
Margaery Tyrell INFJ
Viscerys Targaryean ? Is loser a type?
Khal Drogo ESTP
Olenna ENTJ
Ser Jorah Mormont xSxx I lean towards him being an SP rather than an SJ. But I'm not too certain with him.

Jon Snow...is an IxFP.

I can't believe I saw him getting pegged as an ENTJ, Lol.
Completely agreed!! And I lean more towards ISFP. He's action oriented and lives by his sword. Dreamed of being a ranger. He holds on to so many feelings and is gentle with those more vulnerable, like Sam.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Hound: ISTP
Sansa Stark: ISFJ
Ned Stark: ISTJ
Robert Baratheon: ESFP
Jaime Lannister: ESTP
Samwell Tarly: INTP (author avatar, obviously)
Asha/Yara Greyjoy: ENTx They changed some things in the show at the end of last season, though, so who knows if they are sticking with that story-line.

Coming this season:

Oberyn Martell (the aforementioned Red Viper): ENTP

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ
Robb Stark - ESTJ
Bran Stark - ISFP
Sansa Stark - ENFJ
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price)
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?)

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?)
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop)

Varys - INFJ
Littlefinger - INTJ
Red Lady - INFJ
Pycelle - ESFJ
Qyburn - INTP
Daenerys - INFP
Mormont - ISFJ
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ
The Hound - ISTP
The Mountain - ISTx
Bronn - ISTP

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic)
Renly Baratheon - ENFP
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ

Sunny Ghost

Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ
Robb Stark - ESTJ
Bran Stark - ISFP
Sansa Stark - ENFJ
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price)
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?)

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?)
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop)

Varys - INFJ
Littlefinger - INTJ
Red Lady - INFJ
Pycelle - ESFJ
Qyburn - INTP
Daenerys - INFP
Mormont - ISFJ
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ
The Hound - ISTP
The Mountain - ISTx
Bronn - ISTP

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic)
Renly Baratheon - ENFP
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ

I think you're right about Jaime Lannister, Robert Baratheon and Joffrey Lannister. Se-Te loop makes sense. Definitely a unhealthy version of whatever type he is, and that ones makes sense. I can really only speak from an ISFP's point of view and not an Se-dom point of view, but yes, Se types can/are retrospective.

Also:
Bran is so an INFP, in my opinion.
And Daenaerys is so an INFJ.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ned Stark - ISTJ Yes
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ Yes
Robb Stark - ESTJ Yes
Bran Stark - ISFP Yes
Sansa Stark - ENFJ Yes
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price) Yes
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?) Yes

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP Yes
Tywin Lannister - INTJ No. ESTJ. A traditionally minded, severe, hyper-competent administrator
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ ESFJ pretending to be an INTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?) Yes and Yes
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ ISFJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop) Yes

Varys - INFJ Good One
Littlefinger - INTJ ENTP. Too opportunistic to be a J. He doesn't control, he adapts
Red Lady - INFJ Yes
Pycelle - ESFJ Or ISFJ
Qyburn - INTP Yes
Daenerys - INFP No. A charismatic fe user, not a dreamy fi user. XNFJ, probably INFJ
Mormont - ISFJ Yes
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ ISTJ
The Hound - ISTP Yes
The Mountain - ISTx ESTJ
Bronn - ISTP Yes

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic) He's actually very adroit and logical. ESTP
Renly Baratheon - ENFP ENFJ
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ Well, duh.
On the whole, good typing.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Now it all seems clear to me. Ned is screaming ISFJ and Catelyn's the ISTJ.
Thanks to funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com

Fe: He is a peacemaker who doesn’t like conflict and strives to avoid it. He warns even Cercei of his impending actions, since he doesn’t desire her or her children harm. Ned believes in fairness and in hearing both sides; he isn’t afraid to doll out justice and punishment when needed, and to act harshly, but he never enjoys it. Ned objects to killing without mercy or trial. He has a hard time saying no when appointed to a position that takes him far from home, and strives to protect his daughters above all.

Te: She is a woman of action, who makes whatever she wants to happen a reality. Catelyn uses the world around her and the people in it to execute her ideas; she recruits others to take Tyrion Lannister prisoner; she helps her son form strategies; and she surrenders to her sister’s authority in the trial. Catelyn stands by the governing laws that surround her, sometimes relying on them so heavily it endangers her life when others violate them.

napo_leon

On the whole, good typing.
Thank God someone sees Littlefinger as an ENTP. I also agree with those types. Also I think that Cersei is an extremely unhealthy ESFJ who wants to be a man but she can't be, so she behaves like an ESTP (she idolises her brother) and some times as an ESTJ (she likes to think of herself as her father's daughter) and not as an INTJ. But that's nitpicking.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

napo_leon

I have read all the books so far and I still see him as an ENTP. Of course he has long plans, but we ENTPs can have long plans as well. But he is way to opportunistic and adaptable to be INTJ or ENTJ, if you have those types in your mind.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
INTJ.

Like a master chess player, Littlefinger waits for his opponent to make the wrong move...
It's isn't opportunity as much as it is foresight.

You better believe he's controlling events (see season 1 with the dagger leading to the arrest of Tyrion, maneuvering Lord Stark to investigate the Cersei/Jaime affair which led to the Stark insurrection) but it is so subtle and under-the-radar that you don't notice it until it is too late...he is an amoral monster who has one objective and that makes him a very dangerous person--perhaps the most dangerous man in all of Westeros.

I like this guy.

R

Riva

I read half if the book two and was shocked as to how boring the books were and how terrible some of the castings were.

However it's still a brilliant book and most if the castings were spot on.

[MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] we discussed this earlier in case you don't remember: from my experience (esp after reading one if the books of this particular series) is that it us better to read the book before seeing any of the screen adaptations.