• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wizard of Oz characters

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Dorothy INFP
The Scarecrow INTP
The Tin Man ISFJ
The Cowardly Lion ESFJ
The Wizard ENTP
The Wicked Witch INTJ
Glinda INFJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would agree with most of these, except Cowardly Lion is likely ESFP (maybe it was just the fact that his cowardliness led him to be so inconsistent in his actions), not sure though.
Haven't seen this movie in such a long time!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same problems with trying to type archetypical characters...

... but actually, these are pretty good. And the same uncertainty with the Lion. He seems more ESFP overall for the following reason.

Remember function use? ESFP and ESFJ are actually VERY different from each other, not close at all.
ESFP = Se + Fi
ESFJ = Fe + Si
The lion is not Fe, he's Se primarily in his behavior.

However, because his role in the story is that of a guardian for Dorothy, I can see why that might give him a protective aura similar to ESFJ rather than the devil-may-care attitudes of many ESFPs.

... I can't believe you left out poor Toto. :(

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
A lot of people type the Tin Man as INFJ, but I have never understood why. I just thought I would mention it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A lot of people type the Tin Man as INFJ, but I have never understood why. I just thought I would mention it.

Well, in my case, it's because the Tin Man is the character a lot of people associate me with, and I presume myself to be INFJ. It's because I seem somewhat kind and concerned, but there's an oddly mechanical twinge to my thought processes and actions that makes me seem a bit quirky. This seems like something that can appear with most IJ types in my (admittedly limited) experience, however.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Dorothy esfj
Wicked witch intp or esfj using lower fuunctions