• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adventure Time - Cartoon Network animated television series

R

Riva

Watched this show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time

I love it, which I started watching recently. It really is filled with quite a lot of entertaining adventures and some extremely well developed characters. Lets try and type the main characters.

Finn the Human - ENFP
Jake the Dog - ESTP
Princess Bubblegum - XXFJ for sure. Probably ENFJ. (I haven't seen much of her.)
The Ice King - ? - Hard to type since he obviously
is a sociopath.
Marceline Abadeer - XXFP for sure. She screams Fi and is probably an ENFP enneagram 4.

I don't want go in to explanations as to why I have typed the characters the way I have unless someone else starts showing interest for the show/thread.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought fin was like an xstp

ice king seem inxj. I've only seen 8 episodes

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I hear the word adventure the thoughts that come to mind are not these silly cartoons but rather I think of Elder Scrolls video games!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Finn: EXFP
Jake: ESTP
Bubblegum: ENTJ
Ice King: Crazy INFP?
Marceline: XSFP

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finn seems like an ENFP. Jake is certainly an ESTP if I ever saw one. Not sure on other typings; I need to watch more episodes.

R

Riva

I thought fin was like an xstp

ice king seem inxj. I've only seen 8 episodes

In the 1st few episodes I thought he was some sort of an STP. The more seasons I've watched I realized that he is extremely idealistically driven. Of course even STP could become driven in the same way. Finn motives are always personal value based more than anything.

She strikes me as XXTJ, but I've only watched a couple of episodes.

Finn: EXFP
Jake: ESTP
Bubblegum: ENTJ
Ice King: Crazy INFP?
Marceline: XSFP

You both think Bubblegum princes is a TJ? How did that ever happen. I can see quite a lot of Fe in her up to an extent of seeing her as an ExFJ. Caring, kind, more concerned about the people around her than any other objective etc.

I'm not going in to details here unless otherwise someone indicates more interest on her type.

Finn seems like an ENFP. Jake is certainly an ESTP if I ever saw one. Not sure on other typings; I need to watch more episodes.

Amen to that.

Burger King

You both think Bubblegum princes is a TJ? How did that ever happen. I can see quite a lot of Fe in her up to an extent of seeing her as an ExFJ. Caring, kind, more concerned about the people around her than any other objective etc.

I see where you're coming from, but I still think TJ. I'm a bit lazy at the moment, so I'll come back to give my reasons later.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think finn is an ENFP, 9w1 prolly. Jake ESTP 7w6, bubblegum xNFJ 3/4 and yeah. Adventure time rules

R

Riva

I think finn is an ENFP, 9w1 prolly. Jake ESTP 7w6, bubblegum xNFJ 3/4 and yeah. Adventure time rules

9w1 for Finn. Are you sure? I am not very well read on enneagram types to argue with you on it though.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 for Finn. Are you sure? I am not very well read on enneagram types to argue with you on it though.

he doesn't seem to have the gusto 7s do, he could probably pass for one still. He seems more contained like a 9, originally why I thought he would be an INFP more...which he still might be. lol :shrug:

Burger King

I’ve only seen a couple of episodes with her in it, so I decided to look up some stuff to give a clearer picture.

Overall it seems she shows both extroverted thinking AND extroverted feeling usages. I guess that’s what I should come to expect when typing a cartoon character…or perhaps that’s what I should come to expect when using any type of theory that plays on intangibles like personality. However, just for fun and arguments sake, I’m gonna try to convince you that she has Te preference.

For starters, here are a couple of descriptions on one of those wikia sites (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Bubblegum):
She regularly organizes and attends events and showpieces such as scientific conferences, parties, and talent shows.
Princess Bubblegum is a highly cultured and educated ruler with an undying passion for science. In "Slumber Party Panic," she attempts to revive the dead Candy People, accidentally creating a horde of zombie Candy People instead. In her dedication, she sometimes drives herself to exhaustion with her experiments such as the perfect sandwich in "Five Short Graybles" and the eponymous character in "Goliad."
Even with her kind disposition, her moral code is not as strict as Finn's. She sometimes says morbid or inappropriate things, such as when Finn picks up a paralysis poison and she says, "That's paralyzing potion, Finn! Don't touch it, or it'll paralyze you forever!" and then giggles. Many darker things are briefly shown in several episodes such as skeletons cuffed to the walls in hidden chambers as shown in "Ricardio the Heart Guy." Also, in "What Have You Done?," she displays a non-hesitant willingness to torture Ice King.

So what you can derive from this is that she enjoys being directive, organizing events and such, as well as a strong inclination towards the sciences. This points to Te preference no? What better way to implement Te then in the realm of the sciences? The scientific method is practically laced with Te. Not saying that other types aren’t drawn to this, but it’s certainly saying something about her Te preference. The second and third quote basically speaks to the “ends justifies the mean” style, aka Te-dom/Fi-inferior.

I like this little description from Personalitynation:
ENTJs feel most at home when they:

A) Have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform efficiently,
B) Can visualize unique solutions to large-scale problems, and
C) Be given the administrative power to implement their ideas in practice.

From what I gather of her in some of the episodes and online info (see quotes above), she is this and then some. You can even compare and contrast her thoughts to some ENTJ/ENFJ examples online:

ENTJ - http://www.celebritytypes.com/entj.php
ENFJ - http://www.celebritytypes.com/enfj.php

From those examples, you can see the ENTJ types yappin’ on and on about responsibility, ambition, rationality, etc, and basically putting ‘objective logic’ over ‘subjective feeling’. Here’s a quote from her that supports this:
Finn, sometimes you want someone and you want to kiss them and be with them, but you can't because responsibility demands sacrifice.
It’s from one of the few episodes that I saw with her involved. It probably makes more sense in the context of the episode (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Burning_Low).

As for her being all Fe-ish, ultimately I don’t think that’s really the case. She’s a bit impersonal actually, seems kinda removed, and only superficially Fe. I think it’s just one of those “it’s the responsibility of the ruler to empathize with their people” type of thing. I can’t explain this one well, but I do know an ENTJ girl who seemed like this – very feminine, displayed concern for others, charming, but she was definitely Te-dom. They have this pseudo-Fe thing goin’ on.

So yeaah..that’s why I think she a TJ.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's interesting Loki. I would imagine she was more an FJ assuming the role of an TJ than the other way around. I'm actually thinking of ENFP as well with good tert Te.

Burger King

that's interesting Loki. I would imagine she was more an FJ assuming the role of an TJ than the other way around. I'm actually thinking of ENFP as well with good tert Te.

Yea. I didn't want to concede and admit that my initial guess was wrong though. Confirmation bias all day. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only character I care about is the Ice King.

That maniacal mastermind makes me jizz my pants in hilarity!

His evil schemes kind of remind me of Plankton from Spongebob, as they are quite clever in their design, but sadly, they always result in epic failure.

It seems he could be ENTJ or ENTP and 8w7 or 7w8, but let's go with the first in each list!

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched the episode 'Henchman'. The show is pretty cool, I should watch it more.
Not thaaat familiar with the characters..

Finn: ExFP (leaning S)

Jake: ExTP (leaning N)

Princess Bubblegum: ENTJ

Marceline: XNXP (she's the toughest for me to type. Some episodes she seems INFP, and sometimes, like in Henchmen, she seems totally ENTP. She's constantly trolling Finn and Jake just for the fun of it. N and P are the most solid letters. She's super abstract minded, and nothing about her is J)

Lumpy Space Princess: ESFP

Lemongrab: total ESTJ

Julgre96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Finn- ENFP
Jake- ESTP
Princess Bubblegum- ENTJ
Lumpy Space Princess- ENFJ
Lady Rainicorn- ESFJ
Ice King- INFP
Marceline- ISFP
BMO- INFJ
Flame Princess- ESFP

R

Riva

I love Marceline Abadeer. She reminds me of the only girl I have fallen in love with. Sadly she never loved nor liked me back. Sigh!

She's a enfp sx/so 6w7.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Adventure Time

I just love this show. Everyone is SO NICE

Finn - ISFP