• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luke is not So last. he is service oriented,

Service oriented, not social oriented.

cares about fitting in

Hum, no. When?

[quot] feels a sense of obligation toward the group[/quote]

No, not obligations. He does it only because he personally think it's important. He doesn't have problem to withdrawn from the group to follow a personal quest. He only feel urgency when his few closest bonds are threatened. Plus, on Tattoine he was reluctant about joining the rebellion, he prefered to saty at home. He only left Tattoine because his home was destroyed. When he wants to save leia, it's not for a social cause, just because he has a cruch on her.

rarely if ever considers self preservation.

The video I posted proves the contrary: he is misgiving about the food, smell it wondering if it's not bad, he initially refuses to join the rebellion because there's "things to do at the farm", his instincts drives him more to the realm of the home and the nuclear family than to the larger social world.

his focus is much more broad than the intense, narrowed in focus of an Sx/Sp.)

Hem, he is very silgle-minded and focused as Yoda explains it. Wether it is on Dagobah, in his fight with Vader, or in the Battle of Yavin. He is not a team player, he is the lone force who connect to something in an intense way and saves the day.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
you've made good points, I've changed my mind

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is merely about being a restless Perceiver. A ISFP craving adventure would look to the future too if he were bored by his current situation.

I'll meet you on the middle with that one. I think we can all agree he's an IxFP, and to be honest THAT trait / set of traits is probably more dominant in his personality than the S/N divide.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Behold the closest thing we have to Yoda and his philosophical insight!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Luke is most certainly ISFP 9w1 sx/sp. The only other type that I could possibly see for him would be ENFJ; he definitely has the whole Se/Ni things going, however I've never been entire sure if his F functions is of the extravert or introvert variety, although by gut says Fi.

Also, Yoda as Fe inferior? Bull shit; he's INFJ.

Not really sure on Harry Potter since I only read the first three books several years ago.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luke is most certainly ISFP 9w1 sx/sp. The only other type that I could possibly see for him would be ENFJ; he definitely has the whole Se/Ni things going, however I've never been entire sure if his F functions is of the extravert or introvert variety, although by gut says Fi.

Not really sure on Harry Potter since I only read the first three books several years ago.

true dat

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I wouldn't buy into any argument based on inferior functions, myself. Inferior is more about what a person lacks, and yet this lack disturbs them in some way. After putting a few moment's thought into Yoda's type and checking around, I can't seem to disagree with your INFJ call.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda never takes decisions based on value judgements. Only judgements based on principles. By opposition with the true feeler Luke S, Yoda don't act on emotional impulses, he knows how to stay calm and serenly analyse problems and make the good and objective decsision based on logical principles.

INFJs are Chart-The-Course, Yode is clearly Behind-The-Scene.

INFJs are warm, caring and nurturing, Yoda is harsh, unemotional and cerebral.

He's not INFJ, he's INTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Inferior is more about what a person lacks, .

No, it's not what we lack, it's what we repressed. And Yoda clearly repress feeling, see the difference with Luke. He just use it when he find logicaly accurate to do it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Hehe, i think we could create a "mistyping Yoda" thread.

Well, I should actually amend that.

What I really thought, when I first saw your post claiming INTP, was, "Why couldn't he be INFJ?"

I haven't really seen a strong argument from you as to why, other than, perhaps, the "behind the scenes" vs "chart the course" stuff.

I don't really know Beren's communications style stuff too well, though, so it's not enough for me to make a call based on just that.

I don't buy the feeling repression indicating inferior Fe stuff -- it's too simplistic.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it's not what we lack, it's what we repressed. And Yoda clearly repress feeling, see the difference with Luke. He just use it when he find logicaly accurate to do it.

No, Yoda repressed his feelings (a.k.a. attachments) because he is So/Sx.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I should actually amend that.

What I really thought, when I first saw your post claiming INTP, was, "Why couldn't he be INFJ?"

I haven't really seen a strong argument from you as to why, other than, perhaps, the "behind the scenes" vs "chart the course" stuff.

I don't really know Beren's communications style stuff too well, though, so it's not enough for me to make a call based on just that.

I don't buy the feeling repression indicating inferior Fe stuff -- it's too simplistic.

Simplistic?

Yoda, is not a F! Don't you see the contrast with Luke? Luke is emotional and impulsive, Yoda is analytical and detached.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yoda is one of the most kind-hearted, emotionally expressive characters in the series. But he's not effusive or histrionic, he is emotionally balanced. I don't see him as repressed in any way. Inferior isn't always repressed. Yoda has utterly none of the neurotic traits that result from repression. That doesn't mean he lacks an inferior function. His inferior is Se which I have only seen him express in healthy ways: a childlike playfulness at times and the healthy enjoyment of his senses. Yoda is what every neurotic INFJ naturally strives toward as an ideal.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"See the difference with Luke." While I can't agree that Yoda is repressed, I do see a clear difference between him and Luke. They are very different personalities in many ways, but they are both pensive introverts. Luke is not concerned with higher, spiritual matters as is Yoda who has attained one-ness with the universe. Luke just wants to save his friends.