• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mello is 3w4 Sx/So. that's why he's Madonna's favorite character :D

Faith is not weak. Faith in weakness is weak.
you know, I've been thinking about it for a while and, faith can sometimes be even more powerful than truth. at it's core, all motivation is irrational and driven by the the will and inner fire of an individual. faith can produce tremendous amounts of strength, charisma and sheer life force in ways that purely logical people have a much harder time grasping. that's why I'm glad to be an ENFP :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

That's why Fe and Fi are actual rational functions. They are faith in oneself and others. They are not truths because they are defined within something that does not truly know truth, but they are something that we believe should be taken in consideration. It is hope in our belief in truth, not truth itself.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Can I request another look at the instinctual variants?

L - Type 5

Self-Preservation
Chief defensive tendency is to withdraw. Sensitive to feeling saturated by the world, Fives with this subtype lose their sense of privacy easily. Can feel knocked over by people's expectations. In isolation they refind their lost sense of balance and build up to the next round of social stresses. More alienated than the other subtypes. May hide in books, live alone or need their own room where they can close themselves off. Take little from others. Sometimes thin. Likely to hoard time and space. Have solitary hobbies and interests, seek comfort and solace alone. Examples include: Kerry Fox, An Angel At My Table; Gena Rowlands, Another Woman; Robin Williams, Awakenings.

Intimate
Intimate Fives trust only a few people but then do so totally. Friendship is based on the sharing of confidences. Intimacy is equivalent to exchanging secrets. Can go from enigmatic, deliberate distance to intense, unguarded openness. Seductive invitation to sharing secrets; seek a total merging. When entranced can be a little kinky. A great movie example is James Spader in sex, lies and videotape. Sharing intimate sexual secrets is what he gets women to do on videotape. Both Monsieur Hire and Mr. Lemorne in The Vanishing show this theme albeit perversely. Ben Kingsley in Turtle Diary also enjoys secrecy and is a little more normal.

Social
Social Fives connect with groups of like-minded people. Enjoy living in the flow of a group interest, sharing knowledge and affiliations. May prefer specialized or esoteric areas of knowledge that exclude all but the initiated. Could live in high society, know the "right" people, belong to the best clubs. Might enjoy speaking a professional language that few people understand. Can be quite friendly but, at times, terrific snobs. Romanticize secret elitist group membership; concerned with titles, degrees, credentials, etc. Realm of academia. Peter O'Toole in Goodbye, Mr. Chips is a good movie example. Also, Anthony Hopkins in 84 Charing Cross Road.

Light - Type 1

Self-Preservation
Characterized by a tendency towards worry and negative anticipation, especially as it relates to material well-being. Can seem a little like Sixes. They fret about how to avoid making mistakes that could jeopardize survival. Petty, finicky quality; could seem "penny-wise and pound-foolish." Sense of being undeserving or inadequate - try to compensate with worry. As a parent or friend, they might be critical and nurturing by turns, wanting to protect you from the same negative consequences they worry about. Self-preservation Ones are not plentiful in movies, but some good examples are Hector Alterio in The Official Story, Melvyn Douglas in I Never Sang For My Father, Joel McCrea in Ride The High Country, and Jessica Tandy in Driving Miss Daisy.

Intimate
May be preoccupied with their romantic partner. Have high expectations based on having idealized their beloved. Their partner is supposed to be perfect man or woman. One's reaction is jealous judgment if their beloved acts in less-than-ideal ways. Jealous Ones may drive partners away with endless criticism. Can have a dependent tendency related to the low side of 2. Most intimate Ones have a 2 wing. Also there's a melancholy yearning and fear of abandonment fueling the One's criticism. Connection to the low side of 4. I found very few intimate Ones in movies but Geraldine Page in The Beguiled displays some of this theme. In The Official Story, Hector Alterio's basic subtype is self-preservation but he has eruptions of jealousy that are based on his high expectations of his wife. Also Cliff Robertson shows this theme to a degree in the movie Picnic.

Social
Social subtype Ones are everywhere in the movies, probably because they create dramatic friction. Characterized by a preoccupation with rules and how they should apply to (other) people's behavior. Tend to moralize and apply old standards inflexibly to each new situation. Believe they are representatives of a larger social order or tradition. They're not, of course - acting as if they represent the rules is their psychological defense. Usually had great uncertainty in childhood, at least one undependable parent. Made themselves rigid to feel strong, aligned with the rules to contain their anxiety. Tend to depersonalize their own feelings, hope to be above criticism. Social Ones can have either wing, though a 9 wing brings rules that are more abstract and inhuman-sounding. Examples in the movies include Glenn Close in The World According To Garp, Louise Fletcher in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Alec Guinness in The Bridge On The River Kwai, Raul Julia in Kiss Of The Spider Woman, Joan Plowright in Enchanted April, Jack Lemmon in Missing, Katharine Hepburn in Rooster Cogburn.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/chvar.htm

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Light Yagami: xNTJ, I think that Light is in the middle between the introversion and extroversion.
L: INTP, obiously
Misa: ENFJ, yeah, she is very intuitive i don´t know why all people think that she is sensitive.
Soichiro Yagami: ISFJ
Aizawa: ESFJ
Matsuda: ESFP
Watari: ISTJ
Ryuk: ENTP
Rem: INFJ
Near: INTJ
Mello: ENFJ
Takada: INFP
Teru Mikami: ISTJ

Nate River

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know there is already a thread for anime characters, but Death Note deserves it's own.

Light Yagami: INTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx

I have seen a lot of people type Light as an ENTJ instead of INTJ, and he does use people in order to spread Kira and I think that could be a sign of Extroversion. What are your thoughts?

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My best guesses:
Light - INTJ 1w9-3w4-5w6 sp/so
L - INTP 5w6 sp/sx
Near - INTJ 5w6
Mello - ESTP 8w7
Misa - ESFP 2w3 sx/so
Ryuk - ESTP 7w8
Rem - ISFJ
Mikami - ISTJ 1w9
Takada - ExFJ 3w4 so/sp
Soichiro Yagami - ISTJ (6w5?)
Matsuda - ESFP 7w6 so/sx
Sayu - ESFP

xaviergx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
L - INTP obvious
Light - ENTJ could be I but he is surely an NTJ
Mello - ENFP. He is ENFP to the max not a sign of Fe in him so you people saying he is ENFJ need to rewatch the show. I think he is an ENFP with an oddly developed Te but no way he isn't Ne-Fi. He is a psycho ENFP. He reminds me of myself and I am also sure he is 3w4(which would explain his odd use of Te)
Near - INTJ
Misa - ESFP she uses Se to the max.
Ryuk - ENTP
Matsuda - ESFP
Watari - INFJ.
Matt - ISTP or ESTP

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seriously though, Yagami Light is as ENTJ as it gets.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Light yagami is xnfp ennwagr eight
L is infj

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
The reason why I believe people say l is intp nrcause he is a five wing four but if you look,closer in the way he solves problems I believes it is ni which narrow downs scenarios and ti which involves pointing flaws in the death note