• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

MBTI Type
INxJ
Light: INxJ
L: INTP
Near: INTJ
Ryuk: ENTP
Rem: IxFJ

Does anyone have an idea why the Light we see at the beginning doesn't seem to act like the Light after giving up ownership of the death note? They seem like two completely different people.

Geno

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Light: INxJ
Near: INTJ
Rem: IxFJ

Does anyone have an idea why the Light we see at the beginning doesn't seem to act like the Light after giving up ownership of the death note? They seem like two completely different people.

Light with out the death note and with the death note are 2 different people.

Without death note :XNFJ
With death note XNTJ

Why are NTJs always the evil one....

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone have an idea why the Light we see at the beginning doesn't seem to act like the Light after giving up ownership of the death note?

Bad writing? It's hard to keep up with the plot for more than 30 episodes.

Geno

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Somewhere in the series they were like the death note is a curse blah blah. Something. Everytime he never had the death note he seemed nicer. And never had a creepy smile....

MBTI Type
INxJ

Hard to tell. I don't think it's that per se. I believe Light being shown as two drastically different people was for a purpose.

Somewhere in the series they were like the death note is a curse blah blah. Something. Everytime he never had the death note he seemed nicer. And never had a creepy smile....

I agree that a curse might have been what Ryuk meant by being unlucky, but what about Misa? Did she change when having possession of a death note? It didn't seem like it to me. Or does it matter what personality the shinigami owner of a death note has to influence humans?

Normal light had big round eyes and normal facial expressions. He was kind, and always put his morals first. He genuinely cared about people. He seems INFJ without the death note. Being the main character, Light seemed very undeveloped and hollow. Maybe because he was only a tool for Ryuk's boredom.

On another note, when I first signed up on this forum I had a Near avatar. My location was pluto too. Or rather, 134340. :D

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everytime he never had the death note he seemed nicer.

Yeah, nicer in a different way.
Just compare Light of the first episode with Light in the middle of the series in which he loses property of the DN.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light: Walking INTJ stereotype.

R

Riva

I is out of the question. Mello is very sociable, and gains energy from social interaction. Indeed, his phenomenal social skills are his primary strength.
I only watched the anime. So I guess the book is quite different.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Full profiles of the characters, including Enneagram, Big 5 and Keirseyan role variant:

Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Ryuk- ESTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUEN, Performer (Artisan)
Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
Takada- ENFJ, 4w3 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh man- I love this show!
Death Note is filled with NTs.

Light: INTJ (I can see some arguments for ENTJ but I think Light's just more Extraverted than characters like L & Near- he can act Extraverted to work on achieving his goals but he's more INTJ than ENTJ)
Near: INTP
Mello: ENTJ (having an emotional streak isn't the same thing as being an F- most of the actions Mello undertook on the show indicate more T than F.)
Misa: ESFP
Mikami: ISTJ
Sochiro: ISTJ
Higuchi: ENTJ
Matsuda: ENFP
Takada: ENFP
Aizawa: ESTJ
Mogi: ISTJ

I'm pretty sure whoever created this show was an INTX of some sort, when I saw this show it reminded me of the "Ender's Game" series for some reason.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Full profiles of the characters, including Enneagram, Big 5 and Keirseyan role variant:

Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
L- INTP, 5w6 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Ryuk- ESTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUEN, Performer (Artisan)
Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
Takada- ENFJ, 4w3 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
Aizawa- ESTJ, 2w3 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)

Light- entj
L- intp
Near-intj
Mello- enfp
Ryuk- entp
Misa- enfp, 4w3
The other I can't remember.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light- entj
L- intp
Near-intj
Mello- enfp
Ryuk- entp
Misa- enfp, 4w3
The other I can't remember.
Light- Introvert. He doesn't like company and needs large amounts of downtime.
Misa- ESFP. How in the hell is she N?
Ryuk- ESTP. His insights are more in the form of foresight (Ni) than inventive (Ne), and he's quite sensory (apple fixation).

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Light- Introvert. He doesn't like company and needs large amounts of downtime.
Misa- ESFP. How in the hell is she N?
Ryuk- ESTP. His insights are more in the form of foresight (Ni) than inventive (Ne), and he's quite sensory (apple fixation).

Light with the Death Note is totally an entj. Without the Death Note he's an intj. You can't say Light has doesn't have two different personalities.

Misa- I'm just poking fun. I agree she's a 4w3. But I'm interested to know where you see Se dominant in her.

I'm not going to disagree or agree with you on Ryuk. I would have to do some more research on Se vs Ne.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light with the Death Note is totally an entj. Without the Death Note he's an intj. You can't say Light has doesn't have two different personalities.
Why? Because he has decent social skills? This does not mean he actively enjoys socializing. Far from it, the Death Note seems to make him more introverted in that respect. Not to mention that his Te is forever subservient to his messianic vision, and only moreso with the Death Note than without.

Misa- I'm just poking fun. I agree she's a 4w3. But I'm interested to know where you see Se dominant in her.
Well, she's a career entertainer, a party animal; very sociable, does show a very limited amount of Ni, but no Ne that I can see. Since she's quite obviously an EFP and I saw a bit of Ni and no Ne I defaulted to the non-Ne option (ESFP).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Yes, agreed. Light is quite obviously Ni dominant before Te. Very much an INTJ.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Why? Because he has decent social skills? This does not mean he actively enjoys socializing. Far from it, the Death Note seems to make him more introverted in that respect. Not to mention that his Te is forever subservient to his messianic vision, and only moreso with the Death Note than without.

Well, she's a career entertainer, a party animal; very sociable, does show a very limited amount of Ni, but no Ne that I can see. Since she's quite obviously an EFP and I saw a bit of Ni and no Ne I defaulted to the non-Ne option (ESFP).

Look I'm obviously saw two different Light-one with the book and another without the book. The way I see it Light is an entj with the book and intj without the book.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look I'm obviously saw two different Light-one with the book and another without the book. The way I see it Light is an entj with the book and intj without the book.
You've yet to explain why. He was much much more Ni with the book, what with wanting to rid the world of criminals and become a god and all...

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
You've yet to explain why. He was much much more Ni with the book, what with wanting to rid the world of criminals and become a god and all...

I'm not going to explain it. I won't be able to in the words. Now if we were face to face, I could explain it to you.
At this point why would it matter after all he's a character.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not going to explain it. I won't be able to in the words. Now if we were face to face, I could explain it to you.
By this I surmise you mean you concluded he's an extrovert because he looks like an extrovert, which means he has a forceful personality and tremendous social skills. The problem is that introverts can fake all these traits, and INTJs very often do in order to manipulate other people.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
By this I surmise you mean you concluded he's an extrovert because he looks like an extrovert, which means he has a forceful personality and tremendous social skills. The problem is that introverts can fake all these traits, and INTJs very often do in order to manipulate other people.

I agree- Introverts can act like Extraverts.
He never really seemed to be a point where he wanted to rely on others- he simply only used people when he needed to. Otherwise, he was content with being alone.