• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Light - INFJ
L - INTP
Near - INTJ
Mello - ENFP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Yea! Absolutely! Light is an INFJ!

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Light is sooooo INTJ it is not even funny.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think L is |R|CUE|I|, because I am the same... equally reserved as inquisitive, and calm as well, his outbursts are extremely uncommon, his only one is when Light shows him he's not Kira, during the imprisonment (defecting the notebook), and it isn't really that noticeable.
However, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I think L (as well as me) is a Ti user with a Te perspective, trying to prove everything you think, see, and perceive; and it's the only explanation I can come up now regarding the whole mbti theory (as well as the original jungian types), and those traits in L are shown all the time, he has the theory (or more formal here, like all this mbti and jungian stuff, HYPOTHESIS; not really proven, or sometimes proven wrong) that Light is Kira, and tries to "set him up" to show the world, but he finally can't (the point is that he tried, and that sounds Te in the attempt to show the world the evidence, as Ti doesn't require the evidence... Te by itself is really practical, and conforms with what everyone thinks, taking the logic from the outside... I think the ideas are completely Ti for INTP, but if there are INTP who want to prove things, like me, also have the Te perspective, using both as dominant; hence rendering this whole theory partly wrong!) Consider this as a major possibility, because this is what seems the closest to the truth... if it is not. (I think all this is the truth for the issue here)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I reread the first book, yeah Light is definitely limbic, I don't know why I thought he was calm. L on the other hand still seems more like the calm type; even his outbursts like falling from the chair upon knowing the existence of shinigami could have been just theatrics of L's part, perhaps he wanted everyone to think he had was terrified of shinigami.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And, even after those outbursts, being a calm, who wouldn't be surprised (healthy people) to see something out of logic like a shinigami? LOL

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Wait, so when does Light have these supposed emotional outbursts apart from right at the end where he is, y'know, caught and killed? I'm having trouble remembering.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Light worries a little too much about the stuff, but a tertiary Fi doesn't let him express it, we see him more stressed as we proceed with the manga (close to the ending), so, there's where you see him as a limbic, when you really get to know him.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Why is a person being more "real" when under stress?

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why is a person being more "real" when under stress?

If this is true, then it's because people, when in stress, means that they have some concerns... let them be good or bad for them. And if they have concerns, they may have a tendency to act instinctively, using sensations and feelings in an unconscious way.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
... and this is exactly what's not natural for an INTJ.

It's very INTJ. Think about it. Ni isn't actually the most precise nor rational of functions. It's very good when it's mixed with Te and when the person is calm. When a INTJ is anger/mad and is looking for vengeance, Ni/Te will just find issues, details, reason and other things to attach to other people and themselves. When INTJs aren't rational, they simply think themselves to be

I'll edit later, gotta go

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Death Note

I know there is already a thread for anime characters, but Death Note deserves it's own.

Light Yagami: INTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx
L: INTP or INTJ 5w4 Sp/Sx (his function order was something like Ni=Ti=Ne>Te>Si>Fi>Se>Fe, so P/J is hard to tell)
Misa Amane: ESFP or ESTP 2w3 Sx/So
Soichiro Yagami: ISTJ 1w2 Sp/So
Aizawa: ESFJ 1w2 Sx/So
Matsuda: ENFP 6w7 So/Sx
Watari: ISFJ or ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
Ryuk: ISTP, ESTP or ENTP 7w8 Sp/So
Rem: INFJ 2w1 Sx/Sp

Near: INTJ or INTP 5w4 Sp/So or Sp/Sx
Mello: ENFJ 3w2 Sx/So
Takada: INFP or ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
Teru Mikami: INTJ, ISTJ or INFP 1w9 Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light: INTJ 1w9 but sp/so
L: INTP 5w4
Near: classic INTJ 5w6

I know everyone else disagrees with me, but I'm convinced Light is Sp/Sx. it's not so much what he does or cares about, but how he doesit. he's suave, seductive and mysterious and his movements are subtly sensual and alluring, even if he expresses no desire to connect with anyone on a personal level (I mean, who would he connect with? I wouldn't want to be intimate with anyone on the Kira task force lol)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know everyone else disagrees with me, but I'm convinced Light is Sp/Sx. it's not so much what he does or cares about, but how he doesit. he's suave, seductive and mysterious and his movements are subtly sensual and alluring, even if he expresses no desire to connect with anyone on a personal level (I mean, who would he connect with? I wouldn't want to be intimate with anyone on the Kira task force lol)
He's not really seductive unless it suits his purposes. Sx is not the domain where he focus his energy.

L is INTP, much more "theorizing": what if this or this, or that, while Light is more "this is what I should do".

Mello seems too chaotic, roughly patching his gang together and rules by tyranny, I'd go with ENFP for him.

Teru Mikami: ISTJ type 6.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not really seductive unless it suits his purposes. Sx is not the domain where he focus his energy.
yes, but when he does seduce, he's really good at it and it's clear he finds it enjoyable.

L is INTP, much more "theorizing": what if this or this, or that, while Light is more "this is what I should do"
theorizing aside, I do see a tremendous amount of Ni in him, but I lean INTP as well

Mello seems too chaotic, roughly patching his gang together and rules by tyranny, I'd go with ENFP for him.
perhaps. I don't see clear use of any cognitive function, except a strange form of unhealthy Te which is a case for ENFP

Teru Mikami: ISTJ type 6.
sooo 1w9! he is not insecure or nervous at all. he is pure, concentrated, restrained anger, more so than Kira even

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know there is already a thread for anime characters, but Death Note deserves it's own.

Light Yagami: INTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx
L: INTP or INTJ 5w4 Sp/Sx (his function order was something like Ni=Ti=Ne>Te>Si>Fi>Se>Fe, so P/J is hard to tell)
Misa Amane: ESFP or ESTP 2w3 Sx/So
Soichiro Yagami: ISTJ 1w2 Sp/So
Aizawa: ESFJ 1w2 Sx/So
Matsuda: ENFP 6w7 So/Sx
Watari: ISFJ or ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
Ryuk: ISTP, ESTP or ENTP 7w8 Sp/So
Rem: INFJ 2w1 Sx/Sp

Near: INTJ or INTP 5w4 Sp/So or Sp/Sx
Mello: ENFJ 3w2 Sx/So
Takada: INFP or ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
Teru Mikami: INTJ, ISTJ or INFP 1w9 Sx/So

There seems to be an obsession with Ones in this show, huh?

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Ryuk- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUAN, Performer (Artisan)
Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
Takada- ENFJ, 1w2 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)