• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Charlie Chaplin's Type

Rosabel

Some people say ENTP. I can't exclude the possibility, he could be an ENTP with strong Fe. But ENFP is a strong possibility. I have to read more about him to type him fairly. I'm drawing a conclusion from his movies and quotes... :)

KDude

I want to say ENFJ.

Chaplin, Hitler, MLK Jr. The many faces of ENFJ.

Either way, that speech is cool.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Honestly, I don't have the faintest clue what type Mr Chaplin has - I really don't know enough about his life to say. However, I just wanted to say that his little mustache reminds me of Hitler, so through out that entire video I was imagining it was Hitler giving that speak. If only.

I've also got to say for a man most famed for his silent movies his got a good voice. Damn near 4 minutes of monologue with stuttering, sluring or a single er.

KDude

Honestly, I don't have the faintest clue what type Mr Chaplin has - I really don't know enough about his life to say. However, I just wanted to say that his little mustache reminds me of Hitler, so through out that entire video I was imagining it was Hitler giving that speak. If only.

I've also got to say for a man most famed for his silent movies his got a good voice. Damn near 4 minutes of monologue with stuttering, sluring or a single er.

Although he used the mustache elsewhere, that clip is from the Great Dictator and a spoof on the Nazis specifically (made during wartime no less. So maybe the first Hitler spoof ever?).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to say ENFJ.

Chaplin, Hitler, MLK Jr. The many faces of ENFJ.

Either way, that speech is cool.

Compelling! I would like to posit that he was an Fe-intensive INFJ, which seems on the surface to be true Fe-primariness. :) I just made up a word.

KDude

Compelling! I would like to posit that he was an Fe-intensive INFJ, which seems on the surface to be true Fe-primariness. :) I just made up a word.

Yeah, I could see that too. Speaking of which, I came across an edited version of this vid not too long ago, and it hit me in a way that the film version never did before. Might as well post it.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Guys, just watch the movie with Robert Downey Jr. ENFP^1000000

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a character in The Great Dictator, so it isn't really Chaplin speaking.

yeghor

He doesn't seem to have the constitution to be an ENFP... Perhaps he was an IxFJ and was acting out his ExFP side (alter ego) in movies...

He definitely has the "in pain" look here:

Also check his casual self and frail body (Se inferior and Ni?):

Starry

That's a character in The Great Dictator, so it isn't really Chaplin speaking.

I'm not disagreeing with you as I don't know for certain and don't wish to research it but...that very much sounds like his voice... and honestly...if that was in fact a voice-over...that's some of the best sound-editing the 1940's has ever seen.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not disagreeing with you as I don't know for certain and don't wish to research it but...that very much sounds like his voice... and honestly...if that was in fact a voice-over...that's some of the best sound-editing the 1940's has ever seen.

I mean, it's the character's words, not Chaplin's words. Yes it's really his voice. He did sveral "talkies" after 1927. Just meant I wouldn't necessarily type him based on a character he portrayed.

Starry

I mean, it's the character's words, not Chaplin's words. Yes it's really his voice. He did sveral "talkies" after 1927. Just meant I wouldn't necessarily type him based on a character he portrayed.

Well...I do know he did a little more than just 'portray' a character so I guess I am/was confused as to what you're talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator
The Great Dictator is a 1940 American satirical political comedy-drama film starring, written, produced, scored, and directed by Charlie Chaplin...