• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Charlie Chaplin's Type

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=19700]Fuzzy Conduit[/MENTION]
That's a character in The Great Dictator, so it isn't really Chaplin speaking.
Chaplin wrote the script and by that also the speech. The movie was his way to fight for a cause he was passionate about.
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] I have to disagree on IxFJ. He maybe was a 4 but he got famous because he could improvise a whole sketch without any preparation, a very spontaneous nature. I wouldn't rule out INFP but he was IRL just like his characters, lively, spontaneous and romantic.

L

LadyLazarus

I sped-read this as Charlie Sheen and I was like; he's the archetypal used cars salesman, is this even a question?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

ENFJ.. same as Hitler.

"Charlie Chaplin's son Charles Jr. describes how his father was haunted by the similar backgrounds of Hitler and himself. He writes,

Their destinies were poles apart. One was to make millions weep, while the other was to set the whole world laughing. Dad could never think of Hitler without a shudder, half of horror, half of fascination. "Just think," he would say uneasily, “he’s the madman, I’m the comic. But it could have been the other way around."

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
ENFJ.. same as Hitler.

"Charlie Chaplin's son Charles Jr. describes how his father was haunted by the similar backgrounds of Hitler and himself. He writes,

Their destinies were poles apart. One was to make millions weep, while the other was to set the whole world laughing. Dad could never think of Hitler without a shudder, half of horror, half of fascination. "Just think," he would say uneasily, “he’s the madman, I’m the comic. But it could have been the other way around."

Hmm this ability to perceive the arbitrary of one's destiny sounds very ENFP to me...
Anyway, very Ne (as the Joker - Ne dom - intended to demonstrate that the fine line between madness and sanity is very tenuous and that anyone could turn wrong).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hmm this ability to perceive the arbitrary of one's destiny sounds very ENFP to me...

When I read that quote I think of how ENFJs have this power to make profound impacts on the world, and while Chaplin used this power for good, Hitler chose to use this power for evil.

How two similar people can have very different destinies.